Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24

Author Topic: [0.97a] Iron Shell 1.1813aj  (Read 378986 times)

user-cat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Iron Shell 1.17
« Reply #151 on: June 20, 2022, 11:51:46 PM »

Hello,Timid. I want to move this mod to the  Forum of Starsector in China. Can I have your permission.

Coil

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2022, 06:10:10 AM »

Hello,Timid. I want to move this mod to the  Forum of Starsector in China. Can I have your permission.

... why not use this one?

RedBaronFlyer

• Ensign
  • XIV Battlegroup Fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 21, 2022, 12:56:28 PM »

They probably mean to translate it and then post the translated version on the Chinese starsector forum, but it just got lost in translation

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 21, 2022, 01:13:49 PM »

Didn't someone already offer to translate the mod? Could be a different forum though, but just in case.

Kadatherion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 21, 2022, 04:51:20 PM »

Welp, I can't believe I didn't try this mod for so long. The ships look great (and go very well with a few other known mods that do add some XIV variants: indeed I use all the ones you accounted for) and yeah, ok, it's memey, but the integration of the contacts and how they give you access to certain unique rewards is very well done. Even in its tongue in cheek weebness it does a lot to immerse the player more in the game. I wish more faction/expansion mods did it like this instead of just sprinkling around wrecks at procgen (or dumping everything into an HVB or two) and leaving it at that.

My only gripe is that I don't really like being commissioned/allied to the Hegemony, so that kind of makes me rush through the content to get what unique cool stuff I can so that I can be free again as soon as possible, but that absolutely cannot be considered a fault of the mod, it's just a choice and a matter of tastes. And it totally fits well in the game and makes sense, so that's really on me.

Kudos man, thanks: this is definitely going into my permanent modlist.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 08:17:34 PM by Kadatherion »

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 21, 2022, 09:18:18 PM »

They probably mean to translate it and then post the translated version on the Chinese starsector forum, but it just got lost in translation
Didn't someone already offer to translate the mod? Could be a different forum though, but just in case.
This is correct, someone is working on the translation right now to be ported over to the Chinese Starsector forum.
Welp, I can't believe I didn't try this mod for so long. The ships look great (and go very well with a few other known mods that do add some XIV variants: indeed I use all the ones you accounted for) and yeah, ok, it's memey, but the integration of the contacts and how they give you access to certain unique rewards is very well done. Even in its tongue in cheek weebness it does a lot to immerse the player more in the game. I wish more faction/expansion mods did it like this instead of just sprinkling around wrecks at procgen (or dumping everything into an HVB or two) and leaving it at that.

My only gripe is that I don't really like being commissioned/allied to the Hegemony, so that kind of makes me rush through the content to get what unique cool stuff I can so that I can be free again as soon as possible, but that absolutely cannot be considered a fault of the mod, it's just a choice and a matter of tastes. And it totally fits well in the game and makes sense, so that's really on me.

Kudos man, thanks: this is definitely going into my permanent modlist.
That's sweet. Thank you! I do believe you don't have to be commissioned/allied to the Hegemony to get all the content you need to make your "freedom run." The rewards are tied to the contact's reputation not the faction's.

user-cat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 21, 2022, 10:34:13 PM »

My English proficiency is very bad. I think it is the same forum, but it takes some time to translate it into Chinese. The ship of this mod is very beautiful. I want to carry the English version to the Chinese starsensor forum, which will not conflict with the translator

user-cat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 21, 2022, 10:37:24 PM »

Because of the translation software problem, I don't know if you want me to move this one mod.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 22, 2022, 11:12:02 AM »

Because of the translation software problem, I don't know if you want me to move this one mod.
My English proficiency is very bad. I think it is the same forum, but it takes some time to translate it into Chinese. The ship of this mod is very beautiful. I want to carry the English version to the Chinese starsensor forum, which will not conflict with the translator
No thank you.

SolarGalaxy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 22, 2022, 12:22:31 PM »

Thank you for the wonderful mod!

I particularly enjoy using the Rampage Drive on the Indomitable-class Cruiser and Flagellator-class Destroyer, to the point where I often overextend myself.

I even had the chance to ram an Imperium battleship into an Imperium Battlestar the other day:
Ramming

[close]
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 12:33:45 PM by SolarGalaxy »

painandsuffering123

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 15, 2022, 08:00:53 AM »

When I hover over Operation Hammerdown, it says "Not available in this version of Iron Shell." Is this in the sense of those missions not being finished yet, or me pressing an incorrect download link?

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 15, 2022, 09:24:41 AM »

When I hover over Operation Hammerdown, it says "Not available in this version of Iron Shell." Is this in the sense of those missions not being finished yet, or me pressing an incorrect download link?
Not finished yet. Don't know what to do when Mayasuran Navy (another mod) is installed.

power12359

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 25, 2022, 03:25:13 PM »

I was looking for mods that added more hull mods when I discovered Iron Shell. I was about to dismiss it because it didn't seem to say anything about hull mods. It was only because of my curiosity that I clicked on the change log and discovered that there is hull mods in this mod. Please change the front to at least advertise you have hull mods.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 26, 2022, 07:40:49 PM »

I was looking for mods that added more hull mods when I discovered Iron Shell. I was about to dismiss it because it didn't seem to say anything about hull mods. It was only because of my curiosity that I clicked on the change log and discovered that there is hull mods in this mod. Please change the front to at least advertise you have hull mods.
It's because I'm ashamed of them and I try my best to make the AI use it (and I don't like advertising it if the AI can't use it :( proficiently, but I will change the front)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24