Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Where would i find all the items in a "pierceSet"  (Read 2373 times)

DarkStar076

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Where would i find all the items in a "pierceSet"
« on: March 25, 2012, 03:17:20 PM »

Greetings fellow Modders.
I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction to find the names of all the elements that can be placed in a "pierceSet"

In this case i am trying to make a Spinal Mount Ship Cannon. (A Massive Gun with a ship build around it)  - However i would like the energy beam on this weapon to Pierce through Everything

Using the Tachyon Lance as a starting point i have the current "pierceSet"
"pierceSet":[PROJECTILE_FF,PROJECTILE_NO_FF,PROJECTILE_FIGHTER,MISSILE_FF,MISSILE_NO_FF,FIGHTER],

In example, when the beam fires it will pass through Missiles, Projectiles and Fighters causing damage.  However if the beam comes into contact with Frigates or larger, the beam will impact causing damage.  Therefore I am hoping to add other elements of the pierceSet like "Frigates", "Destroyers" etc but so far the game rejects these extra elements i have placed in. (Mainly because it does not recognise them)

So if anyone knows where i can find the complete list (or add new elements) please let me know.

Thanks in Advance
Darkstar
Wisdom is something you generally obtain around three seconds after you needed it the most

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Where would i find all the items in a "pierceSet"
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 04:14:54 AM »

1. Its hardcoded (meaning no access is available at this moment).
2. Give it more power and you`ll 'cut' through frigates and destroyers with ease :)

DarkStar076

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 05:06:06 AM »

Thankyou Okim :)

I see what you mean, if i increase the destructive force, the beam will work its way through the targets that are along the beams path.

might increase the amount of flux and lenght between shots to keep it *ahem* Balanced  :P
Wisdom is something you generally obtain around three seconds after you needed it the most

Bartcheeks

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 05:39:45 AM »

Spinal Mount Ship Cannon just reminds me of Mass Effect so much xD