Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 156

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1258902 times)

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Industrial.Evolution 3.1.f - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #1605 on: November 21, 2022, 11:15:32 AM »

Would there be an option to add a letter hotkey to indevo options?

BladedQueen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: November 22, 2022, 11:26:12 AM »

When you have the time, I would add a section on the mod page for artillery. It's an interesting feature but one I wish weren't so prevalent in the sector. Felt like half of the systems I visited were liable to light my fleet up on sight, while also blocking surveying/colonization of habitable planets.

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: November 22, 2022, 03:24:19 PM »

Meanwhile, with 3.1f, I'm still seeing a lot of comparatively non-aggressive behavior from the platforms despite them lighting other folks up and me being pointedly hostile to the owners. This happens with both DSS platforms and even "owned" platforms like the one around Sindria.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: November 22, 2022, 03:28:29 PM »

am aware, they are bugged atm and don't reliably target you

will be fixed, am picking up work on this again
also reducing spawn rate there are too many

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: November 24, 2022, 10:36:45 PM »

I wanted to ask but how does the rift generator work exactly?  It looks like it creates a portal to a new system and brings the planet with it, but I'm hesitant to relocate it away from the core of my worlds since I don't know if the portal remains in it's original position or not as while I would like a fast travel from one end of the galaxy to the other I don't wanna risk sending my planet into the unknown.

Side note:  Friendly watch towers have the same text as hostile ones.

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: November 26, 2022, 03:54:50 AM »

Perhaps I have missed a dialog text somehere, but I think the player should be informed on the Galatia Research page that the Omega weapons filed in there will be ruined and replaced with lesser ones.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: November 27, 2022, 04:26:22 AM »

I wanted to ask but how does the rift generator work exactly?  It looks like it creates a portal to a new system and brings the planet with it, but I'm hesitant to relocate it away from the core of my worlds since I don't know if the portal remains in it's original position or not as while I would like a fast travel from one end of the galaxy to the other I don't wanna risk sending my planet into the unknown.

Your planet is moved into a random system in your chosen direction within a covered range. So you kinda can predict where your planet will be somewhat depending from relative system placement - just check the distance between neigbouring systems and yours to see what systems are potentially eligible. While at the original location there will be torn open a new jump point.

SlavenOlupina

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: November 27, 2022, 04:31:09 AM »

Hey there,

First of all, magnificent mod, im having a blast.

Wanted to point out a minor compatibility bug, not sure if thats something you usually work on but ill leave it here anyway.

Centralization Bureau doesn't seem to work when built on space stations (Astropolis in this case) made by the player (using "Terraforming and Station Construction" mod). It says there are no duplicate industries in the system.

Using latest versions of both mods (IE v3.1.f and TaSC v8.1.6).

Cheers and thanks for a great mod,
Slaven

« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 09:35:36 AM by SlavenOlupina »

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: November 27, 2022, 03:04:48 PM »

Perhaps I have missed a dialog text somehere, but I think the player should be informed on the Galatia Research page that the Omega weapons filed in there will be ruined and replaced with lesser ones.

The UI is a bit confusing with the prompt being the "cargo" button - but IMO replicated variants outperform most of their base counterparts.

The consumables are the least valuable trade to me.

Artificer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: November 27, 2022, 04:18:44 PM »

Hey, awesome mod!  I saw a Luddic Church colony that had a rift generator just waiting to be refurbished.  So I attacked and took it.  After refurbishing it, I used it to transport the planet to a system I already had colonies in, which totally worked.  Unfortunately it had a weird side effect.  The planet immediately returned to Luddic Church control.  No intel notification of a rebellion or something winning it back, just a notice in intel that it was now under Luddic Church Control.  Couldn't find any reason it would switch like that.  I couldn't let Luddites run amok with tech like that, so I just conquered it again.  So it wasn't really a big deal, but I thought I should report it.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: November 28, 2022, 07:44:25 AM »

that is incredibly weird
I'll take a look when the mod works again (am in the middle of restructuring)

thank you for the report!

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: November 28, 2022, 09:36:17 AM »

Your planet is moved into a random system in your chosen direction within a covered range. So you kinda can predict where your planet will be somewhat depending from relative system placement - just check the distance between neigbouring systems and yours to see what systems are potentially eligible. While at the original location there will be torn open a new jump point.
Alright, so if I wanted to, I could (given time and luck) effectively create a way to fast travel from one side of the core to the other, skipping the high fuel costs?

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: November 28, 2022, 09:46:05 AM »

you can, given time and dedication, make a rift-road that lets you traverse the entire sector without going into hyperspace once, yes.

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: November 28, 2022, 10:07:18 AM »

(you can also use gates)

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: November 28, 2022, 12:14:28 PM »

which is kind of besides the point since his question was mod specific.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 156