Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Game Won't Stop Crashing :/  (Read 1159 times)

Urufii

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Game Won't Stop Crashing :/
« on: March 19, 2020, 09:03:38 AM »

Hi, so I've been playing Starsector for about 3 months. About a month ago I decided to start playing with mods and have had zero issues with the game. However, last night I was just casually going to destroy a pirate base that was harassing my colonies until I got an error: Fatal Null. I've read through different forums with the same issue as I, but nothing has yet to work. I've tried restarting my computer, changing to every resolution that the app allows me, shutting down every app on my computer (just discord running in the background), playing without sound, and changing the allowed memory usage.

My computer is a 64-bit system and I run the game on 2gb (Xms2048). I did, however, attempt to record the error in progress which seems to be crashing on a sheer amount of intel spam (sometimes it's normal, and sometimes lower relations SFX). I then played around a bit, trying to prevent intel like just simply diving into hyperspace or hyperwarping away from the system, as well as breaking the comm relay.

I also tested out wheater this was affecting the whole game or just that save, so I decided to start up a new game and played for an hour... No crash. Is that playthrough done for or can it be fixed?

Mods:
- $$$ Lightshow
- AI Core Production
- Another Portrait Pack
- Autosave
- Better Colonies
- Boardable Unboardables
- Combat Chatter
- Commission Crews
- Common Radar
- Flags For Founders
- Fleet Tester
- Fuel Siphoning
- Hyperdrive
- Industrial.Evolution
- Interesting Portraits Pack
- LazyLib
- Logistics Notifications
- MagicLib
- Nexerelin
- Planetary Shield: Access Control
- Player Faction Flag Pack
- Ruthless Sector
- Shadowy Broker
- Speedup
- Unknown Skies
- Upgraded Rotary Weapons
- Version Checker
- ZZ Audio Plus
- ZZ GraphicsLib

Recurring Errors:

https://pastebin.com/Ri7dtvuV
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 01:10:14 PM by Urufii »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Game Won't Stop Crashing :/
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 09:35:43 AM »

Hi - this does look like a crash related to comms messages. It's hard to say exactly what the error is, though - possibly it's referring to an invalid font? Not 100% sure, though. The stack trace also, unfortunately, doesn't make it clear which mod this message is coming from.

Urufii

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 09:52:42 AM »

I looked above the errors and it appears to be the Nexerelin mod causing all the messages.

https://pastebin.com/KrFBidby

Since I can't disable it on this save what should I do?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 01:11:50 PM by Urufii »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 10:17:28 AM »

I don't think it's necessarily Nex - it's logging a lot of stuff, but it doesn't mean that it's responsible for the UI message that crashes the game.

I'm not sure what to suggest - maybe someone with more experience with specific mods might be able to see if anything in your modlist looks dodgy.

Naulusa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 11:23:18 AM »

Having the same problem as you actually, though i don't have as many mods, i cant begin to imagine whats causing the problem.

https://pastebin.com/gE62mxCy

Mods : Interesting Portraits Pack 1.2
           LazyLib 2.4f
          Nexerelin 0.9.6b
           SpeedUp 0.6.0
          Unknown Skies 0.42

Urufii

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2020, 12:59:35 PM »

I believe I figured out a solution. So, I started up a new game and went through it until it happened again. It only happens when I was apart of an alliance so I used console command to disform the alliance and commission with one of the factions in it. Maybe it has something to do with a diplomatic event of some sort?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2020, 01:33:51 PM »

Ah - I believe this is actually resolved by the most recent version of Nexerelin!

morriganj

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2020, 11:55:33 PM »

I wonder if I am having the same issue. Mine is over an hour into the game after diplomacy has started to work. Nexerelin is 0.9.6c in my mods folder. Right now I can't really get further into the game.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2020, 01:31:45 AM »

I wonder if I am having the same issue. Mine is over an hour into the game after diplomacy has started to work. Nexerelin is 0.9.6c in my mods folder. Right now I can't really get further into the game.
Is it the same error? Post the log message.