Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Nexerelin Diplomacy  (Read 7998 times)

ArthurDent81

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Nexerelin Diplomacy
« on: March 29, 2020, 04:37:49 AM »

I managed to found my own faction a few times, but somehow I do not know how to interact with the other factions. There is nothing I could do to do that on the factions tab. What am I missing?

furl

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Nexerelin Diplomacy
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 10:54:38 AM »

I managed to found my own faction a few times, but somehow I do not know how to interact with the other factions. There is nothing I could do to do that on the factions tab. What am I missing?

In Nexerelin, if you have high relations with a faction you can ask a planet administrator of that faction to form a new alliance.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: Nexerelin Diplomacy
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 05:07:58 PM »

There's currently no diplomacy in the 4X sense of talking to other faction leaders and making specific proposals (partly because most factions don't have leaders to talk to, but mostly because it's Work).

Diplomacy content falls into a few categories:
- random and semi-random events that happen periodically
- specific things that you can respond to (e.g. ceasefire offers by other factions)
- things you can control actively (the aforementioned alliances)

The vanilla methods of modifying reputation still work, and Nexerelin adds some (notably prisoners, aka "reputation coupons earned through combat"). Gifting planets and stations you conquer is also a significant component.