Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24

Author Topic: [0.97a] Iron Shell 1.1813aj  (Read 366354 times)

GreyEisenwolf

• Ensign
  • I need help
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Iron Shell 1.181
« Reply #225 on: December 16, 2022, 10:01:19 PM »

What does one do if Ava doesn't want to tell her Veteran story despite being commissioned to the Iron Shell faction in part of Nexelerin?
I'm confident it's a glitch.
Battle Carrier Enthusiast | Frigate spammer | Monitor, the immovable pebble | Ludd's 1# Drug Smuggler | Andrada's Worse Gas Station employee he's ever had | Doritos Cool Ranch flavor is better than Nacho cheese, you can't change my mind.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 16, 2022, 10:23:32 PM »

Whenever I try to start a new game with this mod installed, it crashes as soon as the game begins generating the sector right after selecting the starting skills. It seems to work fine when loading an existing save, so I believe it has to do with sector generation.

The error message:
Spoiler
[close]

This happens regardless of whether or not other (faction) mods are active.
Outdated Nexerelin.
What does one do if Ava doesn't want to tell her Veteran story despite being commissioned to the Iron Shell faction in part of Nexelerin?
Hmmm, I will attempt to replicate it or maybe it got fixed in some of the winter cleaning things I'm doing. Thanks!

GreyEisenwolf

• Ensign
  • I need help
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 16, 2022, 10:34:01 PM »

I forgot to mention that I remembered that there was a pop up when I was attempting to ask Ava's experience, iirc the pop up says to reload a previous save to prevent any issues in story sequence I think, I didn't take a screenshot nor can I remember what it actually said, but if it has interrupted the story sequence beyond on in-save repairs then I'll just make a new save and start over, still early on my 2nd Iron Shell run after all so no significant progress made as of yet,

But I might want to know if anyone else had the same issue since I've got a lot of various mods installed that might possibly had a hand in.
Battle Carrier Enthusiast | Frigate spammer | Monitor, the immovable pebble | Ludd's 1# Drug Smuggler | Andrada's Worse Gas Station employee he's ever had | Doritos Cool Ranch flavor is better than Nacho cheese, you can't change my mind.

GreyEisenwolf

• Ensign
  • I need help
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 17, 2022, 03:31:38 AM »

Whenever I try to start a new game with this mod installed, it crashes as soon as the game begins generating the sector right after selecting the starting skills. It seems to work fine when loading an existing save, so I believe it has to do with sector generation.

The error message:
Spoiler
[close]

This happens regardless of whether or not other (faction) mods are active.
Outdated Nexerelin.
Hmmm, I will attempt to replicate it or maybe it got fixed in some of the winter cleaning things I'm doing. Thanks!

I'm confident it has been caused by other mods because this didn't happen in my first Iron shell playthrough a month or two back but back then, it only had 1/3 of the mods I currently run,

and I've made a new game, the same problem of Ava unable to share her experience still persists.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #229 on: December 17, 2022, 04:24:57 AM »

The last time I encountered it, the Ava veteran story option being available but not working was due to player having the Valorous while not having completed the main menu mission Hot Coffee.

GreyEisenwolf

• Ensign
  • I need help
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 17, 2022, 11:22:09 PM »

The last time I encountered it, the Ava veteran story option being available but not working was due to player having the Valorous while not having completed the main menu mission Hot Coffee.

Hmmmmmm it might be that, I choosed the Valorous as my starting ship in the Nexelerine option because it's simply my favorite modded frigate with a thousand or two of extra flux capacity edited in then found another one in Yami's black market lmao, but anyway I'll try putting the both of them in storage and see what happens.

EDIT: It worked LMAOOOOOO
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 11:27:43 PM by GreyEisenwolf »

FoolishBosch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 29, 2022, 07:17:51 PM »

Sorry for asking if this is the easiest question to solve on our own, but how do I start out as a new Iron Shell member? As in who is my primary quest/mission giver as a commissioned member (using Nexerelin)? I know Kim Quy give missions but I am assuming these are mid to end tier missions that require a decent fleet, not something for a starting fleet that just started the game.

Again sorry if this is an easy/dumb question.

Tito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 02, 2023, 03:52:08 PM »

Iron shell hullmods not showing up even using "allhullmods" after Nexerelin update.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 02, 2023, 09:04:38 PM »

Iron shell hullmods not showing up even using "allhullmods" after Nexerelin update.

I dont think thats either a Nexerlin or Ironshell report mate, thats console commands. By the way you can give yourself the modspecs specifically, use list and find the names

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 02, 2023, 09:10:40 PM »

Sorry for asking if this is the easiest question to solve on our own, but how do I start out as a new Iron Shell member? As in who is my primary quest/mission giver as a commissioned member (using Nexerelin)? I know Kim Quy give missions but I am assuming these are mid to end tier missions that require a decent fleet, not something for a starting fleet that just started the game.

Again sorry if this is an easy/dumb question.
The two unique NPC named Ava and Charlotte on Yami is the ones that give you easy-to-do missions.

Filter hullmods must be disabling them from being seen. Flip around with the settings a bit!

I dont think thats either a Nexerlin or Ironshell report mate, thats console commands. By the way you can give yourself the modspecs specifically, use list and find the names
They are referring about how learned hullmods sometimes get "filtered" out and need to be re-enabled.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 02, 2023, 09:36:24 PM »

They are referring about how learned hullmods sometimes get "filtered" out and need to be re-enabled.

Oh wait whoops you're absolutely correct, sorry tito.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 03, 2023, 09:02:53 AM »

It looks like changes to the player faction music using the in-game menu provided by this mod don't seem to stick when reloading the game, as it reverts its default tracks.

Tito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 04, 2023, 01:23:35 PM »

Filter hullmods? I'm not using that mod.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 05, 2023, 02:34:00 PM »

It looks like changes to the player faction music using the in-game menu provided by this mod don't seem to stick when reloading the game, as it reverts its default tracks.
If your faction already has player faction music defined already by some other mod or your own settings, it won't stick. I should probably fix this if possible??

Filter hullmods? I'm not using that mod.

Not a mod. I did allhullmods myself and the Iron Shell got filtered out. Click on that button to make it visible.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 05, 2023, 02:46:43 PM »

If your faction already has player faction music defined already by some other mod or your own settings, it won't stick. I should probably fix this if possible??

Ah, that's interesting, that is actually what's going on, i have my own mod with personal chances in it and one of those chances is the music, i guess i'll take that out then.

Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24