Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Just wanted to check in...  (Read 1869 times)

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
Just wanted to check in...
« on: March 31, 2020, 03:32:31 PM »

...and express my wishes that all of you are safe and sound, staying home and healthy if you possibly can.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
Re: Just wanted to check in...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 05:35:29 PM »

Bunkering up over here, and yea stay safe and stay smart folks.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 08:52:42 PM »

Yeah, likewise!

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 12:26:06 AM »

Day 16 of being inside non stop, I had bid farewell to my mental health since yesterday I downloaded OBS and went editing my twitch channel out of pure boredom. As you can see it's not looking good.

Bit off topic, I'm probably not gonna stream for realsies but does anyone know how do you get twitch chat to show up in Starsector on one monitor (yes I'm poor I know). Doesn't matter if I uncheck fullscreen at the start, the game is still over everything else. I even tried downloading some other software for it but so far I've only gotten it to work when running in 1600x900 which is a bit uncomfortable for me.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 12:30:21 AM by Grievous69 »
Please don't take me too seriously.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 12:54:16 AM »

Day 16 of being inside non stop, I had bid farewell to my mental health since yesterday I downloaded OBS and went editing my twitch channel out of pure boredom. As you can see it's not looking good.

Bit off topic, I'm probably not gonna stream for realsies but does anyone know how do you get twitch chat to show up in Starsector on one monitor (yes I'm poor I know). Doesn't matter if I uncheck fullscreen at the start, the game is still over everything else. I even tried downloading some other software for it but so far I've only gotten it to work when running in 1600x900 which is a bit uncomfortable for me.
Have you tried asking in the discord server? I'm pretty sure someone there, like Surge, could possibly help you out
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 10:43:46 AM »

People tried to help me there so I report back saying nothing worked, the only solution is to have a phone beside you and read chat from that lmao.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2020, 01:08:47 PM »

Any reason you can't play in windowed mode and have your popout chat bar be next to the game screen? It will be in the background and the game will be a bit smaller, which is annoying, but I used to do that.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2020, 01:15:03 PM »

To be fair I thought about that and tried it, but the game already has lots of little things to pay attention to, plus tons of text to read (my monitor is also smallish). Any other game I wouldn't care less, which coincidentally they do work just fine with my setup on 1080p resolution. It's fine tho, I've already accepted the fact that I'm cursed.

EDIT: While I was researching on how to work things out, every single person said it's impossible to have overlays over fullscreen games, but Fraps works fine, Discord overlay works fine, anything else I've tried worked like a charm. Now in 2020 when we have sentient AI sex robots it's suddenly impossible to show bits of text over a game. I swear this is all a scheme just so people buy more monitors. I'm not salty or anything, just fascinated how the technology just isn't there yet™.

EDIT 2: This quarantine is really getting to me, I'm just gonna read books and watch anime now, that's for the best of all human kind.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 01:24:01 PM by Grievous69 »

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 06:19:24 PM »

We're at day 12 of complete self-isolation here, lol.  It's a bit surreal; the weather's nice, people are outside, kids are playing, but... we're all staying apart.  It's like 28 Days Later, only The Infected are just... normal people, lol.

Thankfully, this appears to be working; the rate of infections has been slowing and the doctors / nurses / etc. I know are not panicked any more, thank goodness.  Wherever you are in the world, folks; even if your government doesn't take this thing seriously, please do!
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2020, 10:41:48 PM »

I'm just gonna read books and watch anime now

Doing this for more than a two weeks currently. If coronavirus won't kill me, my liver definitely will.

Do not make my mistakes, for the best of all human kind.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2020, 01:16:11 AM »

You know what's fun? All of this could've been easily prevented only if that part of people who don't care about anything and actually take diseases seriously just wore masks and took care what they touch. But no, the whole world had to go into quarantine, global economy will go goodnight girl, many people will lose their mind being locked inside, physical impact will also show, work will be left behind (I heard some schools in America were unprepared for the online thing that they just paused school for now lol), and so on. Hell I fear more about my mental health than Corona, I feel like depression is gonna become my partner once again. All of this and those same people who don't give two *** still go outside to ''hidden parties'' and casually stroll through town. Like the whole situation that depends on people not being dumb, would have the similar impact otherwise since the people who have 2 braincells already know how to behave in these situations. And the worst thing that happens to ignorant fools is some small fine, boohoo, welcome to the history books btw.

Feelsgoodman being stuck inside for 3-? months because China loves to eat exotic animals.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2020, 01:47:25 AM »

part of people who don't care about anything and actually take diseases seriously just wore masks and took care what they touch.

Welcome to the real world, Neo. ©

That is how human society works. You are suffering from someone's mistakes. Usually, you are able to evade negative consequences of your own actions, but other people can't, exactly like you unable to evade consequences from someone's else actions. Reverse-karma.

But it is not a reason to be a dumb-ass. Negative consequences from your actions frequently force other people make mistakes, you will suffer later.

Do you wish an example? Here is one from last weeks. Neighboring town was chosen by government to be a local coronavirus-threat center as largest dot on the map. That town says: "NO! WE DO NOT WANT YOU TO BRING INFECTED PEOPLE HERE! PUT THEM SOMEWHERE ELSE!" There was even angry crowd on a central square. Mistake. Do you know what government do? It's own mistake off-course, coronavirus center was relocated in smaller town and all the equipment and supplies to threat virus was directed where. Now, when first town starts to suffer from epidemic, they have not enough equipment to take care all off the patients. Infected are now transporting in that second town 73 km (45.4 miles) away. Someone would die during the transportation, cos' someone was a dumb-ass.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Max_z

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2020, 06:47:46 PM »

I'm staying home since late November due to unrelated things, when I needed to go outside -bam- here comes the lockdown. I was like WFT?
In my country other people got crazy from like day 7 ( ku fu fu )
Fines aren't enought there needs a tatoo sprayer that writes "Darwin Award Nominee" on some people foreheads  ;)