Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 156

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1264190 times)

[email protected]

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Industrial.Evolution 3.0.e - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #1350 on: June 01, 2022, 03:22:28 PM »

was looking at maybe adding some industries myself and holy bejebus is it complex. I tip my hat sir, I got as far as filling out the commodities.csv  then went looking for how to actually make the things and damn, it's um a lot of stuff Compacted in that Jar file that I have no clue how to work with.
if um you ever want to use what I have so far let me know :P

Randergill

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: June 01, 2022, 06:55:14 PM »

Bug report:  while using only Industrial evolution and its required libs, I was able to steadily reduce my FPS by flying circles around the Askonia system while in the warp.  This slow down in FPS had the following characteristics:
  • Save specific: Logging off and restarting computer would not fix the lag
  • Environment specific: Dropping into a star system or flying far away from Askonia in the warp would remove the fps lag
  • Progressive: stay in problem area until 20 fps, leave (fps = 60), return (fps = 20), fly around a bit (fps = 10), leave (fps = 60), return (fps = 10)
  • Tied to map?: While in some other system, I could get a quest from the bar. If that quest showed a map location, I dropped to my latest "slow fps" number
  • Minimally tested: I have no idea if this would happen around other systems or not
  • Good hardware: I normally run with 20-40 mods when I play starsector

I love your mod, and will try to check back in case you have any other information you may need from me.

scarlet_dynamic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: June 01, 2022, 09:51:30 PM »

Bug Report

Description:
Hull Deconstructor/Forge with alpha core can install hullmods that conflict with built-in hullmods.

Steps to Reproduce:
  • Find a hull deconstructor and hull forge, repair them and install alpha cores.
  • Put ships that have built-in hullmods that conflict with some hullmods. E.g. Olympus from Interstellar Imperium
  • Behold the miracle bestowed upon humble mortals by our AI overlord, an Olympus with Efficiency Overhaul.

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: June 02, 2022, 05:14:51 AM »

Bug Report

Description:
Hull Deconstructor/Forge with alpha core can install hullmods that conflict with built-in hullmods.

Steps to Reproduce:
  • Find a hull deconstructor and hull forge, repair them and install alpha cores.
  • Put ships that have built-in hullmods that conflict with some hullmods. E.g. Olympus from Interstellar Imperium
  • Behold the miracle bestowed upon humble mortals by our AI overlord, an Olympus with Efficiency Overhaul.

this is a "bug" but it's afaik impossible to solve due to the way hullmod incompatibilities are done - there's no way for indevo itself to check if 2 hullmods are incompatible (short of some incredible jank I just thought up that probably won't work)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 05:20:21 AM by Ruddygreat »

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: June 02, 2022, 11:08:01 AM »

I've got an idea for your consideration: It would be interesting if active embassies (ones with ambassadors) had policies you could enact between your faction and the one of the ambassador. This could include various things like trade agreements, embargoes, etc. Agreements that benefit or strain the non-player faction can increase or decrease the relationship ceiling of the embassy. One example would be maybe an agreement where you trade access to your Supercomputer bonuses decreasing their benefit to you in exchange for a % of the bonus profit generated or improved relations. Another suggested agreement is IFF protocol immunity where you can make agreements for the player fleet to not generate a relations penalty when they are intercepted by fleets of the embassy's faction with their transponder off. If they are intercepted they are still treated as discovered  for things like smuggling and culpability, this simply gives the player fleet immunity to transponder accidents. Production Cuts - If the player's faction is currently holding more market share of an export they can make an agreement to reduce their market share voluntarily in exchange for improved relations. Could tie into Nexerelin diplomatic profiles and have more (or less) benefits with Monopolist factions.

Though, I suppose you're not itching for new stuff to do at the moment. Maybe this will give you some inspiration for something else? Anyway thank you for reading!
Some of these are very cool for potential Quests. Should I ever add ambassadors as contacts, I'll think of this. Thank you for the suggestions!

was looking at maybe adding some industries myself and holy bejebus is it complex. I tip my hat sir, I got as far as filling out the commodities.csv  then went looking for how to actually make the things and damn, it's um a lot of stuff Compacted in that Jar file that I have no clue how to work with.
if um you ever want to use what I have so far let me know :P

:)
Depends on what you cooked up! If there's neat ideas, I'm always open for them.

Bug report:  while using only Industrial evolution and its required libs, I was able to steadily reduce my FPS by flying circles around the Askonia system while in the warp.  This slow down in FPS had the following characteristics:
  • Save specific: Logging off and restarting computer would not fix the lag
  • Environment specific: Dropping into a star system or flying far away from Askonia in the warp would remove the fps lag
  • Progressive: stay in problem area until 20 fps, leave (fps = 60), return (fps = 20), fly around a bit (fps = 10), leave (fps = 60), return (fps = 10)
  • Tied to map?: While in some other system, I could get a quest from the bar. If that quest showed a map location, I dropped to my latest "slow fps" number
  • Minimally tested: I have no idea if this would happen around other systems or not
  • Good hardware: I normally run with 20-40 mods when I play starsector

I love your mod, and will try to check back in case you have any other information you may need from me.
update the mod and do this: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=18011.msg366309#msg366309

Bug Report

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:
ruddy is right on the money here. Not gonna be able to fix it without some major turbo jank, but thank you for the report :)

[email protected]

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: June 03, 2022, 12:48:14 AM »

Heres the sprites :P very much considering putting more time in to make more/ more originals rather then just copy recolors of original art. I've got https://imgur.com/a/cwGOoa3
 and a temp commodities.csv, drop_groups.csv setup.
Wanted to add these for more trade Depth, but damn its all magic inside that com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl. it scares me. how about I go whip up some more industry icons :P

all image rights are original rights holders(AKA FRACTAL SOFTWORKS) or CC( specifically because I hate legal BULLshitery)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 08:28:00 AM by [email protected] »

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: June 03, 2022, 04:45:07 AM »

Okay, just so you know:
If you do not own the rights to a piece of art, you are not permitted to use them with the intent to share them publicly.

The sprites you have there are clearly not yours - that first one even contains pieces of my own artwork, which I did not give permission for.

If you intend to share any of that, it'd get taken down. I can't use em, sorry - but kudos for your effort!

[email protected]

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: June 03, 2022, 06:40:54 AM »

ooooooooooooookay.
 Made them FOR you to use FROM assets in your own mod, or publicly available as Part of the game they are a mod FOR. OR publicly available as share-alike usage.
any other way I can help you?
Made some 2-second edits and used blank starfield instead. also themed 2nd image better.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 07:03:28 AM by [email protected] »

Vasyan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: June 03, 2022, 09:37:21 AM »

Great mod!

There is one suggestion: add a new detachment behavior - fly to repair in Restoration Docks.
It made Restoration Docks so much more useful!

(And it will become much more comfortable to play with Starpocalypse)

Zerias

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: June 03, 2022, 03:56:11 PM »

Good day, I had a quick question: On the first page it says that this mod cannot be added to existing saves. Can anyone give any details on what exactly breaks if you try? I tried on an existing otherwise vanilla save and at least on the surface it seems to be okay, or at least it hasn't caused a crash yet.

sinani210

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Industrial.Evolution 2.2.h - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #1360 on: June 05, 2022, 02:39:20 AM »

Hello, thank you for the mod, it is very fun and really adds to the longevity of a playthrough. I was wondering about the engineering dock where one reverse engineers blueprints. I wanted to reverse engineer the 14th Battlegroup Onslaught but it was not allowed, so I found the ship id (hullid is onslaught_xiv from "list ships" console command) for it and added it to the whitelist file. It still shows up as not allowed. I am stumped at this point as I already verified that the whitelist is pointed correctly (thank you to previous poster describing that now fixed bug.) I'm not sure where to go next but If you could help I would very much appreciate it, thank you for your time. 8) ;D
That's very strange cause the XIV onslaught is on the default whitelist. Please check if it doesn't have too many d-mods to be used for reverse engineering.

Did you ever figure out what the fix for this was? I'm having the same issue with the Onslaught XIV and the Paragon as well. Much like the previous poster, I didn't find that adding them to the whitelist fixed the problem. Also of note is that I'm still running the old version (2.2h) and have Starship Legends installed since I saw in one of the changelogs that this could be relevant.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 02:41:52 AM by sinani210 »

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: June 05, 2022, 03:27:27 AM »

Great mod!

There is one suggestion: add a new detachment behavior - fly to repair in Restoration Docks.
It made Restoration Docks so much more useful!

(And it will become much more comfortable to play with Starpocalypse)
Thanks for the suggestion, will see if I can't do this somehow.

Good day, I had a quick question: On the first page it says that this mod cannot be added to existing saves. Can anyone give any details on what exactly breaks if you try? I tried on an existing otherwise vanilla save and at least on the surface it seems to be okay, or at least it hasn't caused a crash yet.
it won't break immediately, but a lot of things will not spawn (buildings in core worlds, all of the exploration content), many features will be inaccessible, some buildings might become unusable because you won't find the items you need, and I do not take responsibility for crashes that happen because of it.

Hello, thank you for the mod, it is very fun and really adds to the longevity of a playthrough. I was wondering about the engineering dock where one reverse engineers blueprints. I wanted to reverse engineer the 14th Battlegroup Onslaught but it was not allowed, so I found the ship id (hullid is onslaught_xiv from "list ships" console command) for it and added it to the whitelist file. It still shows up as not allowed. I am stumped at this point as I already verified that the whitelist is pointed correctly (thank you to previous poster describing that now fixed bug.) I'm not sure where to go next but If you could help I would very much appreciate it, thank you for your time. 8) ;D
That's very strange cause the XIV onslaught is on the default whitelist. Please check if it doesn't have too many d-mods to be used for reverse engineering.

Did you ever figure out what the fix for this was? I'm having the same issue with the Onslaught XIV and the Paragon as well. Much like the previous poster, I didn't find that adding them to the whitelist fixed the problem. Also of note is that I'm still running the old version (2.2h) and have Starship Legends installed since I saw in one of the changelogs that this could be relevant.
the problem you have is your ancient version. I can't support for bugs that I fixed a month ago, sorry!

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: June 05, 2022, 10:40:38 AM »

Hey there, I'm getting some lag issues (low frame rates) when leaving systems and I understand this was a problem before, but I'm using the newest version.

If it isn't this mod, any ideas to help track down the culprit?

Zerias

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: June 05, 2022, 11:21:05 AM »

it won't break immediately, but a lot of things will not spawn (buildings in core worlds, all of the exploration content), many features will be inaccessible, some buildings might become unusable because you won't find the items you need, and I do not take responsibility for crashes that happen because of it.

Thank you. I was aware that items and buildings would be missing, I was just concerned with any known outright crashes I might face when trying to add this mod to a game I had just started because I wanted to use a vanilla seed. In short, it's (probably) fine to add, you just don't get most of the worldgen benefits.

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: June 06, 2022, 07:51:50 AM »

Typo: Exact Clearances edict description. "Poduction" should be "Production"
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 156