Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 156

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1258605 times)

TheProtagonists

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Industrial.Evolution 3.1.d - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #1545 on: October 21, 2022, 07:21:07 AM »

Wanted to report an interesting edge case with artillery station defense fleets. If the enemy has a ship with phase anchor, it could soft lock the capture of the artillery station as the ship will continue to escape the battle after the station is destroyed and there is nothing left. The only way to counter this is to have a ship with phase anchor of your own, and force it to suicide and activate its phase anchor to prevent the enemy ship from escaping.

postdreamclarity

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: October 21, 2022, 08:02:33 PM »

There is bug where the game crashes (error: null) after the player engages a bounty fleet in the vicinity of an artillery station since that bounty fleet 'overwrites' the fleet that is originally defending the station.

So you get:
Bounty Fleet + Station

Instead of
Bounty Fleet + Station Defence fleet + Station

Game crashes after looting not during or the initial engagement

Hyperion505

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: October 21, 2022, 10:15:58 PM »

I take it the artillery platforms are not supposed to fire at you after you bring them back online at your colony.

But whenever I build one, I get shot at the moment I move away from my planet.

Killian

• Commander
  • I got 99 problems but a core breach ain't one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: October 23, 2022, 05:38:13 PM »

You may not have seized control of all the Watchtower stations - once they're free of the AI-protection, the towers can be snagged by anyone and everyone, and they have a pretty good view range. AFAIK the station can't IFF on its own, it just takes targeting data from the towers, so if the pirates sniped one of your towers and it's feeding data to the tower that says you're hostile...

Yeah.

Speaking of which, man, the artillery stations are cool, and really well-implemented. Enough so that I thought they were a new vanilla feature I'd missed. I'm kinda surprised there isn't a giant eff-off laser option given the ranges involved and the fact that lasers travel at the speed of light, but the sheer idea also fills me with no small amount of dread because they'd probably be the most dangerous of all unless you could maintain a good parallax velocity relative to the station. As it is, I find there's an interesting balance to the existing trio of them;

- Mortars are kind of anemic on the starmap, but utterly terrifying in close combat. Their charges just annihilate any kind of fighter cover whatsoever, and are an extremely hard counter to carrier groups unless you can shoot the shells down before they detonate. Which isn't easy.
- Railguns are of moderate concern. Their burst volleys are kinda easy to avoid, and they seem a little anemic in close combat.
- Missile stations are scary on the starmap and reasonably dangerous in close combat. Those missiles are persistent as all hell, and getting interdict-pulsed is rough if you're deep in enemy territory. Great way to get caught between Ordos. The brief overload pulse they do in close combat is nasty too, but the platform itself can be overwhelmed by fighters to the point where missiles detonate just after leaving the rack, so they're not as dangerous as Mortars (in my experience, of course).

I can only imagine a laser platform would have to be approached in a spiral pattern and then unleash enough firepower to casually melt anything smaller than a cruiser in close combat.

harukajunko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: October 25, 2022, 02:53:27 AM »

Hey Think I ran into a Crash from this mod, not sure if it's 100% this one but the log brings up IND.EVO so I figured this would be a good spot to ask.
Spoiler
178525 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.ambassadorPlugins.IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager.g etOriginalMarket(IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager.java:362)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.ambassadorRules.IndEvo_ambassadorRem oval.removeAmbassadorWithPenalty(IndEvo_ambassadorRemoval.java:33)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.IndEvo_embassy.notifyBeingRemoved(IndEvo_embassy.java:319)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market.removeIndustry(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.deciv.DecivTracker.decivilize(DecivTracker.java:228)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.deciv.DecivTracker.decivilize(DecivTracker.java:186)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.deciv.DecivTracker.checkDeciv(DecivTracker.java:181)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.deciv.DecivTracker.checkDeciv(DecivTracker.java:126)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.deciv.DecivTracker.advance(DecivTracker.java:77)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

apologies if  this was not the right place to post it, new to these fourms

harukajunko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: October 25, 2022, 04:55:31 AM »

ok I think I found what happened. a Rebellion de civilized one of my colonies with an embassy and ambassador and that lead to the null pointer.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: October 25, 2022, 07:07:45 AM »

What version of the mod is enabled in your game?

harukajunko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: October 25, 2022, 08:11:20 PM »

3.1.c is what I have.

SlightEye

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: October 26, 2022, 10:55:15 PM »

I noticed that faction fleets can take over artillery watch towers with a hostile artillery station still in system. FE I sent a fleet to colonize an other planet in the system and let it grow for a while. When I visited later most watch towers had been taken by my faction. Saw the last ones get taken over by patrol fleets.

Hyperion505

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: October 27, 2022, 04:02:36 PM »

You may not have seized control of all the Watchtower stations - once they're free of the AI-protection, the towers can be snagged by anyone and everyone, and they have a pretty good view range. AFAIK the station can't IFF on its own, it just takes targeting data from the towers, so if the pirates sniped one of your towers and it's feeding data to the tower that says you're hostile...

Yeah.

Yeah I double checked and even when I made sure I have all watch towers under my command (and the artillery rebuilt under my own colony), once I move after being stationary for a bit the artillery immediately targets me and just continuously targets and fires upon me.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: October 27, 2022, 04:16:50 PM »

you should probably disable dev mode...

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Industrial.Evolution 3.1.e - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #1556 on: October 28, 2022, 09:48:45 AM »

SAVE COMPATIBLE
3.1 is sometimes save compatible with 3.0.

Requires MagicLib
Requires LazyLib

There are currently no known compatibility issues with other mods.
Yes, this means it is compatible with Nexerelin and Terraforming and Station Construction.

Integrated with Version Checker
Pairs well with Grand.Colonies
as well as Substance.Abuse

Added settings, visual improvements to the artillery shots, added sound (courtesy of Harmful Mechanic, thank you!), and a new superstructure like the hypershunt - but this one is just infinitely better.

Change Log
3.1.d
  • General
  • Adjusted - Made most visual effects not interactable
  • Items
  • Added - Settings for relic component combat drop rates (min FP, destroyed fraction)
  • Exploration
  • Added - A new superstructure to restore, giving access to MORE GACHA MECHANICS LETS *** GO
  • Weapons
  • Added - Side bar indicator for combat slow field effect
  • Artillery
  • Added - Star System Tag "IndEvo_SystemHasArtillery" to denote any system with an artillery
  • Added - Star System Memory Key (boolean) "$IndEvo_SystemDisableWatchtowers" which disables watchtowers and location reporting by fleets
  • Added - A shitload of settings to make your bones harder (or weaker)
  • Added - Sounds for combat weapons (Courtesy of Harmful Mechanic)
  • Added - Sounds for campaign weapons (Courtesy of Harmful Mechanic)
  • Adjusted - Visual adjustments for mortar explosions
  • Adjusted - Railgun damage 2500 -> 3500
  • Minefields
  • Added - Settings
  • Embassy
  • Fixed - Crash when NPC colony decivilizes in a non-standard way (Embassy moved up on rework priority once again)
[close]
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 04:42:25 AM by SirHartley »

Challanger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: October 28, 2022, 01:14:53 PM »

SirHartley, hi and thanks for the mod. Was eager to move from vanilla preserving mods to something new, but.. Duzahk system always trash generated. Wish I mods could preserve vanilla seeds Duzahk layout.
 Mods:
 - Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.1.6)
 - Industrial.Evolution 3.1.e

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: October 28, 2022, 01:18:18 PM »

Hi, I have no idea what you are talking about! If it's about using seeds to generate the same sector every time, that's not gonna work with mods - especially this one.

Very sorry, but I can't fix that!

Island

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: October 28, 2022, 02:52:13 PM »

I recon the new superstructure is something that requires a new sector generation?
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 156