Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Questions about colonies and factions  (Read 852 times)

Timtumm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Questions about colonies and factions
« on: February 26, 2020, 07:25:38 PM »

The thing that bothers me is how my colonies get raided and attacked, and I also get the blame for failed attacks.  So, what if I made them pay?

1) If I am friendly with the pirate faction, will they still raid my colonies?
2) Is there a mod or setting where friendly factions will leave you alone?
3) If I killed all the standard factions, can I be at peace with the "independent" faction?
4) Is it possible to kill all Luddite Path, or will they respawn indefinitely like pirates, and raid me?
5) Is there a mod or setting that puts a cap on the pirates?
6) Is it possible to kill all pirates?

7) Spoiler: What is there to do after I find the red planet? I have been there, but did not see the follow-up.

pedro1_1

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about colonies and factions
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 07:35:26 PM »

The thing that bothers me is how my colonies get raided and attacked, and I also get the blame for failed attacks.  So, what if I made them pay?

1) If I am friendly with the pirate faction, will they still raid my colonies?

If I'm not wrong they only give the Pirate Activity modifier, but don't raid your colonies

2) Is there a mod or setting where friendly factions will leave you alone?

pass

3) If I killed all the standard factions, can I be at peace with the "independent" faction?

you will need to grind reputation again but I think thats aboult it

4) Is it possible to kill all Luddite Path, or will they respawn indefinitely like pirates, and raid me?
5) Is there a mod or setting that puts a cap on the pirates?
6) Is it possible to kill all pirates?

Luddic Path and Pirates will always respawn, and it is a know issue that they respawn too fast, Luddic Path is also buged, so any colony with enought stability would not get any Path events outside of "Local Forces have maneged to avert the situation", and no there is not a mod that caps the pirates.

7) Spoiler: What is there to do after I find the red planet? I have been there, but did not see the follow-up.

You are suposed to get to the spacer, then pilot, then the planet and after you defeat the guarding forces you will get the planetary shield building, which turns your whole planet red, and that's it

Timtumm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 07:50:51 PM »

Thanks.  On more question:

8) How do colonies help each other? If one has volatiles, can I make fuel in the next planet in the same system? Is there a penalty?  What if I make fuel in the next star-system?

pedro1_1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 08:12:02 PM »

Thanks.  On more question:

8) How do colonies help each other? If one has volatiles, can I make fuel in the next planet in the same system? Is there a penalty?  What if I make fuel in the next star-system?

basicaly a colony will send stuff other colony needs and for example a colony producing 6 organics can feed as many colonys that need 5 Organics no matter the distance, the only thing that can change is that a randon fleet can get in the way of the transport fleet and then destroy it which then disrupts the shipments and your colony will then run on higher cost for the time the shipments from that place are being disturbed, if there are more places were the shipment can come from like from the east the shipment is being disrupted, but from the west in the direction of the core worlds it is not, if all shipment of that tipe gets disrupted then it will enter a shortage, which means the planet will be out of stuff to use

Timtumm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 05:02:08 PM »

Thank you very much.
Looking forward to my pirate run.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 11:09:08 PM »

1: They won't raid, but you will still get pirate activity modifier.
2: With Nexerelin, factions won't attack you, if you have positive reputation with them, but it also adds invasions, satbombings and random reputation drifts. If you're bored with normal gameplay, I would recommend it, but if you're doing fine, then you just have to endure expeditions. Free money comes with risks.
3: Independents never send expeditions.
4 & 6: Pirates and Pathers respawn indefinitely. Vayra's Sector mod changes that, but it also changes many other things and I'm not sure you can configure it just to change that one thing.
5: No.
7: There's no story in the game. There are only two quests in the game and they are very simplistic.
8: In-faction supply decreases upkeep, up to 50% upkeep reduction at 100% in-faction supply for all commodities.