Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [0.96a] Ship Catalogue/Variant Editor (SCVE) v1.8.2  (Read 81202 times)

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Ship Catalogue/Variant Editor (SCVE) v1.7.5
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2023, 06:51:53 PM »

A great addition would be adding fleetwide player skills - e.g. Flux Regulation as an option. Maybe a special hullmod like the officers?
The basis for adding them to any officer is done, if I recall correctly. I could probably add a toggle to set an officer as an admiral. Not sure if it'd work in simulator, but it might be interesting.

tantananan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Ship Catalogue/Variant Editor (SCVE) v1.7.5
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2023, 08:39:41 AM »

Just a heads up. Not sure if this will be useful. SCVariantEditor_saveVariant is being used by NPCs in the campaign. My save file contains about 40+ instances of it on NPCs. Might be an issue if players want to remove the mod in the middle of a campaign.

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Ship Catalogue/Variant Editor (SCVE) v1.8.1
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2023, 08:07:10 PM »

Just a heads up. Not sure if this will be useful. SCVariantEditor_saveVariant is being used by NPCs in the campaign. My save file contains about 40+ instances of it on NPCs. Might be an issue if players want to remove the mod in the middle of a campaign.
Welp. That's not good, thanks for the heads up.

Update v1.8.1 should fix any cases of this occurring.
https://github.com/RustyCabbage/ShipCatalogueVariantEditor/releases/tag/v1.8.1

Lappers

• Lieutenant
  • Professional vegetable
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2023, 10:26:09 AM »

This tool is going to consume countless hours of my life. It was a mistake and I should never have been allowed anywhere near it. I fear the godless abominations I will create.

Noopy757

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2023, 07:40:50 AM »

Sorry if I'm missing something but how do I get my saved variant from the editor to my save?

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2023, 08:18:31 AM »

This tool is going to consume countless hours of my life. It was a mistake and I should never have been allowed anywhere near it. I fear the godless abominations I will create.
:D

Sorry if I'm missing something but how do I get my saved variant from the editor to my save?
You'll get a file in ../Starsector/saves/common/SCVE called <hullId>_<variantDisplayName>.variant.data

You'll want to remove the .data from the name, use a text editor to set "goalVariant": true,, and then move the now .variant file to a ../data/variants/ folder. I'm not sure if I can have it create a goal variant automatically at runtime, I'll test that out, but I'd wager not.

Noopy757

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2023, 08:43:27 AM »

Worked like a charm! Thanks a lot. I have to say this mod helps me a TON as a new player. Able to browse all the weapons and mods. Absolute game changer!

SolowingWitch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2023, 07:04:44 AM »

Not sure if it'd be possible or not, but would be nice to have stations be available, whether in a seperate mission for them or not. Considering alot of faction mods which use new stations don't have a mission to test their stations in, by default. Currently, I kind of just use the performance test to hopefully randomly get them to get an idea of how they work.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 07:09:03 AM by Synd »
"I'm a strong supporter of A.I rights."

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2023, 11:05:31 AM »

Worked like a charm! Thanks a lot. I have to say this mod helps me a TON as a new player. Able to browse all the weapons and mods. Absolute game changer!
:)

Not sure if it'd be possible or not, but would be nice to have stations be available, whether in a seperate mission for them or not. Considering alot of faction mods which use new stations don't have a mission to test their stations in, by default. Currently, I kind of just use the performance test to hopefully randomly get them to get an idea of how they work.
I'd gotten this request a few times so I'll work on it, but unfortunately because I am dumb and bad the blocking stations stuff is baked pretty deeply into the code and untangling all the spaghetti is very annoying.

My suggestion for a workaround while I figure out how to unjank this mod is to remove the "station" hint from whatever stations you want to check in ship_data.csv and that should allow the stations to show up in the mod. (also remember to change the ship filter from HEAVY to LIGHT or NONE)

Kothyxaan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2023, 12:29:18 AM »

This mod is so handy, cheers for making it  ;D
I have a small request if it is possible. Would it be possible to have a "load variant" option in the refit hull mod selection (kind of like the save variant option)?
Not sure if that would be possible though.
Thanks again for this mod.

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Ship Catalogue/Variant Editor (SCVE) v1.8.2
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2023, 05:56:46 AM »

This mod is so handy, cheers for making it  ;D
I have a small request if it is possible. Would it be possible to have a "load variant" option in the refit hull mod selection (kind of like the save variant option)?
Not sure if that would be possible though.
Thanks again for this mod.
You're welcome! As for loading variants... Probably? I'm just not sure what the potential utility of it would be over using the standard autofit menu. What would you do with it?

IroncladLion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2023, 01:32:17 PM »

I mistook a devmode feature that was causing me crashes and attributed it to this mod. After further testing, the issue is unrelated to SCVE. SCVE works perfectly!

My mistake!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 02:53:02 PM by IroncladLion »

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2023, 02:28:08 PM »

That variant editor is the dev mode variant editor, not anything related to SCVE. It appears after running the benchmark mission, as the benchmark mission turns on dev mode (stated in the description)
Pages: 1 2 [3]