Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 154

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1225744 times)

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Industrial.Evolution 2.2.f - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #1005 on: July 28, 2021, 02:12:16 PM »

How are you this bad at counting
Weakest attempt I've seen all year, but it did make me laugh, so good on you.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: July 28, 2021, 03:03:32 PM »

What file do I edit and where in the file is the line to give the alpha core the proper bonuses, because I think I read a tooltip that said gamma and beta cores give bonuses that the alpha core doesn't, which is absolute horse-***
Also get *** rid of that second line it holds no water
How are you this bad at counting

This kind of behavior towards other forum members will not be tolerated. Please familiarize yourself with the forum rules, and please consider this an official warning.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: July 28, 2021, 03:35:13 PM »

Rumors say that whenever one of these angry yahoos finds their way to this thread, the eyebrows of the dog in SirHartley's pic angle inwards by 1 degree.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: July 29, 2021, 05:49:31 AM »

Reverse engineering and the printing chain are entirely seperate from each other. You can not use printed ships for reverse engineering in any way.

i meant by reverse engineering the hull forge line, with reverse engineering being the hull deconstructor or hull forge, or whatever the thing is called
I see! To answer the question, then - since printed ships can't be deconstructed again, the limit for total S-Mods is 6 - 3 from vanilla, 3 from the Forge - any additional mods notwithstanding.

ahh, i see. well, that is  balanced, i guess, heh. so i cannot have infinite ships by just deconstructing one ship, nor reverse engineer more ships with the actual reverse engineering hub either. well, thanks for explaining sir!

i guess no ziggurats for all my patrolls

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: July 30, 2021, 03:05:05 AM »

A slight annoyance when using the salvage yards:
The maximum order value appears to be capped at the lower of the actual maximum and your budget.
I have sufficient parts such that I could produce the hull in question with the 50% discount, but I can't select to reduce the cost using parts until I select a hull, and I can't select the hull because I can't afford it at full price.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: July 30, 2021, 03:27:00 AM »

ahh, i see. well, that is  balanced, i guess, heh. so i cannot have infinite ships by just deconstructing one ship, nor reverse engineer more ships with the actual reverse engineering hub either. well, thanks for explaining sir!

I really wish we could either use the forge to make reverse engineering of somewhat rare craft more feasible (it's pretty much impossible unless you run into LOTS of that particular ship) or at least reverse engineer weapons. As it is I don't think I've ever produced a BP via reverse engineering.

Though now I'm wondering, I guess you can't reverse engineer automated ships just because you can stick them into a disassembler, right?

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: July 30, 2021, 03:30:22 AM »

I really wish we could either use the forge to make reverse engineering of somewhat rare craft more feasible (it's pretty much impossible unless you run into LOTS of that particular ship) or at least reverse engineer weapons. As it is I don't think I've ever produced a BP via reverse engineering.
Bwah? It only takes three capital ships to produce a BP, and iirc something like 9 frigates.

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: July 30, 2021, 08:50:30 AM »

Bwah? It only takes three capital ships to produce a BP, and iirc something like 9 frigates.
it also only takes 3 capital ships to fill all the DP you have per battle, if you have an overwhelming amount of ships. you might not even be able to deploy 3 of a capital class ship if you are equal or outnumbered

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: July 30, 2021, 10:43:09 AM »

That's a lot to me, basically limits it to ships of a faction you fight regularly.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: August 02, 2021, 08:04:44 AM »

I'm getting a "Maximum number of industries exceeded" penalty on this planet. The ruins are upgrading into an Ancient Laboratory. If I cancel the upgrade the penalty goes away.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: August 02, 2021, 09:04:43 AM »

Well yes: Ancient Laboratory is an industry...
Nope, only Hull Forge is. The other ruins structures aren't.

hollow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: August 08, 2021, 03:22:42 AM »

Im kinda confused on how to use the hullforge and what it does
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 03:44:25 AM by hollow »

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: August 08, 2021, 06:43:29 AM »

Im kinda confused on how to use the hullforge and what it does
It does nothing on its own, you have to find certain items to use with it. They're fairly obvious if you find any.

hollow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: August 08, 2021, 02:10:18 PM »

yea I know you need to find those empty forge templates but when I but them inside the industry they do nothing
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 154