Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.95a is out! (03/26/21); Blog post: A Tale of Two Tech Levels (05/28/21)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [0.95a] Iron Shell 0.09z  (Read 10109 times)

Techpriest

• Commander
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
[0.95a] Iron Shell 0.09z
« on: April 01, 2020, 05:46:46 PM »

In all my life, I have thought the Domain was too powerful to collapse. The Hegemony would continue to survive and prosper. You know, when I saw that thing, I doubted our Great Cause... like I could never match the intellect of its design or prevail over it. I may have met creative enemy designs, but this... is just a reminder of our failures before everything fell apart... --Kim Quy

Download Iron Shell 0.09z Psi
Requires GraphicsLib, LazyLib, MagicLib
Supports Commissioned Crews, Starship Legends, Nexerelin

Iron Shell is a faction mod based around increasing the arsenal and developing the lore behind the Fourteenth Battlegroup and Hegemony. A military division that specializes in commerce and carries their duties across the Persean Sector. This mod contains a complete faction including new 7 flyable ships, 14 equippable fighter wings, and 1 revamped vanilla star system.

Well, give me the lore!
circa pre-Collapse – Naraka was a system ripe for the entry of Domain into the Persean Sector. Nachiketa was an ideal planet for one of the Sector's AM fuel production facilities on the sight of being convenient and access to available volatiles from the cryovolcanic worlds of Chitagupta and Yami in the Naraka system. Yama later proved marginally viable to be terraformed as well which serves its uses as Nachiketa became a busy planet for starship traffic.

circa c+00 – Battlegroup XIV enact network failure protocol where crews are put into emergency cryosleep, units become jury-rigged, and the battlegroup makes their desperate journey to the nearest civilized space forcing to mothball and abandon some of their crew into space to save on repairs for the journey with the promises of recovery in later cycles.

c+48 - c+49 – XIV Battlegroup arrives in Persean Sector and enacts a diktat of hegemony. Multiple ministries including Information, Labor, Health, Commerce, and various others are established to bring back order under the Great Cause (to restore the Domain).

c+74 – Hegemony establishes a reclamation fleet funded by the Ministry of Commerce, bringing back what remains of the XIV Battlegroup and its members into Persean Space.

c+89 – The First AI War ignites and engulfs the entire Persean Sector.

c+91 – Naraka System is attacked. A major victory for the Hegemony, it is a devastating pyrrhic victory. Nachiketa's industry and infrastructure are crippled. Yama declines in population and infrastructure along with Yami's mining populace. Chitagupta and her mining infrastructure is destroyed completely. The remaining heat from the devastation warms up the Chitagupta is predestined to be a water world, although the healthy levels of these waters remain indeterminate.

c+95 – Hegemony and her allies win decisively versus the Tri-Tachyon and enforce a Domain-era standard regulation of technological inspections concerning AI development.

c+142 – Reclamation Fleet returns to the Persean Sector, bringing back much of the valuable XIV materiel, blueprints, remainder of the crew. The Ministry of Commerce rations the well-brought back materiel. The crew is thawed out over the cycles of time as safely as they can while determining physical and neurological damage from the failing cryostasis system. The Ministry of Commerce establishes the division Iron Shell where the survivors and the highest-ranking officer, Kim Quy, among the survivor is given a chance to prove herself in the post-Collapse era. The division's main purpose is to ensure the simple process of collection of taxes and recollection concerning commerce and Domain property especially any XIV materiel.

c+143 – Chitagupta, now a water world, is invested to spare no expenses into creating a world for R&D away from the Hegemony public's eyes with the cover of bolstering the defense of Naraka's strategic value while serving as a rest and recuperation for Hegemony officials who can afford it. Yami is reinvested as a penal colony where the local polity is given political dissidents, tax evaders, and criminals to commit toward tedious prison labor.

c+173 – [REDACTED]. Contact with hostile entities. Casualties are severe. Membership must be replenished from Hegemony's auxiliary forces and impressment.
An important terraforming device that seeds and adjusts marine worlds with life habitability is recovered for Chitagupta to be become a suitable world to export food to the system populace. Marine life is imported from Jangala to do experimentation.

c+189 – The Second AI War breaks out exposing a weakness in Hegemony's forces from the aftermath of the Askonia Crisis. Tri-Tachyon instigates casus belli in terms of tech inspection negotiations.

c+193 – Iron Shell tasked to collect additional war taxes required from civilian administration, standardize the tax code and fleet-wide upgrades become important after a devastating Hegemony defeat in a battle. 

c+194 – Quy distinguishes herself and her Iron Shell in the Second AI War through [REDACTED]. She is granted membership in the Hegemony executive council.
[close]

Can I see the ship?

maybe theres some i forgot idk
[close]

Gameplay and Features
  • Unique ship systems!
  • XIV Content faction that suppresses the enemies of Hegemony.
  • Tons of XIV ships for Hegemony to access as well as XIV Fighters.
  • These fighters perform at a much lower engagement range and a higher replacement time than their usual counterpart.

Credits
My lovely wife: Selkie
Code: Techpriest, Nia Tahl, theDragn
Sprites: Selkie, Zen, Ryxsen1421, Mayu, Nia Tahl,
Music: hanawub
Sound: psiklaw
Influential Advisory Role: Histidine, MesoTroniK, Knight Chase, TheWikiFish, Dark.Reverant, Rubi, Avanitia
xXLiterallyxDidxNothingXx: SarHurtlee
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 03:29:02 PM by Techpriest »

Bhdeale

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [0.9.1a] Iron Shell 0
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 06:40:42 PM »

This sounds fun :)
Also a fun expansion of the timeline - it is good to know what/why a faction is fighting for
Hey I'm new, check out my mods and give me feedback :D
Red Legion
MoWeaponsMoShips

Viking8008

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 05:25:07 AM »

How is it going?

Justinx931

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 04:08:15 AM »

patiently waiting for this since the ships were being made and the logo in the discord, really hope it comes out, xiv fighters squadrons are my passion.

Techpriest

• Commander
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 10:26:28 AM »

patiently waiting for this since the ships were being made and the logo in the discord, really hope it comes out, xiv fighters squadrons are my passion.
Mine too.
How is it going?
Good.
This sounds fun :)
Also a fun expansion of the timeline - it is good to know what/why a faction is fighting for
Thanks.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Iron Shell 0.09z
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 11:05:19 AM »

I got in-game tool tips (dunno what mod that add that) that say if i read that, it's mean Iron Shell already released. It is true?
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Dazs

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2021, 08:27:14 AM »

I got in-game tool tips (dunno what mod that add that) that say if i read that, it's mean Iron Shell already released. It is true?

I get tooltips that if you have installed Iron shell then congratulations you are living in the future.

As to where the tips are coming from, I am sure it is one of Techpriest's other mods doing a viral marketing campaign. :)

SirHartley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2021, 03:15:26 PM »

nope, it's literally everyone else memeing on Techpriest for never releasing anything.

KnightShade

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2021, 05:46:08 PM »

In the beginning...
When the Battlegroup XIV first arrived in the Sector, the records will not tell you that they were met with immediate open arms. A few systems cooperated and a few systems resisted in deviance.

"...resisted in deviance." ???

Were they furries? ;D Lol.

No, but seriously, I think you accidentally hit the v key instead of the f, there.

Mosthra

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [0.95a] Iron Shell 0.09z
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2021, 03:58:39 PM »

Kim Quy Viet Nam  ;D

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2021, 07:11:05 PM »

hey for some reason the download link is just text for me

Deageon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2021, 12:13:01 AM »

hey for some reason the download link is just text for me
not ready yet

Mayu

• Ensign
  • Moon Child
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2021, 12:26:14 AM »

I really hope I am not getting meme'd on by this and there will be an actual release.

TANK6110

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2021, 02:46:25 AM »

hello, can you have a version for 0.9.1a
Pages: [1] 2