Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Iron Shell 0.09z  (Read 5575 times)

Techpriest

• Commander
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
[0.9.1a] Iron Shell 0.09z
« on: April 01, 2020, 05:46:46 PM »

Download Iron Shell 0.09z Psi

Download some of the below to unlock more of Iron Shell's potential
(Recommended Commissioned Crews 1.8+) - Iron Shell Commission grants a bonus.
(Ship/Weapon Pack 1.10.5+) - Unlocked to Iron Shell: Alastor (XIV), Brawler (H), Conquest (XIV), Gryphon (XIV), Hammerhead (XIV), Lasher (XIV), Sunder (XIV).
(Recommended Vayra's Ship Pack 1.1.4+)

(Suggested Tahlan Shipworks 0.3.15a+)
(Suggested Disassemble Reassemble 1.6.9+)

This faction appears to be a descendant of the original 14th Domain Battlegroup which founded the Hegemony. However, its radical structural modifications do not appear to be performed with Hegemony compilations...

c+89-95 – The First AI War engulfs the entire Persean Sector. Hegemony and her allies decisively wins and forces a Sector to be accepting of technological inspection by Hegemony. Much of the irreplaceable XIV Battlegroup material was destroyed. Joint Hegemony/Knights of Ludd fleet operations sweep autonomous AI remnants from the First AI War in fringe systems. A mercenary group inspired by the Hegemony's doctrine shines here.

c+96 – Hegemony Council approves of Operation Pax Hegemona (CODENAME: IRON SHELL) for the future prosperity of the Sector unified under Hegemony control. In areas of the Core World and its neighboring system, they bear on the identification of Hegemony Military and Intelligence enforcing Hegemony regulations as well as undermining the enemies of Hegemony. In areas outside of the Core World, they bear on the identification of "independent" fleets recovering for the salvaged remains of the First AI War and lost technology as well as neutralizing any future interests against Hegemony.

c+99 – Bas Pila, a man of expertise and leadership insisted on reverse-engineering part of the irrepairable XIV salvages into well-armored designs of LPC variants. Bas Pila creates 4 wing prototypes in dedication of the lost XIV glory. The prototypes prove to be extremely successful in the purge of autonomous forces.

c+104 – Multiple incidents of Luddic forces finding well-armed freelancers in possession of AI Technology. Hegemony found no such groups existed when investigations were made. Head of the Church suspects foul play.

c+106 – Poor Ludd's Faith (Mission) – The Hegemony and the Knights of Ludd begins an assault on one of the last AI Battlestation. Major casualties tax both forces. Especially more so on the Luddites who suspect the Hegemony were withholding their full contributions.

c+107 – Partnership between Hegemony and Knights of Ludd breaks down over several conflicts of interest. High Hegemon declares victory over the AI threat. Hegemony Military withdraws from the fringe system. Iron Shell is tasked the construction of warning beacons and listening posts among suspected AI activities. Iron Shell is also asked to monitor any foreign presence outside of the Sector.

c+161 – Hegemony Council prosecutes high ranking officials of Iron Shell for failing to prevent Onesimos Loke from threatening Hegemony space. Bas Pila is asked to resign on official records. Unofficially, there are new designs of LPCs developed at this time.

c+189 – Second AI War begins.

c+193 – Hegemony Council spurs emergency measures and massively funds fleet-wide upgrades along with the Operation. The Operation is finally able to test out 3 of its newest wing prototypes against Tri-Tachyon forces with varying success.

c+194 – The Treaty of Crom Cruach concludes the Second AI War and a new increased budget is granted to the operation's main purpose: Pax Hegemona.

c+206 – Hegemony Council approves a charter for a permanent outpost in the fringe systems after finding nearby ruins of unseen derelicts with modifications of XIV design many decades ago... (player-determinant)

Gameplay and Features
  • Exclusively fighter content faction that suppresses the enemies of Hegemony through questlines.
  • Hegemony gains access to the First Generation and Second Generation fighters. Third Generation fighters are exclusively of the Iron Shell faction.
  • Good armor strength and firepower, but usually slower and less maneuverable
  • Extreme low engagement range requires the ship carrying the fighters to be in range of the ship.
  • High Replacement Time makes these fighters undesirable to replace.

Credits
Sprites: JFCody, Zen, Selkie
Music: Sam Choi
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 08:17:14 PM by Techpriest »

Bhdeale

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [0.9.1a] Iron Shell 0
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 06:40:42 PM »

This sounds fun :)
Also a fun expansion of the timeline - it is good to know what/why a faction is fighting for
Hey I'm new, check out my mods and give me feedback :D
Red Legion
MoWeaponsMoShips

Viking8008

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 05:25:07 AM »

How is it going?

Justinx931

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 04:08:15 AM »

patiently waiting for this since the ships were being made and the logo in the discord, really hope it comes out, xiv fighters squadrons are my passion.

Techpriest

• Commander
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 10:26:28 AM »

patiently waiting for this since the ships were being made and the logo in the discord, really hope it comes out, xiv fighters squadrons are my passion.
Mine too.
How is it going?
Good.
This sounds fun :)
Also a fun expansion of the timeline - it is good to know what/why a faction is fighting for
Thanks.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • Formerly Chuck's
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Iron Shell 0.09z
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 11:05:19 AM »

I got in-game tool tips (dunno what mod that add that) that say if i read that, it's mean Iron Shell already released. It is true?
There is a reason why you don't send a depressed 14 year old into space.

Dazs

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2021, 08:27:14 AM »

I got in-game tool tips (dunno what mod that add that) that say if i read that, it's mean Iron Shell already released. It is true?

I get tooltips that if you have installed Iron shell then congratulations you are living in the future.

As to where the tips are coming from, I am sure it is one of Techpriest's other mods doing a viral marketing campaign. :)

SirHartley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2021, 03:15:26 PM »

nope, it's literally everyone else memeing on Techpriest for never releasing anything.