Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 156

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1258738 times)

renegade_sock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Industrial.Evolution 2.2.g - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #1080 on: October 03, 2021, 07:54:58 PM »

I guess I'm unlucky then haha. I look forward to your future updates :)

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: October 03, 2021, 11:00:54 PM »

What about some kind of Space Telescope structure? That depending from ai core installed gives you intel snippets about objects of interest in unexplored systems. So you get a clue where to look for research stations. Or The Bucket from Tahlan Shipworks, if you add a mod support for their stuff and Nia feels like it.
Also could have a structure/addon for high command that decrypts other fleet communications - it could reveal exact location/fleet composition of hostile expeditions, tell you where nexerelin Task Forces currently are and where they are going. So you could plan your operations better. Could also make intel for things like upcoming smugglers and high value trade fleets appear more frequently. Or even add new ones like VIP vessel or technology courier for player to intercept.

peterwy22

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: October 06, 2021, 05:18:32 AM »

Hi

Is there a config file that can adjust the chance for a hull forge planet to spawn? In my 2 play throughs I did not find a single planet with hull forge and only 1 with hull decon, everything else was rift gen and ancient lab.. Ironically I found a hull forge planet in a random system generated by the "Beyond the sector" mod.. Is the chance supposed to be this low?

Havoc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: October 06, 2021, 10:10:16 AM »

hi, do Í need a colony for supply vpc?
I have the vpc but no nanoforge yet, will it work also on a ship, or space storage?

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: October 06, 2021, 10:30:05 AM »

hi, do Í need a colony for supply vpc?
I have the vpc but no nanoforge yet, will it work also on a ship, or space storage?
You need a colony to use one. Normally. During exploration, on abandoned stations or planets with ruins you could find a still running commodity forge - you could use that one to burn a VPC of your choice to get lots of corresponding commodity immediately.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: October 07, 2021, 08:37:12 AM »

Found some issues here and there but I'm not gonna bother much unless someone is interested.
 Privateer bases are a great way to eradicate hostile markets (due to the instability and decivilization they cause) and your PC (due to the amount of fleets they spawn).
 Neuroconditioning Compounds' (Senate installable item) tooltip is incorrect, I was unable to issue edicts on a friendly colony within 12 lightyears, namely Salamanca with 69 reputation with Persean League (literally 'friendly') from the senate on Qaras which had 4 lightyears between them in that time.
 Restoration Docks is inconvenient to use, integrated AI captains aside, due to
  1. officers getting removed from ships in storage
  2. the need of lumping replacements around or waiting till end of the month for the repairs to finish.

Please help me with an issue that arose recently. To avoid incompatibility between Salvage Yards and Refining I moved Salvage Yards from the industrial moon to its hosting planet (by shutting down SY, rebuilding it on the planet along with a Heavy Industry) and quality bonuses are somehow void now. Fleets spawn with 4+ D-mods and custom production spits out junks. Reinstalling the nanoforge did not do squat and I have no idea how to fix this.
It turns out Salvage Yards messes up something if its built alongside a Heavy Industry which is not the main source of custom production and there is enough Salvage Points in it to generate additional output (eg. 40+ with an Alpha core).  According to tooltips, if HI next to SY is upgraded to Orbital Works then the 20% quality bonus gets taken into account but any item bonus will be ignored regardless from the main production facility.
Construction via SY is also not worth bothering with at this point, because even with 1500 Salvage Points available the budget limit is capped at 350000 credits, requires personal interaction with the colony and delivery takes 60 days in comparison to custom production that's at the end of the month so I guess shutting down SY is the only way for late game.

Well, maybe you could do that by taking currently installed hullmods into account on a ship set to deconstruct.
It does! It also checks what builds you have, what similar ships have, what you saved, what autofit does, what is currently in your fleet...
I tried to have it pick stuff that you can actually use, as it is very hard to get going and should therefore reward accordingly.
Hey, that's clever.
Tried it and this doesn't seem to be the case. Slapped Augmented Drive Field, Auxiliary Thrusters and Heavy Armor onto a Doom before deconstruction in hopes these would get built in. What happened is practically a facepalm, built in Eff. Overhaul, Expanded Missile Racks and Integrated Targeting Unit, which I have no build + no use for, and my previously selected mods are still there taking up OP. Rekt.
(So it completely ignored current and my saved loadout.)

[attachment deleted by admin]

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: October 07, 2021, 10:07:53 AM »

Found some issues here and there but I'm not gonna bother much unless someone is interested.
 Privateer bases are a great way to eradicate hostile markets (due to the instability and decivilization they cause) and your PC (due to the amount of fleets they spawn).
First to report this - and they spawn a single fleet (or a small amount of 3-4 if you have extreme fleet size) per 1-2 months. That's not enough to ruin performance by far!
 Neuroconditioning Compounds' (Senate installable item) tooltip is incorrect, I was unable to issue edicts on a friendly colony within 12 lightyears, namely Salamanca with 69 reputation with Persean League (literally 'friendly') from the senate on Qaras which had 4 lightyears between them in that time.
Friendly means your own, not another faction.
  2. the need of lumping replacements around or waiting till end of the month for the repairs to finish.
That's their point - they repair ships cheaper, but you gotta wait and use replacements...

It turns out Salvage Yards messes up something if its built alongside a Heavy Industry which is not the main source of custom production and there is enough Salvage Points in it to generate additional output (eg. 40+ with an Alpha core).  According to tooltips, if HI next to SY is upgraded to Orbital Works then the 20% quality bonus gets taken into account but any item bonus will be ignored regardless from the main production facility.
No idea what happened there, will look into it!

Construction via SY is also not worth bothering with at this point, because even with 1500 Salvage Points available the budget limit is capped at 350000 credits, requires personal interaction with the colony and delivery takes 60 days in comparison to custom production that's at the end of the month so I guess shutting down SY is the only way for late game.
It's not capped - you can always sacrifice ships. Their interaction custom production is more of a midgame thing, yes. Yards are still good for increasing budget and covering component demand, so no, shutting them down late game is your choice, but not the only option.

Tried it and this doesn't seem to be the case. Slapped Augmented Drive Field, Auxiliary Thrusters and Heavy Armor onto a Doom before deconstruction in hopes these would get built in. What happened is practically a facepalm, built in Eff. Overhaul, Expanded Missile Racks and Integrated Targeting Unit, which I have no build + no use for, and my previously selected mods are still there taking up OP. Rekt.
It takes it into account, it doesn't guarantee it - there are a lot of factors considered, it's a weighting algorithm.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: October 07, 2021, 01:15:53 PM »

First to report this - and they spawn a single fleet (or a small amount of 3-4 if you have extreme fleet size) per 1-2 months. That's not enough to ruin performance by far!
I missed the chance of taking screenshot of hyperspace filled with fleets, I assumed you are aware of this but I'll be probably able to do one in my home system where some of them return to - as performance is wrecked there too anytime they gather.
What fleet size you have? I got 469% on a size 4 colony using vanilla stuff only. Smallest size 234%, smallest raid 5 fleets, biggest size 527%, biggest raid 19 fleets, average 10 fleets. 60+ fleets this time and they all inevitably meet in the core worlds. Previously there were less (maybe 42) and that was enough to bring down FPS to around 40 for me. Imagine all privateer bases I built starting raids at once and there is no limit!

edit: reply split due to forum db errors
edit: new screenshot - please download to see text column on the right

« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 04:34:10 PM by Szasz »

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: October 07, 2021, 01:23:30 PM »

Friendly means your own, not another faction.
Friendly means friendly, own means own. Every owned colony is friendly towards you but not every friendly colony is your own. I suggest looking into both tooltips.
I'm curious what difference does the item make since I was always able to do this without the item - as the senate tooltip already suggests: issue edicts on my in-system colonies once I build this on any planet. Does not even have a 12ly limitation like the item.

edit: included both descriptions

« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 04:25:11 PM by Szasz »

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: October 07, 2021, 01:27:45 PM »

That's their point - they repair ships cheaper, but you gotta wait and use replacements...
All I'm saying if the functionality would be more streamlined then its usefulness would remain late game. There are two similar alternatives: Field Repairs and Derelict Contingent skill, both lets you skip the micromanagement of officers. In a game where I end up with unlimited credits, I'm gonna choose the lazy and expensive option, not RD, no matter how much I like its concept.

No idea what happened there, will look into it!
Thanks. Output incompatibility with HI and quality mishaps - these reasons make shutting down SY the only viable late game option. Once they are fixed, I guess it's fine.
Please tell me what the first Ship Components slider that does not do anything is for.

It's not capped - you can always sacrifice ships. Their interaction custom production is more of a midgame thing, yes. Yards are still good for increasing budget and covering component demand, so no, shutting them down late game is your choice, but not the only option.
Yes, see above, plus the micro required to acquire ships via recovery, purchase or custom production just to increase budget via scrapping is not a good selling point. Since you already need to own the blueprint for SY, you might as well produce target ship with any Heavy Industry, optionally restore it and sell Ship Components bloat - saves 60+ days and a lot of hassle.

Well, maybe you could do that by taking currently installed hullmods into account on a ship set to deconstruct.
It does! It also checks what builds you have, what similar ships have, what you saved, what autofit does, what is currently in your fleet...
I tried to have it pick stuff that you can actually use, as it is very hard to get going and should therefore reward accordingly.

It takes it into account, it doesn't guarantee it - there are a lot of factors considered, it's a weighting algorithm.
Well it didn't weigh my intention enough. Is there a sure-fire way to tell it what to build-in so I won't be playing a lottery game until I get what I want?

I know how receiving criticism is like when it comes to your work which is basically your baby so consider my input like this: I think the product can be made objectively better in the areas covered. Large picture: late game invalidates a number of options provided by your mod, what it changes is the journey getting there and this isn't made clear by the intro (original post). Players could've sticked to vanilla if they so desired.

edit: consolidated the rest
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 04:26:48 PM by Szasz »

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: October 07, 2021, 02:49:22 PM »

Hullforge just built-in Hardened Subsystems onto a Legion, while my chosen hull mods are there for their respective OP cost on the freshly produced ship.
I give up, this is a slot machine and a very bad one at that.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: October 09, 2021, 07:01:57 AM »

I tried out the rift generator to teleport my new colony to my main system, but i think something *** up, it opened the "artificial hyperspace tear" (super cool btw!) but i dont think it liked the fact it was a binary system?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 07:09:45 AM by Killsode »

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: October 10, 2021, 10:56:37 AM »

Hullforge just built-in Hardened Subsystems onto a Legion, while my chosen hull mods are there for their respective OP cost on the freshly produced ship.
I give up, this is a slot machine and a very bad one at that.
I mean, it gives you extra built-in hullmods. You can only have 3 of those per ship in vanilla and Decon/Forge can get that number all the way up to 6. Consider the gravity of that. It'd be insanely broken if you could just rig it to always get the exact mods you want, so it has to come at an equally steep price, which in this case is luck.

tindrli

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: October 18, 2021, 10:15:34 AM »

while exploring i found some "experimental" ship blueprints. Can anyone explain me how to produce and make them part of my fleet?
Leaving those blueprints in "hull deconstructor"  is not working. i must be doing something wrong

thanx in advance

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: October 19, 2021, 10:02:13 AM »

while exploring i found some "experimental" ship blueprints. Can anyone explain me how to produce and make them part of my fleet?
Leaving those blueprints in "hull deconstructor"  is not working. i must be doing something wrong

thanx in advance

Those are not blueprints, they are forge templates. As the mod author did not explain it in the OP, I'm sure it was not intended for you to just be told some of the things, so I will just say this for now: Try a different type of ruins. There are several, not just the one. Each have a different function, some having to do with forge templates. If the author wants to tell you outright, I'm sure he will(or somebody who cares less about spoiling what was blurred out in the OP). Until then, have fun exploring/colonizing!
"There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home."
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 156