Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 154

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1235709 times)

Droll

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Industrial.Evolution 2.2.h - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #1185 on: January 25, 2022, 04:46:29 PM »

Courier Ports seem very fixed to me to the point I didn't realize they were even broken. I use a courier port to send a single kletka alpha core from my stockpile directly to the industrial storage of the supercomputer every cycle. Works like a dream.
They seem to start messing up after a decent number of repeated deliveries. I had mine set up to deliver Gammas from my storage to my Supercomputer every couple months and they eventually started failing despite the source and the destination literally orbiting the same ice giant.
I reported it before and Hartley acknowledged that it was bugged right now, but I don't see anything in the change log saying that it's been fixed.

Weird, in my case the start and end are in two different systems but I haven't had a single delivery fail.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: January 26, 2022, 03:16:32 AM »

Ports are in a strange place right now - they do work, and they even work reliably, right up until they suddenly don't, for no reason.

I am currently reworking them entirely, removing insurance, simplifying the code and behaviour, and making a new (Proper) UI for them so they aren't as clunky.

However, this comes with a complete re-write of the code, which takes time.

It won't be as "Simulated" anymore with fleets getting ignored by enemies, but honestly, this mod is in need of more simplification anyway, and I'll take reliability over accuracy any day in my games.

shilum

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: January 26, 2022, 04:24:43 PM »

speaking of courier ports, as a suggestion (or i was doing it wrong) could you make it so that the transport takes everything from one planets storage and takes it to another? ( I.E. just selecting the storage and 1 month recurring transport, and whatever is in storage at that time is transported.)

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: January 27, 2022, 09:25:28 AM »

However, this comes with a complete re-write of the code, which takes time.

Take your time =)

speaking of courier ports, as a suggestion (or i was doing it wrong) could you make it so that the transport takes everything from one planets storage and takes it to another? ( I.E. just selecting the storage and 1 month recurring transport, and whatever is in storage at that time is transported.)

I second this! Whenever I needed to use a courier, it was either for decon->forge->lab triangle, or transferring entirety of a storage to another location (usually a planet I name as 'Hoard'). By the way, I don't know how the new UI will work, but interacting with a comm-relay to access the courier options would be neat!

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: January 27, 2022, 03:24:02 PM »

good suggestion, will add this in - thanks!

By the way, I don't know how the new UI will work, but interacting with a comm-relay to access the courier options would be neat!
This is also a good idea - I'll see if I can't insert an option, and how feasible it is. No promises, but it's a good idea and I'll see if I can do that.

Droll

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: January 29, 2022, 03:01:36 PM »

Are ship components not supposed to scale with colony size on heavy industry? I unlock the pop cap to size 10 and even with pristine nanoforge, alpha core, improvement, centralization (+1) and industrial incentives I cannot get ship component production above 8 on my size 9 world.

On my size 7 world the tooltips say +3 production due to market size for ship components but +5 for other heavy industry goods like hulls. Ship component VPC on a variable manufactory seems to scale but does not get bonuses from the industrial incentives edict.

All of this means that a size 10 world cannot be self-sufficient on components purely from heavy industry.

Edit: Also I'm aware that the centralization bureau boost for ship components also boosts demand so shouldn't affect self-sufficiency, though it can result in weirdness if your only source for ship components is one heavy industry and no global supply exists (a ship component shortage reduces production of ship components which then cascades until it catches global supply).
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 03:04:03 PM by Droll »

Trabber Shir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: January 29, 2022, 09:03:24 PM »

I am not getting "Growth Reinvestment" as an edict option. Is there some un-stated prerequisite I am missing or is the OP out of date?

I have 11 edicts displayed. Compared to the list on the OP I am missing "Growth Reinvestment" but have the following which are not in the OP: "Trade Incentives", "Single-Child Policy", and "Exact Clearances".

Yorith

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: January 29, 2022, 10:07:18 PM »

Thank you for all the work on both Mods, I probably won't play a Game without them in the Future.

The Neuroconditioning Compounds are not working correctly, the Star System with two Colonies are 11 LY apart from my primary World but there are no Colony Options to enact Edicts on them.

There seems to be a bug with Forced Relocation, a System with a maxed Planet also takes away a portion of the Edict.
Three Colony System with the Edict: -40 A, +20 B (No Growth possible), +20 C (Intended Colony)
Two Colony System with the Edict: -40 A, +40 B

It would be great if Forced Relocations could be changed for Maxed sized Planets in general, not all of the Millions of People should have a problem (forced or voluntarily) colonizing a flourishing new Venture.

The Industrial Ruins with the Misreported ruins locations (very interesting Idea) completely saved my playthrough, I never was so unlucky with a sector before... I explored every system but couldn't find suitable locations or they were in High [REDACTED] systems. The Planets that I relocated sadly don't have a Nascent Gravity Well and a way to close the Artificial Tear would be good too. (They seem to be a massive security risk)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 01:36:00 AM by Yorith »

Anexgohan

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: January 31, 2022, 06:18:29 PM »

Consistent crash on 0.95.1a on Admin training in the academy. as they gain 'adminSalaryTier3' which does not exist anymore and causes a crash.

Use this if like me you can't progress anymore
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=18011.msg348414#msg348414

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: January 31, 2022, 10:12:10 PM »

I quit playing for awhile and now I've started up again and I'm looking for a specific industry or production building that gave small amounts of a variety of goods (like either 1 or 2 units only of 3 different things) that was pretty clutch in my last game but for the life of me I can't find/build it, also I'm not sure if it had some specific requirement, I don't recall that it did. Any help would be appreciated. (Apologies if it's not related to this mod, I'm under the impression it is, but IDK)

Bonisagus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: February 01, 2022, 06:28:07 AM »

I am also getting the admindSaleryTier3 bug, causing a crash. Gonna use console to get him out of the academy.

Other than that, great mod, really like the buildings and options they provide. It has made exploring more fun and interesting, thanks for putting it together.

Jotun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: February 01, 2022, 07:16:13 AM »

Consistent crash on 0.95.1a on Admin training in the academy. as they gain 'adminSalaryTier3' which does not exist anymore and causes a crash.

Use this if like me you can't progress anymore
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=18011.msg348414#msg348414

Ah! So that was the fix!

I just ended up adding a tiers 3 salary (same as tiers 2) row in one of the game files (can't remember which one) and it worked ok after that.

Anexgohan

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: February 01, 2022, 07:11:09 PM »

Can you please, point me to what you did, yours is a better solution than what I posted. Atleast then I could use the training building.

Amricon.

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: February 04, 2022, 06:01:58 PM »

Sir,may I ask for your permission to translate your mod into Chinese and upload it to a Chinese Starsector forum?
Your mod is interesting.The embassy is exactly what the game lacks now.
Here's it's address:https://www.fossic.org/
Would appreciate it if you agree ;D
Fine, so I find this quote where @Fucifa had asked for the localization authorization.

This mod is actually amazing.Plentiful buildings and mechanisms greatly enhanced the whole-gaming experience,plus the new colonial items drawing players into a great pursuit of ...ehh.Nvidia GTX 470080 TI - Is that can really, exactly, possibly be published without any domainic issue?I hope my computer has that kind XD.

Nevermind~So here come's the serious part:

I've been in contact with @Fucifa recently. and actually -- there's no fully translated product yet, as he just "got dumped into the fking infinite academic papers" and cannot move a single cursor.Now I'm honestly re-asking for your permission.

Would you like translating your mod and drain it to our community(www.fossic.org)?

The text will be proofreaded and tested during the whole process(including the text under this topic). Original author name, pages URL and authorization screenshot will be quoted when posting out.You can withdraw this localization at anytime - Just contact with me, or you can set up a date/update beyond which we should ask for permission again.

Now the semi-product has been nullified and I'm reconstructing the text, without exception the localized version can be published several days later.

Gonna appreciate it if you nod a head.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: February 05, 2022, 04:24:39 PM »

SirHartley first off big fan here! I had a couple requests for some of my Hiver faction's ships to not be spit out by the machine god during a sacrifice event. Is there a way to blacklist specific ships? I looked over your code but I did not see a way, thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 154