Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24

Author Topic: [0.97a] Iron Shell 1.1813aj  (Read 366303 times)

Samir Al-Hajeed

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Iron Shell 1.16
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2022, 01:01:11 PM »

Out of curiosity, is the Iron Shell capable of doing A.I. Core inspections? If I saturation bomb every Hegemony colony, will I have to worry about Iron Shell picking up the slack?
Do you want them to?

Honestly speaking boss, not really. I like the expanded Hegemony feel Iron Shell comes with, and it'd be fitting if the Domain survivors were able to outlast the Domains successors.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2022, 01:21:45 PM »

Out of curiosity, is the Iron Shell capable of doing A.I. Core inspections? If I saturation bomb every Hegemony colony, will I have to worry about Iron Shell picking up the slack?
Do you want them to?

Meanwhile, I'm going to be the Shoulder Devil and say merely:

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2022, 06:32:59 PM »

Does Iron Shell faction *always* align/get friendly with Hegemony even in randomized relations/random core worlds game starts?

Seems to have fallen that way in the last two random galaxy/random faction relation setups I ran...

...in case the answer is "yes":  If possible, I would request an option to turn this off and allow random relations to truly be random.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2022, 06:42:20 PM »

Does Iron Shell faction *always* align/get friendly with Hegemony even in randomized relations/random core worlds game starts?

Seems to have fallen that way in the last two random galaxy/random faction relation setups I ran...

...in case the answer is "yes":  If possible, I would request an option to turn this off and allow random relations to truly be random.
Probably alignments or starting dispositions aren't randomized? Iron Shell is very closely aligned to Hegemony (obviously) so in Nexerelin, similar dispositions tend to align together. Really unsure as I do the bare minimum for random sector support right now, might have to ask Histidine later on for Nexerelin updates if random relations consider dispositions as well.

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2022, 07:39:45 PM »

thanks for the info

...I still heard/determined why...but in my random games Hegemony seems to always do really well...even with random relations, even faction weighting, etc.  Adding Iron Shell to their side = juggernaut.

I would like to role-play Iron Shell deciding that yes, AI inspections suck and Heggies must submit to Doctor Waifu's...final inspection.

nukularpower

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 16, 2022, 01:10:25 AM »

I vote for more inspections

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 16, 2022, 03:21:17 AM »

I think AI inspections should be Hegemony thing only. Instead Iron Shell should tax audit you if you smuggle too much or have free ports, maybe even outright taking over that function from Hegemony - Hegemony would no longer touch your free ports delegating this to Iron Shell

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2022, 10:35:48 PM »

Some weird error popped up. The hegemony controls Yami due to nexerelin if that matters at all.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2022, 10:41:40 PM »

Some weird error popped up. The hegemony controls Yami due to nexerelin if that matters at all.
That's weird. Hegemony is supposed to transfer control back to Yami... but I can probably find a fix for it. Thanks!

Edit: Oh... that listener was broken. Thanks!
I think AI inspections should be Hegemony thing only. Instead Iron Shell should tax audit you if you smuggle too much or have free ports, maybe even outright taking over that function from Hegemony - Hegemony would no longer touch your free ports delegating this to Iron Shell
Expeditions already don't serve this purpose? And if you do smuggle too much you'll get a surprise inspection anyway vanilla-wise which may trigger the audit as well.
thanks for the info

...I still heard/determined why...but in my random games Hegemony seems to always do really well...even with random relations, even faction weighting, etc.  Adding Iron Shell to their side = juggernaut.

I would like to role-play Iron Shell deciding that yes, AI inspections suck and Heggies must submit to Doctor Waifu's...final inspection.
Found this to be an oversight on Histidine's part will be resolved on Nexerelin's next update.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 27, 2022, 08:50:07 AM »

my oh my, i just got my hands on the avaritia capacity overhaul... its glorious, i'm just dissapointed i didnt get it before i built in a second hullmod on my valorous

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 28, 2022, 02:33:18 AM »

Although on Avaritia, do AI have any clue how to use it? as i havent seen any of my officers take advantage of the damage boost at all. Do they need to be reckless to even vent that close to an enemy?

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2022, 07:07:42 PM »

Although on Avaritia, do AI have any clue how to use it? as i havent seen any of my officers take advantage of the damage boost at all. Do they need to be reckless to even vent that close to an enemy?
Custom AI addition is installed for it.
- When enemy target is overloaded and ship is >50% flux, vent but maintain range (no backing).
- When about to overload (although I haven't tested this as much).

The AI will force-vent when its target is overloaded (despite the usual threat level when it wouldn't) and won't back for the first 3 seconds of venting (or whatever is shorter). So in a 1v1 not really. They can use it better when the enemy are surrounded and when you design strike loadouts for Avaritia to abuse.

The duration matches with some long-range weaponry... as a hint.

Burminsky

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 31, 2022, 09:43:32 AM »

Why does this mod "necessarily" have a Nexerelin mod?
Removing the line {"id": "nexerelin", "name": "Nexerelin"} in mod_info.json solves this issue, or is Nexerelin still necessary?

Ps: unfortunately, the mod crashes the game. He probably really needs Nexerelin. It's a pity.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 10:45:56 AM by Burminsky »

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 31, 2022, 06:58:06 PM »

Why does this mod "necessarily" have a Nexerelin mod?
Removing the line {"id": "nexerelin", "name": "Nexerelin"} in mod_info.json solves this issue, or is Nexerelin still necessary?

Ps: unfortunately, the mod crashes the game. He probably really needs Nexerelin. It's a pity.
Yes, I don't like reinventing functions that Nexerelin already invented and maintains for me. My apologies to any non-Nex user.

TheHZDev

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 03, 2022, 07:30:35 PM »

Sir, can you allow me to translate this mod into Chinese and update it to the Chinese Starsector Forum(https://fossic.org)?
Thank you very much.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24