Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 155

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1237239 times)

OperaWolf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Industrial.Evolution 2.2.h - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #1170 on: January 21, 2022, 11:14:55 PM »

Can someone explain supercomputers to me? Where would I get the AI cores to support them?

You build one on a (preferably very cold) planet and it buffs the output of all the other colonies in that system while it still has AI cores to feed on. AI cores come mostly from exploring the sector and salvaging old tech and exploring ruins you find out there. It does consume the cores it uses, but they last a decently long time and the building has its own dedicated storage tab where you can leave AI Cores for it to take, so you don't have to keep going back to it if you don't want to micromanage it. It's up to you if you think its worth it and if you think you can keep feeding it reliably.

MrTwister

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: January 21, 2022, 11:17:51 PM »

Can someone explain supercomputers to me? Where would I get the AI cores to support them?

You build one on a (preferably very cold) planet and it buffs the output of all the other colonies in that system while it still has AI cores to feed on. AI cores come mostly from exploring the sector and salvaging old tech and exploring ruins you find out there. It does consume the cores it uses, but they last a decently long time and the building has its own dedicated storage tab where you can leave AI Cores for it to take, so you don't have to keep going back to it if you don't want to micromanage it. It's up to you if you think its worth it and if you think you can keep feeding it reliably.

And how many gammas per cycle would that be? If it's 4-5 it seems sustainable, if more I probably won't be bothered

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: January 22, 2022, 04:42:57 AM »

Terraforming & Station Construction mod has something that may pair well with Supercomputer. Essentially, on yet another (or the same) cold planet, you can build an industry (and support it with another) which generates AI Cores.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: January 22, 2022, 12:51:18 PM »

Academy stuff

I haven't looked at the code, but based on the comma that is two separate clauses:

"This structure increases the system-wide officer quality" (for the entire system, which is what Norath is asking about)

AND

"This structure increases officer quantity for defence fleets assembled on this planet" (for just the planet, as you point out)
Correct.

And how many gammas per cycle would that be? If it's 4-5 it seems sustainable, if more I probably won't be bothered

In days:
 "alpha_core_runtime": 558,
  "beta_core_runtime": 279,
  "gamma_core_runtime": 93,

You can adjust that in the config.

Terraforming & Station Construction mod has something that may pair well with Supercomputer. Essentially, on yet another (or the same) cold planet, you can build an industry (and support it with another) which generates AI Cores.
Ah yes, the absolutely balanced(tm) get-an-alpha-core-free-every-month delivery service that does not circumvent the core gameplay loop at all.

A kletka gives you half a million creds a month for free, just hand that alpha core to TT. At that point, building a supercomputer is just burning money.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 01:12:19 PM by SirHartley »

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: January 22, 2022, 06:13:08 PM »

Hey SirHartley! I copied a Ziggy, and I am using Starship Legends. The copied ziggies also had the fame tracker hullmod, but as they were pointing out to a new ship id which didn't have any records, the tracker hullmods showed an error. Another battle fixed it, though maybe it shouldn't copy these trackers from other mods? Also, one of the Ziggies have a built-in Phase Anchor, which cannot be built-in via traditional means. Just a heads-up :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 06:32:43 PM by lyravega »

Nox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: January 22, 2022, 07:59:51 PM »

Hey SirHartley! I copied a Ziggy, and I am using Starship Legends. The copied ziggies also had the fame tracker hullmod, but as they were pointing out to a new ship id which didn't have any records, the tracker hullmods showed an error. Another battle fixed it, though maybe it shouldn't copy these trackers from other mods? Also, one of the Ziggies have a built-in Phase Anchor, which cannot be built-in via traditional means. Just a heads-up :)

How is it that I can't parse what you've said here?  You copied a ziggurat, how?

--
No good deed goes unpunished.

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: January 22, 2022, 08:43:40 PM »

How is it that I can't parse what you've said here?  You copied a ziggurat, how?

By copy, what I mean is, throwing it into a hull deconstructor, then '3D printing' new ones with a hull forge. I was trying to get some free hullmods on my ziggy, but the forge template had 2 charges, so now I have 2 ziggies =)

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: January 22, 2022, 09:27:02 PM »

Ah yes, the absolutely balanced(tm) get-an-alpha-core-free-every-month delivery service that does not circumvent the core gameplay loop at all.
To be honest, [REDACTED] farming stops being a challenge and becomes a chore real fast. Automating that process with Kletkas is less about making money, but saving time. Why harvest your 50th [REDACTED] crop from your designated high-danger system when Chico hasn't been glassed yet?

Also, how close are Courier Ports to being fixed? I would enjoy not having to manually supply my Supercomputers+derelict industries like some barbarian.

MrTwister

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: January 22, 2022, 09:38:58 PM »

Kletka and the terraforming mod are broken in so many ways. Let's just say it's not for everyone.
Gamma core farming for a single computer is ok - not too hard to do.

Besides I needed a gamma dump, as the only alternative use for them is reputation boosts which is a bit lame, so I think industrial does a good job overall with these.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 09:46:10 PM by MrTwister »

SnowBoating

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: January 23, 2022, 12:16:50 PM »

Thanks for the mod! All the art is great and most of the buildings and mechanics are very useful in a lot of situations. The privateer base is amazing with high command (alpha core) for max fleet size (297%) and nano for 100% quality with decent ship blueprints.

In the later stages, it raids with 6 fleets, each with 3 carrier cruisers, 2 misc cruisers and a ton of phase glass cannon destroyers. By the time I show up, all the hostile fortress stations have been downed. They're so thirsty, they'll actually jump around and wipe multiple systems near the original raiding point.

Just wished you could whitelist or suggest a group of star systems instead of it sometimes raiding a star system it just raided a few days prior and left still in pieces or systems farther away that are smaller when there's closer systems with many more enemies for raiding.

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: January 24, 2022, 01:42:08 AM »

Thanks for the mod! All the art is great and most of the buildings and mechanics are very useful in a lot of situations. The privateer base is amazing with high command (alpha core) for max fleet size (297%) and nano for 100% quality with decent ship blueprints.

Privateers are good. Maybe too good for vanilla. I had 2 privateer bases on my previous game, and they absolutely wrecked everything that I was hostile to. Eventually, all of the core colonies got decivilized - took around 30 in-game cycles I think. Yoink'ing a pristine nanoforge just with a handful of soldiers after my privateers raided the colony was fun though :D

PS230VAC

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: January 24, 2022, 08:51:55 PM »

Would it be possible to add support for Lanestate Battleyards (it is basically a better Orbital Works), it is from the Blue - Extratential Lanestate Union mod?

Droll

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: January 25, 2022, 12:12:55 PM »

To be honest, [REDACTED] farming stops being a challenge and becomes a chore real fast. Automating that process with Kletkas is less about making money, but saving time. Why harvest your 50th [REDACTED] crop from your designated high-danger system when Chico hasn't been glassed yet?

Also, how close are Courier Ports to being fixed? I would enjoy not having to manually supply my Supercomputers+derelict industries like some barbarian.

Courier Ports seem very fixed to me to the point I didn't realize they were even broken. I use a courier port to send a single kletka alpha core from my stockpile directly to the industrial storage of the supercomputer every cycle. Works like a dream.

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: January 25, 2022, 12:19:07 PM »

Courier Ports seem very fixed to me to the point I didn't realize they were even broken. I use a courier port to send a single kletka alpha core from my stockpile directly to the industrial storage of the supercomputer every cycle. Works like a dream.

I tried to set up a template triangle, though after deconstruction, it stays at 0-delay for me. Had to recreate the route from deconstructor to forge every month. Aside from that, everything works fine as far as I can tell.

For the template triangle, I had to enable the 'template teleport' options in the end. I'd be fine if there was a middle ground - automatic courier handling for the templates would've been nice.

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: January 25, 2022, 03:47:17 PM »

They seem to start messing up after a decent number of repeated deliveries. I had mine set up to deliver Gammas from my storage to my Supercomputer every couple months and they eventually started failing despite the source and the destination literally orbiting the same ice giant.
I reported it before and Hartley acknowledged that it was bugged right now, but I don't see anything in the change log saying that it's been fixed.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 155