Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alex, how hard would it be to release a minor-ish update?  (Read 1172 times)

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Alex, how hard would it be to release a minor-ish update?
« on: February 19, 2020, 11:11:04 PM »

Not asking for the skill / raiding / any big new overhauls/mechanics, just bugfixes and tweaks like Strike being removed from plasma cannon, Pather Stability bug fix, hyperaggressive last stands and like.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 11:12:57 PM by SonnaBanana »
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Alex, how hard would it be to release a minor-ish update?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 01:25:00 AM »

Well I'm obviously not Alex but this question came up a few times and his response was something along these lines. Trying to push out a separate version for minor bugfixes along with the build he's working on would be a hassle. It's just not worth the trouble putting a download link for something most people won't even notice. I think only exceptions are game-breaking bugs or something really really bad, but thankfully that gets resolved quite quickly.
Please don't take me too seriously.

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Alex, how hard would it be to release a minor-ish update?
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 07:06:11 AM »

Also since he's still coding the core game or rewriting old sections, it would just slow down since not only he would need to fix any issues with every little addition to the core code, it also needs to run perfectly. Once all the core pieces are in and its only missing content, you could expect much faster patches.