Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 156

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1262379 times)

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Industrial.Evolution 2.2.b - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #810 on: May 11, 2021, 02:20:08 AM »

Certain planets with ruins on them can also have Old Industrial Ruins, whose purpose you can only discover upon colonizing the planet.
Spoiler
A couple of these are the Hull Forge and Hull Deconstructor, the former of which uses Forge Templates and the latter can make them, with proper dues paid anyhow. If you want a planet just for the ruins, you can settle a colony, check what the Old Industrial Ruins were, then Abandon the colony if it's not what you want (or if you want to cheese it, just reload a save). There's no such thing as max colonies when you have AI cores!
[close]

Thanks, my mistake. I was sure that a maximum of a certain number of colonies was possible (maximum 3 under my control + 3 administrators, I completely forgot about the AI cores). Thanks again.

Ezene

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: May 12, 2021, 05:07:33 PM »

If a planet with ruins generates Ruined Infrastructure that upgrades into a World Symbol, upgrading it into that World Symbol does not award a Story Point like building one from scratch does. Is this intentional?

Edit to not doublepost: also, minor, the Restoration Docks are mislabeling the effects of an Alpha Core as from a Gamma Core.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 07:52:57 PM by Ezene »

bob888w

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: May 12, 2021, 08:09:05 PM »

Spoiler
198466 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
198499 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
198499 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
198541 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
198541 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
199078 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.specialforces.SpecialForcesIntel  - Picking task for Persean League task group
200021 [Thread-7] INFO  sound.O  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
200401 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
200402 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.null  - Playing music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
200664 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.ambassadorPlugins.IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager.l ogRepChange(IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager.java:119)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.ambassadorPlugins.IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager.o nNewDay(IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager.java:95)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.timers.IndEvo_TimeTracker.onNewDay(IndEvo_TimeTracker.java:136)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.timers.IndEvo_TimeTracker.advance(IndEvo_TimeTracker.java:117)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

I'm running an older  version of Industrial Evolution, running into an  issue with ambassadors it seems but i'm not sure

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: May 13, 2021, 03:41:26 AM »

If a planet with ruins generates Ruined Infrastructure that upgrades into a World Symbol, upgrading it into that World Symbol does not award a Story Point like building one from scratch does. Is this intentional?

Edit to not doublepost: also, minor, the Restoration Docks are mislabeling the effects of an Alpha Core as from a Gamma Core.
Spoiler
[close]
Fixed, and Fixed! Thank you for the reports!

Spoiler
198466 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
199078 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.specialforces.SpecialForcesIntel  - Picking task for Persean League task group
200021 [Thread-7] INFO  sound.O  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
200401 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
200402 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.null  - Playing music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
200664 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.ambassadorPlugins.IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager.l ogRepChange(IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager.java:119)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.ambassadorPlugins.IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager.o nNewDay(IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager.java:95)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.timers.IndEvo_TimeTracker.onNewDay(IndEvo_TimeTracker.java:136)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.timers.IndEvo_TimeTracker.advance(IndEvo_TimeTracker.java:117)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

I'm running an older  version of Industrial Evolution, running into an  issue with ambassadors it seems but i'm not sure
this has been fixed for like three versions.

Blacknsilver

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: May 13, 2021, 07:46:55 AM »

Military ships sometimes get militarized subsystems as a bonus s-mod from the automated ship construction (forge templates + deconstructor building + alpha core). I think this is a bug?

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: May 13, 2021, 02:23:04 PM »

Military ships sometimes get militarized subsystems as a bonus s-mod from the automated ship construction (forge templates + deconstructor building + alpha core). I think this is a bug?
Yup, bug, and fixed for dev. Thanks for the report!

FERNANDOHYDE

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: May 14, 2021, 10:37:14 AM »

Any chance of an option to have engineering hubs just spawn the blueprint instead of needing to overwrite an existing one?

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: May 14, 2021, 02:39:24 PM »

Any chance of an option to have engineering hubs just spawn the blueprint instead of needing to overwrite an existing one?
No.

123nick

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: May 14, 2021, 09:03:07 PM »

I get a Null error when interracting with an abandoned siphon station in uh... Yma? i think its the system with Mayasura, or Mairaath. Might be wrong- but anyways,

Heres the log: https://gist.github.com/cc4e61e421a4763d990071ea533476e3

and my mod list: https://gist.github.com/0922c5f11a669927adb7ea87cdfd076a

some of the mods are from the 0.95 unofficial update zip file mega link- i dont have anything for 0.91 in this 0.95 set up.

Im thinking it might be Foundation of Borken, since it has a unique interaction as markets (including the abandaoned stations) that lets u set up a PCR- universally accessible storage thing, i think. and because im a pirate and inhospitable too Foundation of Borken, it might not be allowing me too do that, but smth along the way is bugged.... idk.

EDIT: On further testing, its not Foundation of Borken. Spawning in Yma, and going too the Abandoned Siphon Station, spawns an error.  Ill test with Nexerelin (for yma start), Ind Evo, and Magiclib/lazylib/etc only and see if i still get the same error.

heres the log without Foundation of Borken (and ICE aswell but for another seperate issue): https://gist.github.com/d20ef96d201ede5aefd3fa4293f7d7a1

EDIT 2: Ok, testing it with ONLY nexerelin, lazylib, Magiclib, and IndEvo, i get the same error when interacting iwth abandoned siphon station.
New Log: https://gist.github.com/380823f1fc24e5b1bba50ae85a5f2ee2

« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 12:22:20 PM by 123nick »

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: May 15, 2021, 03:02:07 PM »

Hm, would be useful if we could mothball relic industries somehow? Having a hull forge on a planet but currently no forge templates left and no ability to swap that forge for a money generating industry without permanently losing it kinda sucks.

Crabby

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: May 16, 2021, 09:20:49 AM »

Hello, Mayasura Star System's Abandoned Astropolis shows text: "NullPointerException: Null"
Picture: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XkAPELziV4W0JaBlJD_ZksSiPkpg0zxx/view?usp=sharing

Is it missing some text? I figured it might be caused by Industrial evolution because I saw in starsector.log the following line:
Code
[Thread-3] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.super  - Problem with command of class com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.IndEvo_requiresColonyMenuPoint: null

This is as far as my investigative skills and knowledge goes, so It could be a conflict with other mod that modifies that dialog screen.  ???

Here's my system and mod list: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z6fcaGDX4xm9UpBO_DTGqe64pQXhqc3ak4Varkd-3a8/edit?usp=sharing

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: May 16, 2021, 11:34:54 AM »

Regarding the nullpointer - yup, yup, I know. It's fixed in the next version.
Don't worry about it, it doesn't affect anything.

Hm, would be useful if we could mothball relic industries somehow? Having a hull forge on a planet but currently no forge templates left and no ability to swap that forge for a money generating industry without permanently losing it kinda sucks.
Most of my industries have an AI core that reduces upkeep. I forget if the Forge does, but vanilla also doesn't let you "mothball" Ground defences or Patrol HQ while it's not fighting anything.

I have said so before - yes, it's an investment, but you can easily get a profitable colony even if you only have 3 slots - or 4, if you take the stability penalty (consider an edict to counteract it, maybe).

Crabby

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: May 16, 2021, 12:05:04 PM »

I figured it wasn't critical bug, but just had to make sure and that red text was annoying me.  :D

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: May 16, 2021, 01:07:45 PM »

Most of my industries have an AI core that reduces upkeep. I forget if the Forge does, but vanilla also doesn't let you "mothball" Ground defences or Patrol HQ while it's not fighting anything.

I have said so before - yes, it's an investment, but you can easily get a profitable colony even if you only have 3 slots - or 4, if you take the stability penalty (consider an edict to counteract it, maybe).
On a size 6 maybe but when you set up a new colony to claim that ruin you're likely at 1-2 slots when you build that facility. In terms of "mothballing" I was thinking basically downgrading it to ruin status again, like you can downgrade a military base to a patrol HQ. With any other industry I can tear it down and build another one, then rebuild it again later. With a ruin it doesn't look like I can rebuild the thing after shutting it down?

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: May 16, 2021, 01:44:34 PM »

Well, if you destroy priceless pre-collapse infrastructure that you barely know how to use and are completely unable to replicate, re-building it might be a bit hard.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 156