Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Mobile Star Fortress v0.2.8 - Let them Fight!  (Read 13705 times)

Alluvian

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Mobile Star Fortress v0.2.6 - Let them Fight!
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2020, 05:12:32 AM »

Was working on something... not really related, but thought of something: the Shared Flux Sink hullmod on the station body assumes there's only one station deployed in battle, and will adjust flux dissipation rates oddly if there are multiple. So you probably want to either remove it or provide a modified version, if you aren't already!

Interesting. I've taken a look at SharedFluxSink.class and it seems the entire functionality is wrapped within 'advanceInCombat', which works on one ship at a time. However, the use of only a single SINK_DATA_KEY does seem to present a problem.

A modded version would require a key that is unique for a specific ship & its submodules. I wonder if this is why Dark.Revenant chose to do flux for their Cathedral in SWP without sharing.

As my intent is to try and make the mobile stations a bit more diverse than the static ones, I will need to determine what solution path to take. Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2020, 08:35:59 AM »

Hmm - something like:

String key = SINK_DATA_KEY + "_" + ship.getId();

And then using key instead of SINK_DATA_KEY in the rest of the method should do the job. I've changed it to this on my end, but for the moment you'd need to override the hullmod with your own implementation to get this effect.

Karamitsuko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2020, 11:37:50 PM »

Very interesting mod! Going to give it a shot!

Might we in the future see custom-made stations specifically from this mod?

Alluvian

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2020, 05:40:43 PM »

Might we in the future see custom-made stations specifically from this mod?

That is the plan. Current (short-term) I am learning how to put together class files (from the *.java) so I can setup custom hull mods, ship systems and so forth. After I have that figured out, I'll be taking a look at the ship editing tools.

Prior to pure custom (net new) content, expect to see variants of the Midline and High Tech stations. Oh, and other terrible abominations of course.

NinjaSiren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2020, 11:05:30 AM »

big, scary, ships, I tried to fight against one with Luddic Church's capital ship. What a blast!  ;D

Stelarwand030

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2020, 06:26:30 PM »

@Alluvian
First I have to say I love your mod. Being able to fly around in a huge station is just hilarious. And also super overpowered. Please don't nerf.

But there are a couple of things I noticed that need minor editing.
I mostly used Moardakka so I will be talking about that mostly.
Its speed is fine for the most part but it could go a little faster considering it doesn't have a speed boost. Or some way to get out of a tight spot. I died several time before fixing that myself. (mostly one station fighting a massive enemy force and I got surrounded.) I increased it's max speed to 20 and the others I doubled.

The weapon platforms and the main body need a lot more ordnance points. More the body then the weapon platforms. For the body having all hull mods comes out to about 805 but a good number might be around 500 or so. The weapons platform needs another 100 points allowing a full complement of weapons and few hull mods without going overboard but another 50 would work too.

As for hull mods the only problem I ran into is when installing a makeshift shield onto the main body. The shields radius was less then the radius of the main body. I had to increase it to 600 so that it would be outside the outer weapon platforms.

I did also check out the Hanger Queen and it had similar issues but the main one is that it needs a lot more fighters. The stations whole thing is lots of fighters but PELAGORNIS from Missing Ships Mod has 20 fighters compared to the Hanger Queen's 12. Having 6 fighters per hanger platform instead of 2 would be nice.

Other then those minor issues I love your mod keep up the good work.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 10:55:31 PM by Stelarwand030 »

ValentineKovalev

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2021, 07:56:31 AM »

Update for 0.95 please!

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2021, 08:12:12 AM »

do you have plans to update to .95?
if so, will you be adding mod stations?

Alluvian

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Mobile Star Fortress v0.2.7 - Let them Fight!
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2021, 04:56:23 AM »

Mod updated to Starsector version 0.95.1a-RC5. Some modest balance changes to supply/fuel use to make the stations less crippling to deploy.

Alluvian

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2021, 04:57:19 AM »

do you have plans to update to .95?
if so, will you be adding mod stations?

Time permitting, yes. Currently working full time and a graduate student. I don't have as much time for modding as I would like.

Alluvian

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Mobile Star Fortress v0.2.8 - Let them Fight!
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2021, 05:44:27 AM »

Update to version 0.2.8
REDACTED
Adds a mobile version of the Remnant station. Remnant fleets may spawn with a mobile station, if they are large enough to get a capital-class vessel. Rare BP added to build the mobile Remnant station.
[close]
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 05:46:16 AM by Alluvian »

pepemattos21

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Mobile Star Fortress v0.2.8 - Let them Fight!
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2023, 03:59:31 PM »

Just had a glitch that had a pirate fleet with a station in it, and that got me thinking, and here we are

wolbing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2023, 01:28:23 AM »

Tested. This mod works in 0.96, just change the mod version in the mod setting file and you should be good to go

kokuto

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2023, 09:47:49 AM »

What a hilarious mod, didn't even know it existed.
Pages: 1 [2]