Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24

Author Topic: [0.97a] Iron Shell 1.1813aj  (Read 377114 times)

StrikeEcho

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Iron Shell 1.181
« Reply #255 on: February 13, 2023, 05:05:26 PM »

I love this mod - thank you so much for making it! The backstories, the ships, the general vibe - all great. The Vengeance is now one of my favourite ships. I may even beat Hot Coffee one day.

I noticed that there are no missions, not even regular bounty missions, after the first two special ones. Someone on Reddit said that the leader (Hartley?) will start giving special missions, which will let you unlock experimental ships and unique hullmods. I don't see any way of getting more missions after the first two and they don't offer me any new ships or hullmods. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, I'm not sure if there's any purpose to trying to increase rep with any of the characters.
You get the new hullmods, BPs and other stuff from high rep with the other characters. And only the first two missions are implement right now.

Limilnate

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 13, 2023, 08:48:16 PM »

Hi kinda want to report a problem that i constantly meet although it is not really game breaking or stuff it just annoying for me, so whenever I'm starting a new game after finishing previous run without closing starsector, Iron Shell portrait always become missing and no officer/admin/agent can spawn with Iron Shell portrait at all(tried spawn 100+ officer with console command and no luck, hireable officer that spawn in chiptagupta also spawn with generic portrait), there is no portrait mod i have except that come from the faction mod that i use (UAF, Mayasura, and VIC). If u do close the game then run it again, the Iron Shell portrait can be picked in your chara selection but returning to the main menu and trying to make chara again, the portrait will be gone again.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 13, 2023, 09:37:14 PM »

it would be cool if Celeste and coffee mommy had special dialogues if you resign commision/become hated/steal chicoz's nanoforge after reaching 100 relations with them. They sound very sweet when you get closer to them (with coffee mommy even inviting you to hang out), they would surely react somehow if the player sudenly turned their backs to them
Done!
Not to bother, but is there a chance of the console command to spawn the mod's campaign content either still working or being fixed in the future?
Was working on this, not sure if I can foolproof it from crashing.
I love this mod - thank you so much for making it! The backstories, the ships, the general vibe - all great. The Vengeance is now one of my favourite ships. I may even beat Hot Coffee one day.

I noticed that there are no missions, not even regular bounty missions, after the first two special ones. Someone on Reddit said that the leader (Hartley?) will start giving special missions, which will let you unlock experimental ships and unique hullmods. I don't see any way of getting more missions after the first two and they don't offer me any new ships or hullmods. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, I'm not sure if there's any purpose to trying to increase rep with any of the characters.
They should be regular contacts for you to develop. Wonder what issue came up there.

Hi kinda want to report a problem that i constantly meet although it is not really game breaking or stuff it just annoying for me, so whenever I'm starting a new game after finishing previous run without closing starsector, Iron Shell portrait always become missing and no officer/admin/agent can spawn with Iron Shell portrait at all(tried spawn 100+ officer with console command and no luck, hireable officer that spawn in chiptagupta also spawn with generic portrait), there is no portrait mod i have except that come from the faction mod that i use (UAF, Mayasura, and VIC). If u do close the game then run it again, the Iron Shell portrait can be picked in your chara selection but returning to the main menu and trying to make chara again, the portrait will be gone again.
Iron Shell\data\config\settings.json look for this line
Code
"NoEISPlayer":false, #Prevents player faction from generating Iron Shell Portraits but remain pickable in start screen
set this to true

I created this setting so whenever I did a non-Iron Shell start, I wouldn't get Iron Shell NPCs in my player colony if I'm going hostile versus them and such.
hireable officer that spawn in chiptagupta also spawn with generic portrait)
This is interesting, I don't think they should be spawning with generic portraits since they should be using their faction's NPC portraits. I haven't been able to reproduce this issue.

Thai2410

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 13, 2023, 05:19:03 PM »

I just want to say, this is a great mod, not only because of what it adds, but also because I'm a Vietnamese  ;D It's rare indeed to see Vietnamese get mentioned without the usual guerilla jungle fighters stereotype.

For those who don't know, Kim Quy (literally "Golden Turtle") is an important legend in Vietnamese history. In legends, the Golden Turtle appeared twice to help the Vietnamese build their nation. The first is during 200 BCE where he taught the people to build a magical ballista that shoot multiple bolts per shot (which might be the Celestial Blossom in the mod) The second is during 15th century where he gave Le Loi, a rebel leader, a magical sword to fight against the Chinese occupying the country. The sword is call "Thuan Thien" (Celestial's Will), which in the mod is the coffee mommy's flagship, iirc.

p020901

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 15, 2023, 03:23:22 AM »

Hey! I see that we can hand in recovered XIV blueprints for Kim Quy to give a boost to the Hegemony (as well as compliments from Kim Quy); as of now I have handed in the Castigator XIV (from Tahlan's) and the Legion XIV. How many blueprints are there that we can hand in for Kim Quy?

Edit: Also @Thai2410, there is also the Hoan Kiem Legion XIV piloted by Kim Quy herself, which is the story about Le Loi returning the Thuan Thien sword to... well, Kim Quy.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 03:26:33 AM by p020901 »

HopeFall

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 20, 2023, 06:20:19 AM »

Question, but how do you get that Hegemony orange color? Can you explain some of the steps on the portrait creation? I'm assuming photoshop, but I don't quite know how to get a orange/red outline shading like that.

Edit I've seen the mod has some neat integration. If I could suggest something, adding some Iron Shell strikecraft compatible with Armaa would be pretty neat (and maybe a gundam). I know Ava Nitia has some dialogue about combat drugs being injected in them, and Armaa has that feature! (As a hullmod for strike craft, called C-Stim Dispatcher that uses recreational drugs). :3
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 06:59:43 AM by HopeFall »

Shinr

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 26, 2023, 10:12:22 AM »

Since I never used Vayra's Ship Pack (and won't be able to any time soon since AFAIK it is buggy or incompatible with the current vanilla version), it took me a while to realize that this mod's Tyrant is a XIV variant of that mod's Tyrant and not a XIV exclusive ship.

Any other mods it borrows ships from so I could download them for a complete package?

Texas Redhawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 27, 2023, 03:59:45 AM »

Since I never used Vayra's Ship Pack (and won't be able to any time soon since AFAIK it is buggy or incompatible with the current vanilla version), it took me a while to realize that this mod's Tyrant is a XIV variant of that mod's Tyrant and not a XIV exclusive ship.

Any other mods it borrows ships from so I could download them for a complete package?
The Skyrend and Flagellator are from Tahlan's. I think the rest of the non-vanilla Iron Shell lineup - the Indomitable, the Vengeance, the Endeavour, etc. - is unique to Iron Shell.

Personally, I'm hoping to see the Hegemon-class from YunruCore or some other Hegemony supercapital getting added at some point.

HopeFall

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 31, 2023, 07:43:41 PM »

Bootlegs exist of various mods. Some on the Unofficial Didscord, some by searching for a bit for a megapack that exists on offshore locations. People were being sensitive about bootlegs a few months after the release of the current version of Starsector, but it's safe to say that some of these creators have zero interest in updating their mods, so I'd say go for it. I personally can't do a playthrough without Vayra's Sector/Ship pack.

Guardsmen83

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 05, 2023, 11:12:20 PM »

New player to the mod any tips? and such I'm getting roflstomped the hullmods make me have zero range

Also be nice see a 14 version of that new dreadnought in .96
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 11:17:08 PM by Guardsmen83 »

Triin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 11, 2023, 09:20:30 AM »

Any news about 0.96 update? Love this mod, waiting for ot to start playong again

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 12, 2023, 09:29:45 AM »

New player to the mod any tips? and such I'm getting roflstomped the hullmods make me have zero range

Also be nice see a 14 version of that new dreadnought in .96
The ships emphasize a more "decisive" battle meaning you should tank up some damage and then unleash a huge amount of damage unexpectedly in range.

Any news about 0.96 update? Love this mod, waiting for ot to start playong again

I'll have to play with 0.96 story and see what changed so changes can be made. There were a lot of things done to faction doctrine that I'll have to adjust now as well.

bob888w

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 12, 2023, 10:48:21 AM »

Will the changes to acquiring the eradicator and champion also happen in the 96 compatability patch, or will that come later?

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 12, 2023, 11:16:43 AM »

Will the changes to acquiring the eradicator and champion also happen in the 96 compatability patch, or will that come later?
Yes. I'm thinking the story might be related to those requirements if they apply or otherwise, they'll require an Alliance with their respective faction.

Uttrik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 12, 2023, 06:35:48 PM »

The mod is dead, I guess

Yes, the mod is dead, ignore the posts made by the creator above you talking about future updates.

Anyway, The Iron Shell is a fantastic mod Timid, one of my favorite faction mods out of all of the ones I've played with.  The focus on close range knife fights is the antithesis of just about every modded ship above the size of a frigate, which is great for gameplay variety.  Plus the idea that the Hegemony would have a militant tax collection agency makes perfect sense.  And fingers crossed that there will eventually be an XIV/Iron Shell variant of the Invictus, though, after reading the lore behind the ship, it would have to be a singular prototype from the pre-domain collapse era or something along those lines.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24