Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: [0.97a-RC7] Hyperion Systems 0.9.3-HF5.2 - Bump to 0.97a-RC7  (Read 33712 times)

captinjoehenry

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hyperion Systems 0.8.3-b1 - Bug fix, new ship, and new weapons
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2021, 03:44:11 PM »

Lots of fun things in this mod!  But is there anyway, like a setting or something, that I can have these ships not replace the Hedgemonys ships?  As in my current play through I have not seen a *single* normal hedgemony fleet.  Instead it's nothing but the ships from this mod.  Which while it's a fun challenge does get old after not that long.  And I end up missing the normal low tech bricks that the hedgemony usually uses :P

Ah, I am actually tweaking this one as well. I am balancing the amount of Hyperion Systems ships roaming around the sector to balance out the fights.

This will appear in the next patches.

That's great to hear!  Also a bit of feed back for the current ships.  They tend to be really quite powerful stat and equipment wise.  Sort of makes me feel like they'd be an excellent mini boss faction like the Legio Infernus or the IXth division.  Just a strong faction that controls one system.  And the logistic phase ships are awesome :D

Ah thank you for your feedback! Yes I planned my ships to be as an old high-tech, with some level of *REDACTED* strength and capabilities.

I was also planning a side story with the Hyperion Systems and Confederacy.

And yes, I wanted a more capable, combat-ready logistics capital ships. So you can use those as your main or supportive ships in combat as well.
That's really cool!  Just is a bit painful when all of the hedgemony is super stronk phase fleets XD Also I did notice a bit of a bigger issue.  Most of the phase ships from this mod do not have the phase field hullmod.  Which is a pretty big deal.  As that hullmod is why phase ships are stealthy and every single other phase ship I know of modded and otherwise has that hullmod built in.

NinjaSiren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2021, 03:59:12 PM »

Ah thank you for that, I will check if its good for the overall balancing of the ship capabilities and OPness. I might end up making a version of that same hullmod but with a slight reduced stealth or use the base hullmod if its ok already.

captinjoehenry

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2021, 04:03:05 PM »

You probably want to use the base hullmod for the phase ships as I think that hullmod is used in every single other phase ship out there in the game and the modding scene.  Some ships add other fancy phase things but I think every single phase ship has the base game phase hullmod.

And I think there’s some captain skills that specifically work with just that hullmod
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 04:06:25 PM by captinjoehenry »

NinjaSiren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2021, 04:07:25 PM »

You probably want to use the base hullmod for the phase ships as I think that hullmod is used in every single other phase ship out there in the game and the modding scene.  Some ships add other fancy phase things but I think every single phase ship has the base game phase hullmod.

And I think there’s some captain skills that specifically work with just that hullmod
Ah yep will check that later, As I am planning to sleep now. been awake the whole very early morning on my location. its 7 AM already on my location.

Will keep you posted here on the forums when that update comes.  ;)

NinjaSiren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hyperion Systems 0.8.3-b4 - Bug fix, new ship, and new weapons
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2021, 03:58:44 AM »

v0.8.3-b4

Balancing Update - Reduction of Hyperion Ships spawning

Changelogs:
  • MODIFIED: Minor update concerning too much Hyperion Systems ships spawning in-game.
  • MODIFIED: Renaming of the following ships for mod compatibility of other mods. (Bellatrix -> Becrux, Betelgeuse -> Scuti, Icarus -> Izar, Lynx -> Mintaka)
  • MODIFIED: Added Phase Hull mods for stealthy ships

Downloads:
Github
Nexus Mods
Dropbox
Google Drive
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 05:21:07 AM by NinjaSiren »

NinjaSiren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hyperion Systems 0.8.3-b4 - Balancing patch + stealth phase ships
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2021, 12:01:11 PM »

v0.8.3-b4 *MINOR BUG HOTFIX*

Minor bug that causes CTD *FIXED*

Changelogs:
  • FIXED: Fixed bug caused by the wrong hullSize of the Cassiopeia (P) ship from "FIGHTER" to "FRIGATE" (thanks to Terilia)

Downloads:
Github
Nexus Mods
Dropbox
Google Drive
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 08:03:43 AM by NinjaSiren »

dEVoRaTriX_LuX

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2021, 02:26:49 AM »

Dope mod but your ships are dominating the Independent Military Markets. How do I lower the spawn rate?

NinjaSiren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2021, 03:01:40 PM »

Dope mod but your ships are dominating the Independent Military Markets. How do I lower the spawn rate?

I'll just reduce the spawn rate for other markets in the next update.

Axisoflint

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2021, 03:39:38 AM »

So I've been getting crashes during sector generation on new games for some time and couldn't figure out what mod it was related to - after some help from Histidine and a script he wrote, it seems to be linked to Hyperion. After removing it, I can generate sectors with no crashes (ran half a dozen to check, no issues).

The relevant lines from Histidine's script are :

457047 [Thread-3] ERROR org.histidine.testmod.plugins.TestModPlugin  - Entity Hyperion Systems Persean Sector Research Station in location Klat Star System has invalid location
457047 [Thread-3] ERROR org.histidine.testmod.plugins.TestModPlugin  - Entity Hyperion Systems Persean Sector Research Station in location Klat Star System has invalid facing

I'm not sure if that helps at all! Sorry =(

NinjaSiren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2021, 03:46:17 AM »

what other mods you are using? weird that this happened, especially those abandoned research stations are important and very useful in game.

NinjaSiren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2021, 03:47:48 AM »

So I've been getting crashes during sector generation on new games for some time and couldn't figure out what mod it was related to - after some help from Histidine and a script he wrote, it seems to be linked to Hyperion. After removing it, I can generate sectors with no crashes (ran half a dozen to check, no issues).

457047 [Thread-3] ERROR org.histidine.testmod.plugins.TestModPlugin  - Entity Hyperion Systems Persean Sector Research Station in location Klat Star System has invalid location
457047 [Thread-3] ERROR org.histidine.testmod.plugins.TestModPlugin  - Entity Hyperion Systems Persean Sector Research Station in location Klat Star System has invalid facing

what other mods you are using? weird that this happened, especially those abandoned research stations are important and very useful in game.

Axisoflint

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2021, 04:13:37 AM »

Uh... About 122 other mods? >.> Would you like a list?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2021, 04:39:11 AM »

Check if there's any way the research station might be assigned an invalid orbit (causing it to have NaN values for location and facing).

(The last time I encountered an issue like this was from Industrial.Evolution's Interstellar Relay when built in a nebula)

NinjaSiren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2021, 04:59:35 AM »

Check if there's any way the research station might be assigned an invalid orbit (causing it to have NaN values for location and facing).

(The last time I encountered an issue like this was from Industrial.Evolution's Interstellar Relay when built in a nebula)

I'll try to check it, the way I added the orbits, it depends on the star type, star size, and if it has multiple stars. It works on a randomizer algorithm I made. It also sets the planet's conditions, factions, markets, stations, etc.

The problem is the orbits are not fixed in code, but randomized every new game, will do a limiter for maximum orbits.

NinjaSiren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2021, 05:00:48 AM »

also what mod is this, so I can check it as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9