Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24

Author Topic: [0.97a] Iron Shell 1.1813aj  (Read 376737 times)

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Iron Shell 1.16
« Reply #135 on: June 05, 2022, 04:40:09 PM »

Sir, can you allow me to translate this mod into Chinese and update it to the Chinese Starsector Forum(https://fossic.org)?
Thank you very much.
I'm unsure if you're asking to translate the entirety of the mod? ???

I know there are some strings that haven't been externalized to make things easier to translate. If you're still interested, I prefer we talk about this in the private DM system.

WREN_PL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2022, 11:23:14 AM »

Will the game crash if I delete the weeb ***?

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 06, 2022, 11:32:55 AM »

Ahem. First of all: language.

Second, if you're talking about the portraits, then yes, just deleting them will crash your game. What you can do though is replace them with other portraits. Just make sure they got the same name, and it should be fine.

WREN_PL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 06, 2022, 12:55:18 PM »

I play for full immersion, so having such dumb stuff show out of nowhere 1h into the run makes me just angry.

Nowhere in the mod description was written that I was installing weeb ***.

I'll just delete this mod because replacing portraits is real PITA.

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 06, 2022, 01:06:27 PM »

You do you, mister angry guy.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 07, 2022, 05:21:36 AM »

the anime girls are making you pay taxes, fair response

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 07, 2022, 09:07:05 AM »

@WREN_PL Please refer to the forum rules here: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=2668.0

Asking how to disable content or criticizing the inclusion of content in a mod is perfectly fine, but doing so in this manner is not. Please treat other forum users with respect.

Null Ganymede

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 07, 2022, 10:13:33 PM »

the anime girls are making you pay taxes, fair response
This is why nobody likes the Hegemony and their lackeys.

Phalamy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 10, 2022, 09:05:47 AM »

Hey i have a small problem with how this mod works with Nexerelin.
The faction has a permanent alliance with the Hagemony which completely makes sense, but it also causes the Alliace to stay if one of even both of them have been destroyed, causing a very annoying phantom alliance to hang around and mess with all of the politics alliance stuff.
For example if both of them are destroyed but another faction had previously joined the alliance, it will now be permanently stuck in there and can not be removed, because you can't lower relationships between a living and dead faction. The only way to remove them from the alliance is to completely destroy the faction and then resurrect it, in which case there is a 90% chance they will instantly rejoin the greater hagemony ghost alliance again.

This all only really matters if you have something like commissioned crews installed where adding factions to your alliance really matters, but when you do it really sucks to deal with.

Complaint aside, this mod is awesome! I love the ship designs!

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 11, 2022, 12:40:54 AM »

Hey i have a small problem with how this mod works with Nexerelin.
The faction has a permanent alliance with the Hagemony which completely makes sense, but it also causes the Alliace to stay if one of even both of them have been destroyed, causing a very annoying phantom alliance to hang around and mess with all of the politics alliance stuff.
For example if both of them are destroyed but another faction had previously joined the alliance, it will now be permanently stuck in there and can not be removed, because you can't lower relationships between a living and dead faction. The only way to remove them from the alliance is to completely destroy the faction and then resurrect it, in which case there is a 90% chance they will instantly rejoin the greater hagemony ghost alliance again.

This all only really matters if you have something like commissioned crews installed where adding factions to your alliance really matters, but when you do it really sucks to deal with.

Complaint aside, this mod is awesome! I love the ship designs!
Thank you! Histidine has addressed this in a future update of Nexerelin so dead alliance members are able to leave even if permanent.

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 11, 2022, 02:24:39 AM »

As a temporary work-around until the Nex update, you can probably use console commands to force the non-Hege, non-IS member to leave the alliance and then just adjust their relation to both below 50 so that they don't try to re-join. The proper order of commands should be "leavealliance <faction ID>", "setrelation <faction ID> hegemony 40", "setrelation <faction ID> ironshell 40", where <faction ID> is the internal faction ID for the third party faction that is having ghost alliance problems. You can verify what the ID is with the command "list factions".

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 11, 2022, 08:41:37 AM »

I absolutely love the iron shell ships and their artwork, they are very high quality, their hullmods are also presented in a clean manner 10/10
^^

immortalartisan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 12, 2022, 11:11:03 AM »

Love the mod and story lines its a very meaty mod the sword fighting was an especially nice surprise to do whenever I returned from a exploration expedition. also I utterly love the celestial blossom I tossed two onto a XIV legion I found and dear gods its like having a capital sized shotgun I love it. All I can ask for is more content

Vasyan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 13, 2022, 06:59:11 AM »

Please please please do not completely remove Greater Hegemony auto create at start in random sector!

In my games, Iron Shell has become the only salvation for the Hegemony. Without the Iron Shell dozen modded factions with a built-in hatred of Hegemony simply grind it to powder

Does Iron Shell faction *always* align/get friendly with Hegemony even in randomized relations/random core worlds game starts?

Seems to have fallen that way in the last two random galaxy/random faction relation setups I ran...

...in case the answer is "yes":  If possible, I would request an option to turn this off and allow random relations to truly be random.
Probably alignments or starting dispositions aren't randomized? Iron Shell is very closely aligned to Hegemony (obviously) so in Nexerelin, similar dispositions tend to align together. Really unsure as I do the bare minimum for random sector support right now, might have to ask Histidine later on for Nexerelin updates if random relations consider dispositions as well.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 13, 2022, 10:36:55 AM »

Please please please do not completely remove Greater Hegemony auto create at start in random sector!

In my games, Iron Shell has become the only salvation for the Hegemony. Without the Iron Shell dozen modded factions with a built-in hatred of Hegemony simply grind it to powder
They still auto-create unless you turned them off in the setting.json of this mod...?
Hmm.. I'll have to check then.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24