Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is there any way to edit a "Faction mod" into a "content mod" only ?  (Read 585 times)

korqi

• Ensign
    • View Profile

For example, lets say that I want to keep content (hulls,weapons, etc) from "scy" faction mod but I do not want scy nation to spawn in the sector. Is there any way  to do it?
Also will reducing faction mods to mere content mods decrease load on my RAM? As I am already running tons of mods. Thanks.

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile

It is possible "in theorie". The problem is that a lot of info about these weapons and ships are script. You would have to make a second mod, transfer all script and asset there make sure they load properly and then you also need to go and refer to it properly in vanilla's faction faction files.

You could also try to delete stuff pertaining to the new faction added by your source mod, but then there's tons of risk you will break something because there are code that refer to them.

On top of that, nobody but the mod maker could do it for you, as editing a modmaker's mod is only acceptable if it is kept local.