Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: [0.97a] More HullMods 1.12.0  (Read 186584 times)

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] More HullMods 1.6.0
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2021, 03:52:40 AM »

I have a different idea. Remove any spare ammunition from the launcher. Instead launchers generate a new full salvo after a prolonged cooldown between shots - you can no longer deal as much of burst damage but could potentially fire more salvos in long term. Might be useful if your ships uses a couple of torpedo launchers to take down overloaded ships but otherwise relies on energies or ballistics. Basically the ammo magazine is replaced with nanoforge.

I like that too, makes missiles regenerable, but limits salvo to one or two.

About regenerating missiles, also on forum is present mod called Hullmod Specialization, but its pretty OP, since missiles almost never end with that hullmod, but I personally edited it so it regenerates slower.

Mr_8000

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] More HullMods 1.10.0
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2021, 03:30:48 PM »

With the recent change to exploration refit, I'd like to know what you think its niche is. It can't be used on combat vessels, the CR hit is too large a downside, but at the same time using it on a freighter/tanker doesn't make sense either since your capacity goes down (lowering its efficiency). The name doesn't really fit anymore as well, since on a long expedition out of the core worlds you'd want more capacity, not less.

PureTilt

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2021, 08:59:19 PM »

With the recent change to exploration refit, I'd like to know what you think its niche is. It can't be used on combat vessels, the CR hit is too large a downside, but at the same time using it on a freighter/tanker doesn't make sense either since your capacity goes down (lowering its efficiency). The name doesn't really fit anymore as well, since on a long expedition out of the core worlds you'd want more capacity, not less.

For utility ships such as Ox, Shepherd and Salvage Rig, or if you want to better sustain your fleet on salvage. Probably can remove penalty if installed with EO but not sure about it.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2021, 09:57:13 PM »

For utility ships such as Ox, Shepherd and Salvage Rig, or if you want to better sustain your fleet on salvage. Probably can remove penalty if installed with EO but not sure about it.
Maybe make it give different bonus/malus depending from whatever ship got Civilian grade hull or no?

demolish238

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2021, 02:28:25 PM »

That change to exploration refit just doesn't make sense to me, the only advantage to having it on any ship over efficiency overhaul is the sensor boost, while unlike efficiency it has a bunch of massive downsides that make it worthless on combat ships and with the decreased storage also pointless on civilian ships, even with tugs you might as well put efficiency on instead because you are only losing out on sensor strength and avoiding all the massive downsides.
Honestly I never even understood not making it work alongside efficiency, it just seems like a wasted hullmod since you would only ever use one or the other, the only reason I used exploration before was because it could be stacked with scy's minimal prep hullmod which was awesome.

Noviastar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2021, 06:11:56 PM »

Is it just me or does this not work?  maybe installed wrong.  But I get the pads with the hull mods on them use the pad but no dosen't show up that I can add them.  I am using the latest version of the game....

sharkley123

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2021, 05:29:06 PM »

bit of a personal suggestion: Maybe make it so the hullfoam dispenser hullmod can heal your ship more effectively (higher total hull restored, or doing it faster, or some other benefit), if the ship doesn't have any shields. It'd give it a nice niche of allowing unshielded ships to recover from damage in combat, without taking a ton of ordinance points to install a proper shielding system.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2021, 06:14:10 PM »

Is it just me or does this not work?  maybe installed wrong.  But I get the pads with the hull mods on them use the pad but no dosen't show up that I can add them.  I am using the latest version of the game....
When you are in Refit screen, the categories of hullmods are on the bottom of the UI. Try turning them all off and then back on. You might find that they were just not displayed.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2021, 01:26:03 AM »

Hi there,

If you're accepting suggestions... I'd love some hullmods that reduce ordinance point cost for certain types of weapons (in the same vein as 'Heavy Ballistics Integration'... which would stack I suppose). It's something I keep wanting when I'm trying to kit my ship out to a theme but the ordinance points just don't add up.

Mind you I know that'd probably be horrible to balance, but I got an idea while looking at a different mod (Better Deserved S-Mods) and what if the hullmod just gives a slight advantage to using a certain type of weapon, but only applies the ordinance point reduction if you S-Mod it (plus make the variants mutually exclusive so you can only use one type, energy/ballistic/beam/projectile/explosive/etc).

Something like: 5% Bonus damage to energy weapons, if S-Modded energy weapons also have a 30% ordinance point reduction (round up).

... not sure what a 5% damage bonus should cost by itself though.   :-\
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 02:02:46 AM by Oni »

WOWOWO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] More HullMods 1.11.1
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2022, 08:11:56 PM »

Hello, author, can I translate this mod?

Dampfnudel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2022, 10:03:56 AM »

Thank you for your amazing mod!

Suggestions for some additional hull mods:

Missle engine overdrive: + speed + acceleration -- range

Anti Shield Ammunition
Shield Concentrator: Less Shield Arc, Less Shield damage

Ablative Armor: +% Armor for damage calculation
Living Armor: Armor repair %
Light Alloy Armor: Minus Armor %; + Speed %

Low Maintenence: Less Peak Performance, Less Maintenence Cost

« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 12:34:09 AM by Dampfnudel »

PixiCode

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2022, 01:15:45 PM »

Thank you for your amazing mod!

Suggestions for some additional hull mods:

Missle engine overdrive: + speed + acceleration -- range...

While torpedo spec kind of fits this niche, that gave me the idea for... well, the 'opposite' of torpedo spec: interceptor spec. This isn't really a suggestion, just thought it was a cool idea.
+speed +maneuverability -health --range

Love this pack of hullmods, by the way. Surprisingly balanced besides hullfoam and maybe? hyper engines, while it enables some really fun stuff.

DanzyDanz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2022, 08:48:38 PM »

If I want to edit some  values how do I do it?

Tried removing the .jar file and moving the .java files from source to data/hullmods, but i got errors instead

HopeFall

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2022, 06:15:53 PM »

Just want to say, love this mod. I can't play the game without Split Chamber and Loader anymore. There's something utterly satisfying about more daka.

Egren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2023, 01:25:00 PM »

A lot of fun hullmods in here!

I noticed a discrepancy with, well, either this mod or Too Much Information (lets you view way more of a ship's stats than in vanilla), so I'm posting in both threads.

I noticed that hullmod Particle Accelerator (+30% projectile speed) seems to apply twice (a default proj speed of 1000 becomes 1690, in the TMI info window which is equal to 1000*1.3*1.3). There aren't a lot of ways to modify proj speed, so I've yet to determine if it's just TMI displaying the wrong number or if it's really applied twice to actual ship performance, in which case the issue is coming from MHM. I thiiink the error is coming from MHM, but not sure, so I figured I'd mention it in both threads.

versions used:

Starsector: 0.95.1a
TMI: 0.96
MHM: 1.11.1

aka current version of both mods, both meant for Starsector 0.95.1a.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5