Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 154

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1235895 times)

wilki24

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Industrial.Evolution 2.2.f - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #1050 on: September 08, 2021, 03:17:56 PM »

Where do you install a relay hypertransmitter?

I have one, but haven't found a way to actually use it.

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: September 08, 2021, 09:32:33 PM »

Where do you install a relay hypertransmitter?
I have one, but haven't found a way to actually use it.
it says on the item what building you can install it in. 

Question 2: This mod adds a total of 4 industry items. Quite amazed that you were able to find 10! To answer your question, however - no, you find the exact same amount of special items. The loot pool is slightly diluted by the items I added, so I made up for that with the special events, which give you "free" stuff that you wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

I said "special items" not "industry items"..  I found 10 of these 12 items before finding a nanoforge.
 1. vpc luxury goods
 2. vpc exo-armour suits
 3. vpc heavy machinery
 4. vpc ship components
 5. vpc supplies
 6. vpc exploration package
 7. vpc domestic goods
 8. soil nanites
 9. simulation engine
10. E.U.T.E.C.K
11. neuroconditioning compounds
12. relay hypertransmitter

It's a relevant and logical question to ask if nanoforges will spawn less with so many special items!

Please read the Embassy FAQ. Any rep loss with the target faction will get multiplied by 1.5, the impact will reduce the following months. This is explained in detail on the mod page.
I've read it, it doesn't really explain how I went from 100 faction with TT to 40 over the course of a year when I wasn't even in the same system as them for the entire time, let alone *** them off in anyway. That's why I'm confused. Similiar less extreme things have happened with Heg and Per factions, again without known causes. I've been off doing my own things not messing with these guys.

Kindly note my bug report, military relays are giving me "ai core installed bonus" while no-AI core is installed. (Though I've "improved" 1 high command in one of my systems)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 09:54:22 PM by geminitiger »

barackollama

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: September 08, 2021, 11:27:50 PM »

Hey I'm noticing in a clean install with only industrial evolution enabled (2.2.f) that nanoforges both add and subtract ship components from heavy industry. The tooltip (under units supplied) for Chicomoztoc's orbital works shows a +3 and -3 modifier to ship components due to their pristine nanoforge. is this intentional? If not, is there any way i can correct this in the code absent a hotfix?

Thanks! This is one of my favorite mods but that weird thing is making me scratch my head a little bit.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: September 09, 2021, 07:23:34 AM »

1. vpc luxury goods
 2. vpc exo-armour suits
 3. vpc heavy machinery
 4. vpc ship components
 5. vpc supplies
 6. vpc exploration package
 7. vpc domestic goods
 8. soil nanites
 9. simulation engine
10. E.U.T.E.C.K
11. neuroconditioning compounds
12. relay hypertransmitter

It's a relevant and logical question to ask if nanoforges will spawn less with so many special items!
Soil nanites are vanilla. So there are four new industry items total. These could dillute industry items pool a bit, but in practice vanilla affects the chance to find nanoforge much more then this mod does.
VPC chips got their own loot pool and does not affect nanoforge drop at all.

Hey I'm noticing in a clean install with only industrial evolution enabled (2.2.f) that nanoforges both add and subtract ship components from heavy industry. The tooltip (under units supplied) for Chicomoztoc's orbital works shows a +3 and -3 modifier to ship components due to their pristine nanoforge. is this intentional? If not, is there any way i can correct this in the code absent a hotfix?

Thanks! This is one of my favorite mods but that weird thing is making me scratch my head a little bit.
IIRC that's how Orbital Works are supposed to work now after IndEvo rebalance of quality. You are supposed to have a supply line of salvaged components now to get the top quality. Which means you must have Salvage Yards yourself or have an allied faction (like indies) to supply the neccessary volume of components. Without Orbital Works you may want to actually stop the growth of your shipyard colony at some point to avoid shortages or invest into your own Salvage Yard.

barackollama

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: September 09, 2021, 11:09:31 PM »

IIRC that's how Orbital Works are supposed to work now after IndEvo rebalance of quality. You are supposed to have a supply line of salvaged components now to get the top quality. Which means you must have Salvage Yards yourself or have an allied faction (like indies) to supply the neccessary volume of components. Without Orbital Works you may want to actually stop the growth of your shipyard colony at some point to avoid shortages or invest into your own Salvage Yard.

Oh yeah, I understand how HI and OW are supposed to work with regards to ship components. The thing that is confusing me is the fact that nanoforges, when installed, both increase and decrease the supply of ship components by the same amount, +1,-1 for corrupted, +3,-3 for pristine. That's what strikes me as odd, because it sort of defeats some of the purpose of those nanoforges w.r.t. ship quality calculations.

MrMagolor

• Lieutenant
  • So-called translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: September 10, 2021, 02:18:24 PM »

Another bug - if you have stellar shades/mirrors in orbit of a planet with a Rift Generator (in this case, courtesy of DIY Planets) you will be unable to activate the rift generator due to interference.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: September 10, 2021, 04:13:05 PM »

Oh yeah, I understand how HI and OW are supposed to work with regards to ship components. The thing that is confusing me is the fact that nanoforges, when installed, both increase and decrease the supply of ship components by the same amount, +1,-1 for corrupted, +3,-3 for pristine. That's what strikes me as odd, because it sort of defeats some of the purpose of those nanoforges w.r.t. ship quality calculations.
Reason for that is to keep demand and supply in balance - since pristine nanoforges increase the output by 3 flat, and every modded faction and their mother seems to have one, it would immediately lead to an oversupply of a commodity that is supposed to have only very few sources - so I cancelled the bonus out.
It's a suboptimal choice for gameplay reasons over lore :/

Another bug - if you have stellar shades/mirrors in orbit of a planet with a Rift Generator (in this case, courtesy of DIY Planets) you will be unable to activate the rift generator due to interference.
It's not a bug when I write a legit message telling you what's wrong and why.
Mirrors and shades are moveable only with severe jank due to the way they are spawned by other mods, disabling the generator when they are present was the best way to handle this - my other attempts caused orphaned mirrors everywhere, or they just vanished.

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: September 12, 2021, 08:42:04 AM »

Is it just me, or do Courier Ports don't work properly?
I created a contract to restock a Supercomputer with a Gamma Core from my main storage every three months. It seemed to work fine at first, but eventually, I got an intel log saying that the Supercomputer was running out of cores. I never noticed a message saying that a delivery failed, but I assumed the couriers were attacked on the way, even if that seemed unlikely since the storage and the destination were literally orbiting the same ice giant. Anyway, I figured I could do without the income bonus for a couple months and just continued exploring. After getting a couple logs saying that my Supercomputer was starving, I got an entry about the next Gamma Core delivery, soon followed by an entry saying that it was successful and guess what? I got no message saying that the Supercomputer picked it up and kept getting messages that it was still hungry. The "deliveries" that followed months later showed the same results.
Spoiler for exploration content, still Courier Port-related
Though I'm not as certain about this one, I also tried using the Courier Port for interstellar deliveries between Hull Forges, Ancient Labs, and Hull Deconstructors, and I'm fairly sure I lost a couple printed ships and Forge Templates while doing so, possibly the same way I lost the Gammas.
[close]
Needless to say, I have built up enough of a paranoia of the ports that I do the deliveries myself now.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: September 12, 2021, 10:49:43 AM »

Is it just me, or do Courier Ports don't work properly?
I created a contract to restock a Supercomputer with a Gamma Core from my main storage every three months. It seemed to work fine at first, but eventually, I got an intel log saying that the Supercomputer was running out of cores. I never noticed a message saying that a delivery failed, but I assumed the couriers were attacked on the way, even if that seemed unlikely since the storage and the destination were literally orbiting the same ice giant. Anyway, I figured I could do without the income bonus for a couple months and just continued exploring. After getting a couple logs saying that my Supercomputer was starving, I got an entry about the next Gamma Core delivery, soon followed by an entry saying that it was successful and guess what? I got no message saying that the Supercomputer picked it up and kept getting messages that it was still hungry. The "deliveries" that followed months later showed the same results.
Spoiler for exploration content, still Courier Port-related
Though I'm not as certain about this one, I also tried using the Courier Port for interstellar deliveries between Hull Forges, Ancient Labs, and Hull Deconstructors, and I'm fairly sure I lost a couple printed ships and Forge Templates while doing so, possibly the same way I lost the Gammas.
[close]
Needless to say, I have built up enough of a paranoia of the ports that I do the deliveries myself now.
This is something I'm currently actively looking into. The ports sometimes jank out for no apparent reason, so I'm overhauling how they work.
Sorry for any items you have lost - avoiding them right now is a good call if you run into continuous trouble!

wilki24

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: September 17, 2021, 06:11:19 PM »

Would it be possible to make the Salvage Yard hull-picking dialog scrollable?

I'm currently looking at this: https://i.imgur.com/Pat9nzy.png

I know I have a much larger fleet size than normal, but I thought I'd ask in case it's not too difficult.

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: September 21, 2021, 08:19:31 PM »

In the description of sensor relays it says it acts as a patrol HQ until it's built.
I'm guessing this means it provides patrols, not that it actually functions as a patrol HQ that provides stability and ground defense?
I would hope that's the case and appears to be so but I'm just looking for clarification.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Industrial.Evolution 2.2.g - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #1061 on: September 23, 2021, 10:58:10 AM »

Save Compatible with 2.2.

Integrated with Version Checker
Requires MagicLib
Pairs well with Grand.Colonies

Small maintenance update to fix the known issues in the wake of me picking up work of this again.

Change Log
2.2.g
  • General
  • Adjusted - Normal Storage now gets unlocked for free if ships/carge are transferred in case of IndEvo storage removal (Resto docks...)
  • Fixed - Commerce no longer instantly finishes building after reloading the game
  • Fixed - Rare crash after salvaging a wreck
  • Fixed - Unimplemented special items should no longer be available via the Historian (Emphasis - should)
  • Fixed - Starpocalypse no longer applies D-Mods to ships in the repair docks
  • Fixed - Starpocalypse no longer regulates the inventory of the Requisitions Centre
  • Centralization Bureau
  • Fixed - Now works for the Manufactory
  • Fixed - Now properly recognizes Heavy Industry and Orbital Works
  • Senate
  • Fixed - Edict Tooltips again
  • Military/Interstellar Relay
  • Adjusted - Will now properly spawn patrols if only military building on the market
  • Adjusted - Can no longer improve with story points (was causing issues)
  • Salvage Yards
  • Adjusted - Added a base budget of 75.000 (any output is in addition to that)
  • Adjusted - Reduced the required amount of Relic Components (3 per DP -> 2 per DP)
  • Fixed - Now has budget to custom produce ships if HI is present on the planet
  • World Wonders
  • Fixed - Typos
  • Exploration
  • Fixed - Forge Templates can no longer resolve into (D) hulls
  • Fixed - Player Faction can no longer be a choice in the "Rumors" salvage Event
  • Derelict Industries
  • Fixed - Ancient Lab can no longer suddenly change bonus commodities
  • Fixed - Ancient Lab now properly applies production bonus on save load
  • Fixed - Ancient Lab now applies bonus output to Manufactory
[close]

SneakyDevil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: September 24, 2021, 03:24:53 PM »

Updated to (not a new save) the new IE version. OW and HI still not working together for the CB bonus.

Edit: I refreshed all the industries involved and its still not working
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 03:59:58 PM by SneakyDevil »

RainmanUSMC

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: September 24, 2021, 05:09:12 PM »

Uhm, I think I might have broken one of my planets. I tried to teleport it closer to one of my other colonies and now it is lost in hyperspace.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: September 24, 2021, 05:16:27 PM »

Uhm, I think I might have broken one of my planets. I tried to teleport it closer to one of my other colonies and now it is lost in hyperspace.
Industrial Evolution has a planetary teleport?!
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 154