Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 156

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1258219 times)

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Industrial.Evolution 3.0.e - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #1440 on: August 29, 2022, 09:03:46 PM »

Hello, I think I found a bug. The Riftpulse Cycler won't fit in Medium or Large energy mounts. It works for Small energy, as well as Small and Medium Ballistic mounts. I don't have a ship with the Large Ballistic mount available, so I haven't been able to test that. Does anyone else have this issue?

-Edit: The same goes for Medium Universal mounts, and Medium Synergy mounts, but it works fine for Medium Hybrid mounts.
Weapon mounts in general can only support one size lower. Dual-type weapon mounts can only support weapons of the same type or weapons that are only one of the two types that make up the weapon mount type, and also can only support smaller weapons that are the exact same type. Hybrid weapons depend on their "Counts as for stat modifiers" for what larger weapon mount type they can fit into. A medium hybrid mount can only fit medium and small hybrids and medium energy and ballistic. Riftpulse cycler is a small hybrid that counts as ballistic so it fits into small energy, ballistic, universal, and hybrid and medium ballistic and hybrid weapon mounts.
In short, there is no bug here, just confusing mounting restrictions for dual-type weapons.

JenkoRun

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: September 01, 2022, 03:54:38 PM »

Feature request: A way to close Artificial Tears, or at least make them disappear after a while, they're kinda clogging up the systems I take the planets through.

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: September 03, 2022, 11:36:57 AM »

question, is it intended that ... in-  system salvage yards take priority over LOCAL heavy industry?
cause my main military planet just decided to cry about "salvage yard without heavy industry", despite me having both a local orbital works with forge, and on a nearby planet a salvage yard thats also filled to the brim with stuffs...

edit, apparently it is...

would be nice to be able to limit salvage yard outputs, instead of it being apparently limitless (like lmfao wat)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 11:38:57 AM by Maethendias »

Shadowkiller

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: September 03, 2022, 04:21:02 PM »

Please for the love of Ludd tone down the mine fields, taking 2000 supplies worth of damage just trying to get past and trade is intolerable. Its also severely hindering the ai's ability to invade (beyond whats reasonable) I just witnessed 7 massive fleets get taken down to 5 cr and lose to a battlestation that should have died immediately.

I like the concept (as i do all your additions) but its heavily over toned, i dont go to locations with minefields anymore, or just cheat my way past because i wont want to risk 200,000$ credits of repairs.

Edit: Saved those 7 fleets by taking care of the battle station and now the ai is self destructing by riding back and forth over the mine fields while trying to bombard the planet, so def needs to be toned down the the ai because they're immolating themselves even without an enemy to fight.

Second edit: Its impossible for the ai to bombard/raid/invade a planet if the planets size is to large and reached the ring of mines, they bounce in-between the planet and mines trying to interact with the planet but getting interrupted by explosions from the mines until literal picket ships show up engage the invasions fleets and destroy them. Spent 3 months babying the 7 invasion fleets yet they still failed to bombard Lucifron.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 05:13:45 PM by Shadowkiller »

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: September 04, 2022, 01:23:08 AM »

is there a way to disable courier intel spam? cause dayum courier contracts bloat your faction intel

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: September 04, 2022, 06:24:30 AM »

SirHartley, good day. As I have said more than once - I really like your mod, now it's a megamod. With every new game I use it and get great pleasure.

Because your mod introduces a lot of structures and industries, kindly think about the following thought: there are very few food producers in the world of the Star Sector. there are very few planets suitable for agriculture (inhabited and uninhabited). Constant hunger and extinction of the population and, in the end, cannibalism ... a very, very terrible situation. We need buildings that can be built on planets without farmland. Hydroponic farms / mushroom farms / green soylent production (total nonsense).

Thanks in advance for your thought

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: September 04, 2022, 12:42:57 PM »

I colonized a planet with a self replicating minefield but it's still hostile to my fleet.
Is there any way to fix this?

Timtumm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: September 05, 2022, 04:40:35 PM »

Love the mod. One of the favorite things I looks forward to is hitting a planet, and having it be a factory where I can Sacrifice my crappy ships (I carry a bunch of pirate crap for this reason) for a much better ship.
In my current game, I found 2 factories (in like the first 10 planets I saw) very early and I have now seen over a 100 (not an exaggeration, I have the Cosmos achievement) and I have not found any other.

So my question is, do you stop finding factories to sacrifice to after your fleet is larger than a certain size? Is this adjustable? Is it based on how long you have been playing?

bob888w

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: September 05, 2022, 06:37:40 PM »

Probably should note the commerce nerfs in a section of the front mod page. I know it says so in the change logs, but at first glance that's hard to find

TheJanitor47

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: September 08, 2022, 08:33:11 PM »

Can i update this mod on an existing save file? or will that break it?

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: September 08, 2022, 08:50:12 PM »

Can i update this mod on an existing save file? or will that break it?
Quoted from the very first post of this forum thread:
This can NOT be added to ongoing games - and it will break saves if removed.

lolitsjack

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: September 11, 2022, 06:26:19 AM »

What happens when you get two salvage yards in the same system? I built one, and then I took over a derelict base that had one. Do they compete for salvage points? Do I get double the output?

epsilonflash

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: September 12, 2022, 06:40:22 AM »

Please for the love of Ludd tone down the mine fields, taking 2000 supplies worth of damage just trying to get past and trade is intolerable. Its also severely hindering the ai's ability to invade (beyond whats reasonable) I just witnessed 7 massive fleets get taken down to 5 cr and lose to a battlestation that should have died immediately.

I like the concept (as i do all your additions) but its heavily over toned, i dont go to locations with minefields anymore, or just cheat my way past because i wont want to risk 200,000$ credits of repairs.

I'd like to second this. Minefields are a neat concept, and one I'd like to see implemented in a way that adds something interesting to the game. But at the moment, all they are is a bother that imposes an unacceptably high resource loss for barely any reason, and the worst part is that there isn't an intuitive way to avoid that damage. If we're going through an asteroid field or a hyperspace storm, we can hold S and slow down to avoid their minor inconveniences in a 100% guaranteed manner. If we're going through a minefield, the only options if we don't want to be set back immensely are reloading until the RNG decides we don't have to pay thousands of supplies, or go through the tedious process of splitting your fleet, going about your business, and then rejoining.

As it stands, minefields are an instant disable for me every time I download a new version of this mod, because that's what minefields are adding to the game at the moment; a three-way choice between eating a huge loss for no potential gain whatsoever, savescumming, or going through an added pointless hassle (which wouldn't be significant if it was a one-time thing, but is sure to start grinding on one's patience after the 10th time visiting a minefield planet)

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: September 12, 2022, 06:51:16 AM »

note : minefield collisions use (roughly, afaik) the same code as asteroid collisions, if you go slow and have a smaller fleet, you have a lower chance of being hit by them

Sternmann-3302

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: September 12, 2022, 09:43:23 AM »

Hi,
Nice mod man, but I'm having a bit of trouble downloading the update. When I click the download link, I get this message from my browser:
"An error occurred during a connection to bbuseruploads.s3.amazonaws.com. "

I have tried to use a VPN to download the mod, though if this works for some people specific locations would be helpful.
I get the same problem when going directly to your bitbucket download repository page also.

Any advice on what this problem is would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 156