Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 154

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1235917 times)

Killian

• Commander
  • I got 99 problems but a core breach ain't one.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Industrial.Evolution 2.2.f - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #915 on: June 09, 2021, 12:20:32 AM »

I have a question about an item, I'll put it in a spoiler just incase

Spoiler
It's about the item for the relays/military base, one of the effects says it allows construction of a relay without a military base right? But the odd thing is that I need a military base to install it in the first place, so I'm confused if I'm doing something wrong here
[close]

If you have only one planet, Relays are useless. Where they come in is if you have lots of colonies in a single system, e.g.;
Planet A: Very Hot world with a Military Base & Cryoarithmetic Engine + Alpha Core
Planet B: Barren world with Orbital Works & Pristine Nanoforge + Alpha Core + Military Relay
Planet C: Terran world with Military Relay

In Vanilla, planets A & C benefit from Planet B's Orbital Works, but need independent Patrol Bases (or Military Bases) to field their own fleets. With Industrial Evolution, Planets B & C now benefit from Planet A's Cryoarithmetic Engine & Alpha Core, without needing their own full-size Bases. Relays also allow you to free up fixed-position slots in the event that your system has less than 3-4, which plays nicely with TASC's ability to build your own gates and domain-tier relays/arrays/buoys.
No-one mentioned Military Relays?

Disregard that post, I wasn't entirely awake.

I'm not sure what other Relay they could be referring to though. Comm Relays don't need military bases to begin with, and Military Relays are another feature from this mod.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: June 09, 2021, 12:26:13 AM »

I'm not sure what other Relay they could be referring to though. Comm Relays don't need military bases to begin with, and Military Relays are another feature from this mod.
Spoiler
It's an installable item for military bases and fleet command hq's. With a listed effect that's oddly redundant.
[close]

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 09, 2021, 03:36:26 AM »

So, on the relays - there is a good amount of misunderstanding going on, which is expected for a structure this complicated.

The normal build requirement for Relays is:
- A Military Base or High Command in the Star System

This means you can build relays on any planet in the star system as long as there is a military base on any planet in the system, and they will benefit from the largest fleet size in the network, regardless of where that is (highest bonus does not have to be the planet with the base).

With the interstellar Relay, the network extends to any other system with an interstellar relay, but you still need a military base in that second system to build it in the first place.

With the item, the build requirement is:
- A military Base or High command with the installed item, anywhere in the sector

Which means you can build the relays in another system without a military base or high command.
Which allows you to build it in systems with only one planet and without a military base, saving you an industry slot and transferring the network shared fleet size bonus to that planet (if the relay is an interstellar relay)

Relays are still the most powerful building in this mod, and the nerf to them via the item was absolutely necessary.
If there are more questions as to the function of them, please read the FAQ entries for both military and interstellar relays first.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 09, 2021, 03:54:56 AM »

Oh I see, it's a global easing of requirements!
That makes sense now.

Maybe add something like "across the sector" to the item's description?

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 09, 2021, 01:18:08 PM »

so, how do repair docks work? I've dropped off 6 ships (3 with 1 dmod, 3 with several) at the docks in maxios then went & smuggled for a while, came back & noticed nothing was repaired, so I parked my fleet into storage, got into an skite, filled it with supplies then parked myself in the astroid belt & threw a bouncy ball at the wall for some 3 months and as far as I can tell none of the ships have been repaired & I havent been charged for having the ships sitting in there (tho I am being charged for having my fleet in storage while I wait -- went from 600k to 500k while waiting). What am I missing here? Does the fact that independants hate my guts make a difference?
Also, while I was waiting a friendly fleet attacked maxios so I went & got my fleet out of storage, loaded up marines, joined them in capturing the station & I took it over then discovered that the repair docks tab in the ship menu was gone & so were all the ships I had sitting in there so I had to load a save I made before I did that

edit: PS, amazing mod. So far & above the quality of the scope of what most mods are capable of doing -- not just for this game but mods for games in general. In fact, as far as I can tell, a lot of the stuff added in this mod is grander in coding ambition than the base games itself
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 01:23:46 PM by Deshara »
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: June 09, 2021, 01:26:19 PM »

The relationship you have with the dock owners definitely effects something, I remember seeing that much on a tooltip somewhere, but I couldn't tell you what, or if it could result in what you experienced.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 09, 2021, 02:37:43 PM »

so, how do repair docks work? I've dropped off 6 ships (3 with 1 dmod, 3 with several) at the docks in maxios then went & smuggled for a while, came back & noticed nothing was repaired, so I parked my fleet into storage, got into an skite, filled it with supplies then parked myself in the astroid belt & threw a bouncy ball at the wall for some 3 months and as far as I can tell none of the ships have been repaired & I havent been charged for having the ships sitting in there (tho I am being charged for having my fleet in storage while I wait -- went from 600k to 500k while waiting). What am I missing here? Does the fact that independants hate my guts make a difference?
Also, while I was waiting a friendly fleet attacked maxios so I went & got my fleet out of storage, loaded up marines, joined them in capturing the station & I took it over then discovered that the repair docks tab in the ship menu was gone & so were all the ships I had sitting in there so I had to load a save I made before I did that

edit: PS, amazing mod. So far & above the quality of the scope of what most mods are capable of doing -- not just for this game but mods for games in general. In fact, as far as I can tell, a lot of the stuff added in this mod is grander in coding ambition than the base games itself
Okay, so, the docks have their own storage area, right? If you put everything in there, and it did not repair it on month end, there is 3 options -
1) You are hostile to the faction that owns the planet, in which case they refuse to repair your ships (unless they are pirates, who don't care), but you can still take them out to avoid "hardlocking" them.

2) You are not hostile, on an old version, and put in ships with only a special kind of (pre-specified) D-Mods that the docks can't repair due to a code issue.

3) something broke horribly.

I took it over then discovered that the repair docks tab in the ship menu was gone & so were all the ships I had sitting in there so I had to load a save I made before I did that
That's definitely a bug. First off, it should not have vanished on takeover, and the contents of that storage should have been moved to your colony storage tab if it had - I specifically made a fail safe to avoid ever purging a ship in there.

Also, I wonder why it billed you for the storage, it shouldn't - will look into that.
Thank you for the report and the kind words!

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 09, 2021, 02:49:21 PM »

for clarity; A) I am extremely hostile to independants, as noted by the fact that in the middle of this process I helped an ally blow up & take over the station B) maxios didnt bill me for the storage of the ships I was trying to repair, kanta's den billed me for the storage of the ships I wasn't trying to repair while I waited for the repairs to happen. Basically the billing thing is completely unrelated, I never got billed for the ships I was trying to repair, ignore the billing issue C) maybe the defining factor of the ships vanishing was that I never bought storage rights on Maxios? Never bought it bc I was using kantas den for storage
also holy *** according to my save files I waited 5 months for these repairs. glad I saved before I waited
Anyway it seems the issue I was having with the ships not repairing is solved; I'm gonna load my save, pull my fleet out of the maxios repair docks, mothball em then drag them over to mayasura, then go blow maxios up while I wait for my pirate friends to repair them. Thanks!
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

bob888w

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 09, 2021, 08:37:03 PM »

Anyplace where I can see all the new colony items added by Ind_Evo aside from spawning them?

DecoyGrenadeOut

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: June 10, 2021, 03:31:43 AM »

Hello, I got another error trying to load a save, seperate from the last one - I started a new save since the last error. This save was made just before I activated the rift structure to see what it does.
I've included the error message into a text file because it's too long to be posted in this reply.

I also got a bug where when I put ships with 1 d-mod into the Repair Dock at Nova Maxios, at the end of the month, I get billed but my ship remains at 1 d-mod, just changed, e.g. Erractic Fuel Injector to Increased Maintenance, Structural Damage to Damage Weapons Mounts and so on, I haven't tested on other dockyards because I don't want to get scammed again.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 03:34:15 AM by DecoyGrenadeOut »

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: June 10, 2021, 11:46:00 AM »

okay I do have what appears to be an actual bug to report.
I've been smuggling drugs to pay for repair docks for a long time (just checked, 2 years), went back to the docks to see which of my ships were Done, and every ship has 1 dmod left. Came back a few months later & they were all still nearly done.
I'm gonna take a screenshot of the repair dock screen, save, copy that save to my desktop, go smuggle drugs for a bit more, take a screenshot of the funds coming out of my account then go back & take another screenshot of none of the ships having actually been repaired. If this is actually a bug & not something obscure but intended happening, since I've been in this holding pattern for over 2 in-game years & its taking hundreds of thousands out of my account every month I've had somewhere in the tune of millions of credit go into a hole.
& Ive checked, Im cooperative with the pirates whose repair docks im using

screens showing the issue. sorry for the jank https://imgur.com/a/bn0CuCy
I'm uploading the save & mod folder now but it'll take all day so I'll post it in a reply to this thread if OP says he wants them

Nuggnugg

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: June 11, 2021, 09:04:01 AM »

Amazing mod, but i think i've enocuntered some bugs.

Bug 1: Built an embassy and placed an ambassador from my comission-faction in it. The ambassador is stuck in "The ambassador is currently taking office, please wait a day for this to finish" permanently and when i try to shut down the ebassy building i get an error message and my game crashes (i cannot remove it with console commands either).

Bug 2: Build a senate. Started an edict on 1 market, but after loading in later it is now an active edict on all of my markets. After shutting down the senate all the edicts gave me massive unrest on all markets when loading the save.

Bug 3: I'm not sure if this is related to this mod, but my orbital works buldings fleet quality modifier gets a -15% -15% and -8% quality modifier because of "ship component demand not met", even though the market produces 5 ship components and demands 3 (these modifiers go away when i uninstall the pristine nanoforge).

This is the error message i get when trying to remove the stuck embassy.
Spoiler
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.ambassadorPlugins.IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager.g etOriginalMarket(IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager.java:349)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.ambassadorRules.IndEvo_ambassadorRem oval.removeAmbassadorWithPenalty(IndEvo_ambassadorRemoval.java:33)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.IndEvo_embassy.notifyBeingRemoved(IndEvo_embassy.java:296)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market.removeIndustry(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.forsuper.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Oo0O.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.o0oO.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.o0oO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Stringsuper.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: June 11, 2021, 09:44:22 AM »

okay I do have what appears to be an actual bug to report.
I've been smuggling drugs to pay for repair docks for a long time (just checked, 2 years), went back to the docks to see which of my ships were Done, and every ship has 1 dmod left. Came back a few months later & they were all still nearly done.
I'm gonna take a screenshot of the repair dock screen, save, copy that save to my desktop, go smuggle drugs for a bit more, take a screenshot of the funds coming out of my account then go back & take another screenshot of none of the ships having actually been repaired. If this is actually a bug & not something obscure but intended happening, since I've been in this holding pattern for over 2 in-game years & its taking hundreds of thousands out of my account every month I've had somewhere in the tune of millions of credit go into a hole.
& Ive checked, Im cooperative with the pirates whose repair docks im using

screens showing the issue. sorry for the jank https://imgur.com/a/bn0CuCy
I'm uploading the save & mod folder now but it'll take all day so I'll post it in a reply to this thread if OP says he wants them
Thank you for the in depth report, I'll look into this!
No quick fix unfortunately.

Amazing mod, but i think i've enocuntered some bugs.

Bug 1: Built an embassy and placed an ambassador from my comission-faction in it. The ambassador is stuck in "The ambassador is currently taking office, please wait a day for this to finish" permanently and when i try to shut down the ebassy building i get an error message and my game crashes (i cannot remove it with console commands either).

Bug 2: Build a senate. Started an edict on 1 market, but after loading in later it is now an active edict on all of my markets. After shutting down the senate all the edicts gave me massive unrest on all markets when loading the save.

Bug 3: I'm not sure if this is related to this mod, but my orbital works buldings fleet quality modifier gets a -15% -15% and -8% quality modifier because of "ship component demand not met", even though the market produces 5 ship components and demands 3 (these modifiers go away when i uninstall the pristine nanoforge).

This is the error message i get when trying to remove the stuck embassy.
Spoiler
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.ambassadorPlugins.IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager.g etOriginalMarket(IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager.java:349)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.ambassadorRules.IndEvo_ambassadorRem oval.removeAmbassadorWithPenalty(IndEvo_ambassadorRemoval.java:33)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.IndEvo_embassy.notifyBeingRemoved(IndEvo_embassy.java:296)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market.removeIndustry(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.forsuper.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Oo0O.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.o0oO.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.o0oO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Stringsuper.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
You are on an old version, please update the mod. that won't fix the ambassafor issue unfortunately, that's broken :|
But it will fix all your other issues!

Paper Kite

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: June 11, 2021, 10:57:51 AM »

I feel like military relays are a bit OP, so I don't use them at all.

Kinda busted how you can have a system with 10+ planets and each of them have the equivalent of a +100% + Alpha AI High Command just because 1 single planet has it and you build something.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: June 11, 2021, 11:09:07 AM »

I feel like military relays are a bit OP, so I don't use them at all.

Kinda busted how you can have a system with 10+ planets and each of them have the equivalent of a +100% + Alpha AI High Command just because 1 single planet has it and you build something.
... You realise at best the Military Relay gives +60% of your largest, right?
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 154