Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: ability to rename systems the same as planets  (Read 2103 times)

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
ability to rename systems the same as planets
« on: March 13, 2020, 10:13:56 AM »

Please let us rename systems the same way we can rename planets. Honestly, there is no reason not to, even if I don't own the system I should be able to call a hego system "Poopville" or something more fitting rp, either way. Mostly I would want to rename my own systems though.

From an RP perspective factions should be able to call any planet or system whatever they want regardless of ownership, just kinda like how we do now with countries and since it's a single player game there is no loss at all.

pedro1_1

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: ability to rename systems the same as planets
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 03:14:50 PM »

Please let us rename systems the same way we can rename planets. Honestly, there is no reason not to, even if I don't own the system I should be able to call a hego system "Poopville" or something more fitting rp, either way. Mostly I would want to rename my own systems though.

From an RP perspective factions should be able to call any planet or system whatever they want regardless of ownership, just kinda like how we do now with countries and since it's a single player game there is no loss at all.

There is a problem to doing this, it's called ID, the game uses the system name as the system ID insted of a designated number like It does for the planets, so for it to be possible in the game, Alex would need to either update or remake the terrain generator...