Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 157

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1267690 times)

Ultrarattecoon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Industrial.Evolution 3.0.c - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #1320 on: May 19, 2022, 03:41:30 PM »

Hi, got this crash after saving in a minefield near chicomoztoc. Near me is a big fleet that also exploded on a minefield
Spoiler
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.ExplosionEntityPlugin.render(ExplosionEntityPlugin.java:286)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CustomCampaignEntity.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseCampaignEntity.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.LayeredRenderer.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
[close]

Draconem Sedatio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: May 19, 2022, 04:04:35 PM »

Seems to be related to courier port, so it's this mod yes. I don't think you can do much about it aside from hoping that a fix gets released soon, sadly.

Thanks for the reply, I did manage to scoot the save forward, thankfully all couriers were delivering to the same planet. I "fixed" it by cancelling all shipping contracts, and then camping the planet. I had intended to use console to kill the fleet, but it either never showed, or my presence in the system allowed it to de-spawn correctly this time.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: May 20, 2022, 12:45:05 PM »

Is there an option to disable minefields?
Doesn't seem to be. Would be nice if there was.

The way they've been implemented could use a re-think, as atm they just encourage savescumming.
You can't use any movement abilities to get past them. None have any effect whatsoever.
And when your fleet touches a mine you get hit with a 300+ supply recovery cost as most of your ships have now had thier CR reduced to yellow/red, with several being completely zeroed.
The only way to avoid them is to use t-jump to drop into the middle of the ring.
But that has a significant amount of variance in where it places you, which is frequently on top of the mines, which then explode - thus reloading.
And this only works for planets. Moons with mines are completely inacessible since those don't have a gravity well.

This is honestly, not a great addition gameplay-wise in its current form. It's just adding tedious busy-work to avoid a massively punitive "event".
Which is a shame bc they're neat otherwise.
Easiest way around this would be a toggle in the settings to either make them inactive around un-owned worlds, or disable them entirely.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: May 20, 2022, 02:07:05 PM »

Minefields very much have counter play.
The chance to blow up directly scales with fleet size and burn speed, so going slow through one with a medium sized fleet is more or less safe. However, if you go burn level 16 with 4 capitals, yeah, you'll blow up - though if you have 4 capitals, you will probably blow up even if you go slow, because your fleet is too large.

The solution to that is making a detachment and doing what you want to do with a smaller fleet, then re-merging.
They are specifically made to deter hostile player action with doom stacks.

snopey1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: May 20, 2022, 11:46:09 PM »

looking at change log post. and see this

"Adjusted - Terrible typo in Relic Components description (Made the mod hightly unplayable)"

highTly

made me laugh pretty hard, but good to see logistics core not install-able in light industries now, was confused about that one the first time tbh.

thanks for the hard work.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: May 21, 2022, 07:59:49 AM »

Okay. So mines are a deliberate problem and the solution is to force the player to micromange around it for "reasons".
Thanks for clearing that up.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: May 21, 2022, 03:11:39 PM »

it's called "gameplay" and "interaction". If that's not for you, watching other people stream the game is always an option.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: May 22, 2022, 11:11:13 AM »

Having a way to defuse the mines would be nice though. Maybe ships with Salvage Gantry or mining drones would allow you to clear the way ahead of your larger ships to pass safely? But you become more visible as you slowly move because your ships have to constantly sensor sweep for any mines to clear out.

Droll

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: May 22, 2022, 02:28:02 PM »

Having a way to defuse the mines would be nice though. Maybe ships with Salvage Gantry or mining drones would allow you to clear the way ahead of your larger ships to pass safely? But you become more visible as you slowly move because your ships have to constantly sensor sweep for any mines to clear out.

I think giving a way to just bypass them like that might defeat the point of them existing in the first place. Being forced to go slow isn't really a material drawback as a large fleet is probably going there to invade and attack and isn't really concerned too heavily with whatever can see and catch it.

The problem I have is that what constitutes a "medium" sized fleet and "large" fleet isn't explicitly clear. You kind of just have to guess what the throughput of the minefield is which I imagine can be quite frustrating to people who try to accommodate but hit a mine anyways.

Hague

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: May 22, 2022, 02:44:44 PM »

Wouldn't capital ships just ya know... cover the entire area in front of them with so much fire that it would detonate the mines?  It's not like ballistic and energy weapons lack for ammunition.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: May 23, 2022, 02:00:03 AM »

Hm, I can see how the lack of descriptors for danger might be an issue.

I will:
- add a small warning text that pops up from your fleet that tells you to turn your transponder on for IFF
- add a section to the terrain tooltip showing the explosion risk for your current fleet size (low/med/high)
- make player owned minefields ignore transponder status
- make minefields not explode if you have bought the access codes to the planet from a bar

Hélyos16

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: May 23, 2022, 05:35:53 PM »

hello, I play with your super cool mod and I found a bug: when you start a game by choosing the option to start with the tutorial, the fleet detachment skill is not available and does not appear, and no way to get it.

thank you for not having too many language errors because I am French and I used google trad for the message

Aran1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: May 24, 2022, 10:32:48 AM »

attempted to place an ambassador in the embassy and it crashed. i have no idea where i even got this ambassador from so that might have something to do with it XD

good times

[attachment deleted by admin]

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: May 24, 2022, 10:43:59 AM »

attempted to place an ambassador in the embassy and it crashed. i have no idea where i even got this ambassador from so that might have something to do with it XD

good times
that is what happens when you try to use console commands to cheat in an ambassador, or if mods drop them on accidents.

Aran1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: May 24, 2022, 11:25:58 AM »

that is what happens when you try to use console commands to cheat in an ambassador, or if mods drop them on accidents.

well i was kinda expecting that to be the case. im fairly certain i found it from having the easy mode loot increased beyond what its at in base game. thats normally how i get things i shouldnt have while exploring. tried putting them in office since ive never bothered before
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 157