Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Windows game directory "starfarer-core" -- on a Mac?  (Read 2221 times)

Archduke Astro

• Captain
  • 99 AU from anywhere
    • View Profile
Windows game directory "starfarer-core" -- on a Mac?
« on: March 25, 2012, 11:09:02 AM »

I understand (perhaps imperfectly) that the Windows version of Starfarer holds most of its mission-critical goodies in a directory called "starfarer-core".

What would be the equivalent folder within the Mac version of the game???

I thought that I had correctly identified it as being at the end of this path within the game package, but maybe I was wrong:
Starfarer.app/Contents/Resources/Java/data/

That is where the Mac version of the game keeps the info most of interest to modders, such as hulls, variants, weapons, etc.

I ask because i'm trying to get a reputedly excellent modding utility to function within my Mac game install. Said utility was natively compiled for Windows, but does open via Wine / Crossover on a Mac. However, it is single-mindedly hunting for a folder explicity titled starfarer-core and there is no such animal in Mac Starfarer. It's my hope that I can identify the functional equivalent and then enjoy that modder-made utility.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.
We thought our last moment had come
when we got a message up the voice pipe
saying that 'A' Turret magazine was on fire.....

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Windows game directory "starfarer-core" -- on a Mac?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 11:31:56 AM »

The Starfarer.app/Contents/Resources/Java folder is equivalent to the "starfarer-core", in terms of the contents.

Archduke Astro

• Captain
  • 99 AU from anywhere
    • View Profile
Re: Windows game directory "starfarer-core" -- on a Mac?
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 11:45:07 AM »

The Starfarer.app/Contents/Resources/Java folder is equivalent to the "starfarer-core", in terms of the contents.
Excellent news. Thank you!
We thought our last moment had come
when we got a message up the voice pipe
saying that 'A' Turret magazine was on fire.....