Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 156

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1263206 times)

bodeshmoun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Industrial.Evolution 3.0.a - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #1275 on: April 22, 2022, 02:31:45 PM »

Nothing major, fixed a crash on linux ...

I have still the problem : lines with *Indevo* miss the capital E in file /Starsector/mods/Industrial.Evolution3.0.a/data/weapons/IndEvo_cryoartillery.wpn.
The solution given by Chairman Suryasari still works.

Great mod, and thanks for this update  ;D

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Industrial.Evolution 3.0.b - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #1276 on: April 23, 2022, 09:03:55 AM »

Bloody awesome update.  ;D

I must say the new art fits FAR better to the base game, the mod is a joy to use now.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 09:41:56 AM by Bastion.Systems »

Justinkid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: April 23, 2022, 11:59:19 AM »

Great mod.

I was wondering if you could de-couple the settings for enabling/disabling Indevo_derelics and salvage events? Specifically, is there any way you could make it so I can disable salvage events without disabling the industrial derelicts and station types? The setting I'm referring to is under "campaign features":

"Enable_Indevo_Derelicts": TRUE, #Also includes salvage events and station types"

The salvage mission I want to disable (or at least reducing the frequency of) is the one where you find a stash of credits, usually in the range 10-50k. I enjoy the financial struggle of the early game and this event alleviates that struggle too much for me.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: April 23, 2022, 12:14:45 PM »

Does this have synergy with Substance Abuse? Could I for example use a centralization bureau and the industrial incentives edict in a system with multiple colonies that each has a brewery to become liquor lord of the Persean arm?
Main synergy is being able to ship the output from the stockpile of multiple planets to a single one. The brewery produces so much, it doesn't need more production :P

Great mod.

I was wondering if you could de-couple the settings for enabling/disabling Indevo_derelics and salvage events? Specifically, is there any way you could make it so I can disable salvage events without disabling the industrial derelicts and station types? The setting I'm referring to is under "campaign features":

"Enable_Indevo_Derelicts": TRUE, #Also includes salvage events and station types"

The salvage mission I want to disable (or at least reducing the frequency of) is the one where you find a stash of credits, usually in the range 10-50k. I enjoy the financial struggle of the early game and this event alleviates that struggle too much for me.
set "IndEvo_SpecialApplicationChance" to 0. Will need you to make a new game.

Justinkid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: April 23, 2022, 02:08:20 PM »

set "IndEvo_SpecialApplicationChance" to 0. Will need you to make a new game.
[/quote]

Thank you for your reply, I will try that on my next play-through. Just wondering though, what other events/features, if any, would that disable in addition to that one specific salvage event (the one where you find credits)?

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: April 23, 2022, 02:34:18 PM »

All Industrial Evolution events, namely:
- the "Choose blueprint" event
- the "Use VPC" event
- the "Credit stash" event
- the "Repair D-Mods" event
- the "Survey Data" event
- the "Fuel Tanks" event
- the "Exploding Rare Item" event
- the "Send Intel to a Faction" event
- the "Use a Forge Template" event
- the "Sacrifice ships to the machine god" event

SoSD

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: April 23, 2022, 02:36:58 PM »

Enjoying the update and the new research projects are a neat idea.

Some thoughts, though:

It feels a bit weird that results are instant - my expectation was that I would provide resources/credits, start the project, and receive an update at some point in the future that they'd succeeded or needed more resources, etc., and I was a bit surprised by the instant completion.

Next, it would be neat to be able to build your own research centre, even if it had an expensive upkeep, as an option for campaigns where it wouldn't make as much sense for you to be interacting with the academy.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: April 23, 2022, 04:03:59 PM »

Okay, since I have now been asked 5 *** times in the last 2 weeks, here is an official statement:

Q: Can you make the courier port or the detachments take supplies from a planet and bring them to my fleet?
A (short): Yes, but I won't.
A (long): This is an absolutely terrible idea, and if you had thought about it for more than ten seconds you would have been able to draw that conclusion by yourself. Fleet logistics are a major gameplay motivator, and if I circumvent them, what creates urgency? What would extrinsically motivate the player to move? What would create situations in which you have to adapt due to running out of time, would lead to having to make decisions about your inventory space, would have you fight the enemy for their stuff when you run low? Why would you even take a single logistics ship with you if you can just have every single thing you need conveniently delivered? Why even play the game at that point?

There is a very simple rule that I use to decide if a feature is a good idea or not when making something.
I answer each of these within the timeframe:
ask (20s): how is this fun for the player?
ask (40s): how can the player engage with this?

if I fail to answer these in the required timespan, the idea is probably dumb. And guess what, getting supplies delivered free house actually actively detracts from the fun, because it takes away opportunity.

This is a classic case of optimizing the fun out of a game.
I don't do that.
Use console commands if you want that.

Thank you for your consideration.
/Hartley

Flamingo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: April 27, 2022, 03:11:27 PM »

Hello all,
I noticed the academy is crashing the game if you get a tier 3 Admin trained on it.
A string shows up advising: "blah blah blah "adminSalaryTier3" not found."
After digging a bit I found an academy file and added the string to it.

Transcript here, but since I can't attach the file, here's the directory for it:
Fractal Softworks\Starsector\mods\Industrial.Evolution2.2.h\data\config
Once you get to config, open the settings.json file.
Go to line 83 for the academy stuff.

#Academy:
  "dailyOfficerSpawnChance": 0.15f,
  "dailyAdminSpawnChance": 0.10f,
  "personalityTrainingDayCount": 93,
  "personalityTrainingCost": 30000,
  "adminTrainingDayCount": 124,
  "adminTrainingCost": 20000,
  "monthlyAIStorageCost": 2000,
  "adminSalaryTier3":1000, <-- adding this line fixed the crash, adjust the number to your liking :)
Disclaimer: I don't know what the hell I am doing cause I don't code. I just added this line to this file and it somehow worked.  ;D magic I guess (but if someone more experienced could have a look at the academy plis)

Cheers,
Ya boy.

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: April 27, 2022, 03:40:36 PM »

Hello all,
I noticed the academy is crashing the game if you get a tier 3 Admin trained on it.

Transcript here, but since I can't attach the file, here's the directory for it:

#Academy:
  "adminSalaryTier3":1000, <-- adding this line fixed the crash, adjust the number to your liking :)
Disclaimer: I don't know what the hell I am doing cause I don't code. I just added this line to this file and it somehow worked.  ;D magic I guess (but if someone more experienced could have a look at the academy plis)

Cheers,
Ya boy.

update the mod, you're a big version behind

Kh0rnet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: April 27, 2022, 06:43:21 PM »

What is the exact interaction between an Orbital Fusion Lamp and a Supercomputer? I've noticed that its industry icon changes immediately, but I noticed no detrimental effects gameplay-wise, the income multiplier remains the same. Is it because the "Cold"/"Extreme Cold" hazard modifiers remain regardless so the Supercomputer is not affected?

Also, is the Simulation Engine special item for it meant to scale with distance? Because I noticed it only provides a 1.18 (instead of 1.3) income modifier to my planets in a system 5 LY away.

Flamingo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: April 27, 2022, 11:37:07 PM »

Hello all,

#Academy:

Cheers,
Ya boy.

update the mod, you're a big version behind

Oh, that explains it perfectly, thanks :D

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: April 28, 2022, 02:29:01 AM »

What is the exact interaction between an Orbital Fusion Lamp and a Supercomputer? I've noticed that its industry icon changes immediately, but I noticed no detrimental effects gameplay-wise, the income multiplier remains the same. Is it because the "Cold"/"Extreme Cold" hazard modifiers remain regardless so the Supercomputer is not affected?

Also, is the Simulation Engine special item for it meant to scale with distance? Because I noticed it only provides a 1.18 (instead of 1.3) income modifier to my planets in a system 5 LY away.
Check the upkeep cost. IIRC it remains the same because, yeah, Cold and Extreme Cold conditions are not removed but merely suppressed. You could see it as only habitation/industrial areas are being targeted for warming up by the lamp while supercomputer is excluded or built deep underground.

vok3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: April 28, 2022, 10:36:36 AM »

Flying Diable fleet, consisting of
1 Haze CR
1 Gust CR
2 Hayle DD
1 Fractus CV
1 Vapor FG
1 Sleet FG
2 Rime freighters
1 Chinook tanker

Had a spysat mission, figured I'd take a frigate in while leaving the rest hiding in the outer system.  Hit the key, hit "Members" under detachment one, click each ship except for the Vapor.  It adds in 7 of the ships and leaves off the 2nd Rime and the Chinook.  Tried several times, same result.  Okay, "Members" on detachment 2, select the other Rime and Chinook.  Seems to be okay.  But it's complaining about supplies and I know the frigatee is low on cargo space.  Fine, hit "Cargo" for detachment 1, give it lots of supplies and all the other junk.  Then hit "Cargo" for detachment 2 and ... what?  The supply stack it's offering me to take from is way bigger than what should have been left behind after I assigned stuff the first.  I shrug, drag a little bit in, confirm, hit the green "Spawn" button for detachment 1.  Now detachment 2 is telling me "At least one ship must stay with the main fleet!"  Well, it is, I never selected the Vapor for anything - and it's not shown in either detachment.  So one ship IS staying with the main fleet.  Oh wait, it's also saying "None of the ships specified in the loadout are present in the main fleet!"  Huh?  Okay, hit the "1. Return" thing to get out of this -

Well will you look at that.  It took all the ships I originally specified even though it wasn't displaying them in the ship list.  But the cargo confusion now means I have way too much stuff for this frigate's tiny fuel and cargo space.  Okay, quick, recall - oh good, "move cargo" option - okay that worked.

Okay.

So my verdict: it does exactly what I tell it to do, it's just not entirely clear about the fact that it has done so.

I did look for a way to scroll in the detachment listing of ships, in case it was on a different row or soemthing, and didn't see it. 

And yes, extremely useful functionality, should be vanilla.

Kh0rnet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: April 28, 2022, 01:22:20 PM »

Check the upkeep cost. IIRC it remains the same because, yeah, Cold and Extreme Cold conditions are not removed but merely suppressed. You could see it as only habitation/industrial areas are being targeted for warming up by the lamp while supercomputer is excluded or built deep underground.

When you shut down the Supercomputer industry and try to build it WHILE the Fusion Lamp is installed the tooltip (for the Supercomputer) states "This planet does not offer good conditions for a Supercomputer." So, including that and the industry image change, I presume the Fusion Lamp actually does flip the "hidden" planet switch that determines the Supercomputer effectiveness.
Again, I presume, and I'm not sure exactly how it affects the industry in the first place.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 156