Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Add phase capital... as limited loot.  (Read 775 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Add phase capital... as limited loot.
« on: April 27, 2020, 07:24:34 AM »

We read that phase ships are meant to be equivalent in power to the next size up for conventional warships.  That sounds like it would be overpowered ship for a player to buy or build.  But what it was limited like the Legion14, or simply a unique like the planetary shield, maybe one piloted by a special boss enemy, and you need to kill him to get your one and only ship?  (And pay through the nose to restore, then story points to add your permamods.) That could be a nice, special reward.

I have no idea at the moment how a mildly unfair phase capital would work.  (I could think of something if I tried, but I will not for now.)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 07:26:37 AM by Megas »

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Add phase capital... as limited loot.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 03:45:11 PM »

I've always thought there should be special 'capital +' ships for each faction that are not recoverable to function as bosses in the late game. This could work as a TT boss ship. Maybe have it tied into stories/quests. I also wouldn't mind if there was an option to get this sort of thing as a unique reward for some very difficult quest (again it would make sense for it to be story related).