Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 155

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1237020 times)

ArkaneKannon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Industrial.Evolution 2.2.h - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #1200 on: February 05, 2022, 08:09:19 PM »

Playing as Mayasura with Nexerlin and shadowyards plus a lot of others however. Every time I build and embassy and inaugurate an ambassador from shadowyards it says the ambassador is presumed compromised bricking the structure. Its repeatable and any length of time passed does not solve the issue. The crash is caused by deconstructing the building. Otherwise love the mod and have no other issues. Thanks for all the hard work.

SpartanXZero

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Industrial.Evolution 1.1.a - Industries with non-standard effects
« Reply #1201 on: February 08, 2022, 12:47:21 PM »

Thanks to everyone that provided feedback, especially Matsor Browncoat, SCC and RoquetheRogue.
Most everything that has been said is addressed in this update.

There has been no change to the cost or availability of these, since I consider gating industries behind drop tables not the best approach.

Without further ado - the most complicated industry I have made so far:

Change Log
1.1.a
  • Variable Industries
  • Fixed AI cores randomly not working (All)
  • Slightly decreased pather interest in Manufactory
  • Removed pather interest in Commodity Forge (it destroys tech, they shouldn't care)
  • Military Relays
  • Changed build requirement from High Command to Military Base in Star System
  • Reduced effect if no High command is present
  • Fixed not buildable if planet only has a military base
  • Fixed relays applying the bonus even if the colony had the highest fleet size
  • Increased beta core effect to 25% upkeep reduction
  • Is now unraidable
  • Centralization Bureau
  • Changed Industry blacklist to whitelist (No more issues with other modded industries)
  • Is now unraidable
  • Salvage Yards
  • Added – hunting fleets in your system now has proper rewards.
[close]

Really love this mod.

Is there any chance you would be able to tap into the stable orbit construction systems? To add some variable construction time to the series of options? Considering they're often tied in to colonies and colony building, I feel it only makes sense that those assets should have a construction time associated with them, rather than an instant build. Especially or at the very least the inactive gate option should be on par with the time it takes to build an orbital station/battlestation (120 to 150 days)

While I get this may be upsetting to some, instant build makeshift/domain era platforms and inactive gate build with use in 2 clicks seems like an unbalanced/broken system. Easy to abuse an benefit from.

Drazan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: February 09, 2022, 02:53:55 AM »

The pirate subpopulation gives me extra effect if i have a pirate contact whit whom i have high standing, or only if im frendly with pirates?

RT_Neiron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: February 09, 2022, 08:00:34 PM »

If your game crash when you use new SalvageYards option (ScrapYard) just rebuld the structure
(this happen if you install new mod\ships and not start a new game)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 08:41:24 PM by RT_Neiron »

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: February 10, 2022, 01:38:54 AM »

...Ship components
All of this means that a size 10 world cannot be self-sufficient on components purely from heavy industry.
Absolutely correct - everything you wrote is intended, including your resumé. Build Salvage Yards if you want sufficiency, they are the main producer.

I am not getting "Growth Reinvestment" as an edict option. Is there some un-stated prerequisite I am missing or is the OP out of date?
Growth reinvestment has been removed and I forgot to update the OP, will do so - thanks!

The Neuroconditioning Compounds are not working correctly, the Star System with two Colonies are 11 LY apart from my primary World but there are no Colony Options to enact Edicts on them.

There seems to be a bug with Forced Relocation, a System with a maxed Planet also takes away a portion of the Edict.
Three Colony System with the Edict: -40 A, +20 B (No Growth possible), +20 C (Intended Colony)
Two Colony System with the Edict: -40 A, +40 B
Fixed, Thanks!

It would be great if Forced Relocations could be changed for Maxed sized Planets in general, not all of the Millions of People should have a problem (forced or voluntarily) colonizing a flourishing new Venture.
That would be the base immigration/Growth you get on the planet - forced relocation increases that through, well, forced relocation.

Regarding that last point, I'll look into the gravity well issue, thank you!

Playing as Mayasura with Nexerlin and shadowyards plus a lot of others however. Every time I build and embassy and inaugurate an ambassador from shadowyards it says the ambassador is presumed compromised bricking the structure. Its repeatable and any length of time passed does not solve the issue. The crash is caused by deconstructing the building. Otherwise love the mod and have no other issues. Thanks for all the hard work.
Yes - it doesn't work on non-player faction planets. Don't use the embassy with "Governed" planets! (Governance is a Nexerelin feature and I can't make the embassy work with it without a complete re-write, which I won't do - so it'll just not be buildable on Governed planets next version)

Is there any chance you would be able to tap into the stable orbit construction systems? To add some variable construction time to the series of options? Considering they're often tied in to colonies and colony building, I feel it only makes sense that those assets should have a construction time associated with them, rather than an instant build. Especially or at the very least the inactive gate option should be on par with the time it takes to build an orbital station/battlestation (120 to 150 days)

While I get this may be upsetting to some, instant build makeshift/domain era platforms and inactive gate build with use in 2 clicks seems like an unbalanced/broken system. Easy to abuse an benefit from.
All of that Is Terraforming and Station Construction, not Industrial Evolution.

The pirate subpopulation gives me extra effect if i have a pirate contact whit whom i have high standing, or only if im frendly with pirates?
Pirate Faction! Contacts don't matter for the condition.

If your game crash when you use new SalvageYards option (ScrapYard) just rebuld the structure
(this happen if you install new mod\ships and not start a new game)
I don't quite know what you are talking about, but this mod won't properly work without a new game, yes :)

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: February 10, 2022, 01:43:43 AM »

SirHartley first off big fan here! I had a couple requests for some of my Hiver faction's ships to not be spit out by the machine god during a sacrifice event. Is there a way to blacklist specific ships? I looked over your code but I did not see a way, thanks.
Hey, the event uses any ship that you can get the blueprint for (since I figured it'll be intended to be acquired by the player sooner or later, anyway). Blacklisting your ships can be done by not specifying a blueprint tag for them.

I also added a new tag for you, "IndEvo_no_ship_roulette", which you can use in your .csv to prohibit them from dropping with the next version.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: February 10, 2022, 01:58:52 AM »

Nevermind~So here come's the serious part:

I've been in contact with @Fucifa recently. and actually -- there's no fully translated product yet, as he just "got dumped into the fking infinite academic papers" and cannot move a single cursor.Now I'm honestly re-asking for your permission.

Would you like translating your mod and drain it to our community(www.fossic.org)?

The text will be proofreaded and tested during the whole process(including the text under this topic). Original author name, pages URL and authorization screenshot will be quoted when posting out.You can withdraw this localization at anytime - Just contact with me, or you can set up a date/update beyond which we should ask for permission again.

Now the semi-product has been nullified and I'm reconstructing the text, without exception the localized version can be published several days later.

Gonna appreciate it if you nod a head.

See below.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 02:26:05 AM by SirHartley »

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: February 10, 2022, 05:44:48 AM »

when is evolutioving the industry?

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: February 10, 2022, 12:52:50 PM »

Hey, the event uses any ship that you can get the blueprint for (since I figured it'll be intended to be acquired by the player sooner or later, anyway). Blacklisting your ships can be done by not specifying a blueprint tag for them.

I also added a new tag for you, "IndEvo_no_ship_roulette", which you can use in your .csv to prohibit them from dropping with the next version.

That's great, much appreciated.

Amricon.

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: February 10, 2022, 08:30:43 PM »

Now, for this.

[texts posted before that went under edits]

Thank you for understanding.

Got it, and I understand. No need to say sorry, just feel free to complain,even venting out.

As your previous post mentions, now any progress is mothballed and will no longer be touched until something turn around. Later I'll contact Fucifa, telling him to make his own version.
(delayed until further reply)
Our community owes you a apology.Shall I set up a post and clarify this misinterpretation in fossic.org? Only a few veteran members still remember, and many players have long forgotten this.

And...emm, thank you for pointing out. I'll consider interpretive translation and searching beyond all my products (quotes like "Paperclip maximizer" should be wikied and fully-explained on the spot, without disturbing the readers).Curt memes and complains will be filt out.

There's no need to rush to reply.Before the final decision I'll wait there and respect whatever it is.

PS:
Just some chatting at there.
Guess foreign producers are really can be sensitive about this , right?

Getting antagonized is very common in our chatting groups - mostly just for some tiny, unimportant things - people just can get into quarrels in stand of their face and burn their mind for a whole day.Strangely most of us are still chatting with each other, hiding those conficts.

In any kind of community there's always some airheads, spilting their words everywhere and soonly forgot about the consequences. Some of our producers also fell into victims, they do not care anymore as they cannot actually get harmed except beating themselves up, in mood.

My suggestion is :Don't care about them, laugh at them. Just relax, things' not become that serious, normal players didn't change attitudes to you, and time will fade their memory.

If you have any other requests or worries, just write it down.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 02:33:48 AM by Amricon. »

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: February 11, 2022, 02:20:04 AM »

Good morning,

I wanted to edit the OP first, but I didn't manage to find the time.

I reflected on this and the problem was never really the antagonization. I am usually not very sensitive about things like this, so I was wondering why I was this annoyed at what I'd usually call a minor issue. Turns out, the problem was never with the insults.
it's what they implicate. If a harmless joke is all it takes to kick off a large discussion (and have the mod temporarily taken down at Fossic), even have people contact me on Discord about it - what is stopping the next misinterpretation from escalating further?

I can neither defend myself, nor stop anyone from spilling over into the western community, because the thread is in a language I can not read, and MTL does not work properly.

If I get accused of something even worse, how will I be able to handle it? Will people start slandering me on the .com forums as well? Will they haunt me on chat servers and *** with me? How long will it take to simmer down?

Your culture and mine are extremely different, misunderstandings are bound to happen, and does not take much for someone to blow an issue out of proportion. I do not intend to have my work removed from the fractalsoftworks forums over a misunderstanding. The only way I could think of to make sure that never happens, is if the mod just does not get translated - remove the interpretation problems, remove the risk.

This has always been about protecting my work, and I was being unfair towards your community - I apologize for that.

I do not wish for an apology or a clarification post on Fossic - the ones who caused this problem in the first place are not the people that are seeking dialogue now.

I can see a way to give permission - if, and only if - any translation work is done not directly, but interpreted. I don't care if the texts are perfectly accurate, the only thing I care about is that they can not be misunderstood and do not cause issues.

If there ever is another incident that ends with my ideology or motives questioned, with me being called racist, sexist or anything else -ist, if I am accused of anti-something behaviour, the mod is temporarily removed on fossic, and I notice it happening because people ask me about it in chats, I will rescind permission and have the mod taken down permanently.

This does not mean that no one can criticize me or the mod.
I do like feedback, and the Chinese community does bring up good points that I had not accounted for, simply by having another perspective. I also know that the tone and culture is rougher over there than it is here, and take no issue with it. Avoid politics, and everything will be fine.

Possibly relevant for undestanding:
If a mod gets taken down on fractalsoftworks.com / the western community, it means the author severely *** up and if they are lucky, they get a chance to fix it - not always.

There is also a culture of altercation here, but it is a lot more subtle than the Asian variant. As much as I was able to understand, if someone used the vocabulary you are familiar with in, the western chat, they would get banned pretty much immediately. What we call a quarrel, you would probably call normal conversation.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 02:22:13 AM by SirHartley »

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: February 11, 2022, 02:20:46 AM »

With the above in consideration, I can give you permission to translate the mod.

Stargazer86

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: February 11, 2022, 03:48:14 PM »

So this looks like a great mod! I do have a question though. I currently have three colonies in different systems. One system has pirate base in it so I built a Salvage Yard to gather up ship components whenever a pirate is destroyed. I then built Courier Ports in all three planets thinking I could send the ship components over to my main ship building planet. But when I'm looking through the options as to what goods I can transport, I can only pick stuff that's stored in the Industrial Supply Store and not in the main colony Storage.

Basically, how the heck do these interactions work and am I even doing it right?

Amricon.

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: February 12, 2022, 12:34:02 AM »

I do not wish for an apology or a clarification post on Fossic - the ones who caused this problem in the first place are not the people that are seeking dialogue now.

I can see a way to give permission - if, and only if - any translation work is done not directly, but interpreted. I don't care if the texts are perfectly accurate, the only thing I care about is that they can not be misunderstood and do not cause issues.

If there ever is another incident that ends with my ideology or motives questioned, with me being called racist, sexist or anything else -ist, if I am accused of anti-something behaviour, the mod is temporarily removed on fossic, and I notice it happening because people ask me about it in chats, I will rescind permission and have the mod taken down permanently.

This does not mean that no one can criticize me or the mod.
I do like feedback, and the Chinese community does bring up good points that I had not accounted for, simply by having another perspective. I also know that the tone and culture is rougher over there than it is here, and take no issue with it. Avoid politics, and everything will be fine.
Much appreciate, really. It's not a easy decision to make.

Being informed of such risks frightens a bit.Is that also easy to be questioned - and even cyberbullied - in your community?Normally I'd get rid of those *** social software and lay down for a while.

To protect the Mod-maker and contain the risk in a single environment, I'll declare this on the publish post - but it needs your additional consent:

"Interpretive translation:

Translators are additionally authorized to adjust the text and display pattern, add detailed information to make it more vivid and suited into local vocabulary/reading habits.

Memes and quotes should be wikied on the spot and fully explained to avoid disturbing the readers; Curt memes, complains, political metaphor and any other things that might be misunderstood and cause issues will be filted, and reported to the author.

If the author wishes, the localized semi-product can be provided to a trusted person for pre-release inspection.
Translator has the right of final text interpretation, and takes responsibility for all possible issues from it."

And plus, just mention it again:Original author name, pages URL and authorization screenshot will be quoted when posting out.You can withdraw the localized product at anytime.

Will you authorize this and give the permission to translate your mod?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 12:57:49 AM by Amricon. »

dgchessman2

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: February 13, 2022, 08:33:53 AM »

Just got this out of the blue:

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.ambassadorPlugins.IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager.g etOriginalMarket(IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager.java:349)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.ambassadorRules.IndEvo_ambassadorRem oval.removeAmbassadorWithPenalty(IndEvo_ambassadorRemoval.java:33)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.IndEvo_embassy.notifyBeingRemoved(IndEvo_embassy.java:296)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market.removeIndustry(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.deciv.DecivTracker.decivilize(DecivTracker.java:228)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.deciv.DecivTracker.decivilize(DecivTracker.java:186)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.deciv.DecivTracker.checkDeciv(DecivTracker.java:181)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.deciv.DecivTracker.checkDeciv(DecivTracker.java:126)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.deciv.DecivTracker.advance(DecivTracker.java:77)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Is that something you're tracking?
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 155