Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 154

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1236039 times)

Ramdat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Industrial.Evolution 2.1.b - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #735 on: April 23, 2021, 05:35:46 PM »

Your I-Ching reading: "Is it better for me to not comment on your points, since I can't read that without getting annoyed at you, and I prefer catching the meaning instead of the word for my improvement cards." [note: 'is it better' = please advise
The "I-Ching" spelling is based on a romanization system that is over 100 years old. It would be more appropriate to call it "Yi Jing", following the modern hanyu pinyin.

Sozzer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: April 23, 2021, 06:06:54 PM »

You guessed my gender correctly - call it a difference of tonal reading. I thought it sounded quite reasonable and there was no malicious critique intended. Just: "this seems redundant, here's a suggestion for making the system an Empire-wide +% bonus rather than a dedicated single hull production thing".

haha yes guess i will read all that

here's the thing, though
that's not what you said.
"this could be better if you did x, y is a problem, and z probably needs changing" would have been vastly nicer than than "no-one is ever going to remember to do this, this entire function is insane to most people, you're wasting my time with a function i don't have to use in any way, but i'm guessing english might be your second language based on nothing more than a communication mixup on my end the kind of word ordering mistake native speakers make too from time to time when tired or otherwise not focused on writing, so take it as a compliment"

look at the post where he first quoted you - right near the bottom, you may notice a quote from someone else where they gave much the same feedback, but in a far nicer form
it really isn't hard
you really can do it

as someone who has come off purely as a *** before when not meaning to, the trick is to look at what you're saying and ask yourself: if someone said all this to me, without any context on intent or tone beyond what's written, how would i feel?

(and just as an aside: as much as you insisted on it at the start, you evidently don't understand the mechanics, as hartley aptly pointed out. an air of misplaced confidence does not do wonders for how your tone is interpreted either)

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: April 24, 2021, 12:31:30 AM »

If you install a Beta Core on a Salvage Yard, instead of removing the -20% penalty, it adds a +20% bonus called "null". Is this intended behaviour?
It used to be intended, but SY are halfway along in a rework, and that's more or less a bug. Thanks for the report!

Dostya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: April 25, 2021, 07:08:41 PM »

I ran into an interesting effect with regards to military/interstellar relays. I have two systems both with a planet with Interstellar Relays and the rest having Military Relays. They all have High Commands. The primary planet with extreme heat has a cryoarithmetic engine and Alpha AI cores installed which (usually) provides the high percentage enhancement basis for the fleets. Then, on a lark, I installed an Alpha Core in the High Command of another planet that had a Military Relay but was using the bonus from the primary planet to gets its fleet score. This increased the fleet power beyond the typical enhancement by a multiple of about 25%. I checked back with the primary world and saw that it had increased in turn. I chuckled, uninstalled the AI, and lost only a couple percent.

Ohhhhh dear. That's a fair bit more broken than I was expecting.

I installed the Alpha AI again. It jumped again. I uninstalled, then checked back. Down only a couple percent, but checking around the command menu no planet could agree on who was giving out the bonus. Planet A thought Planet C was doing it, Planet C thought Planet F was, Planet F thought planet B was, etc. etc. etc. I made a backup of the save, saved, exited to the main menu, reloaded. The bonus recalculated correctly on load.

Anyway, yeah. I thought this probably ought to be reported.

okj

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: April 25, 2021, 10:33:23 PM »

I know the military relays is already explain, but i think i still need to ask just this one question. So, in my understanding, the relay boost the fleet size of the planet it's built on depending on base/high command in the system. And if no patrol base is present it kinda acts like one. So does it boost itself incase i don't have patrol base on the planet but 1 high command in the system?
Edit: NVM, it does. Forgot to build one on the planet with the high command oosp.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 08:15:09 AM by okj »

v4l0rus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: April 26, 2021, 03:05:22 PM »

"Added - Indicator as to what type of ruins are on the planet without colonizing it. READ, PEOPLE, FOR LUDDS SAKE"

There's no indicator at all in my game, when I hover the cursor over the icon, the exact same text appears for every one of them, and doesn't indicate what it does at all. Bug or mod conflict?

Vaulty

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 26, 2021, 04:34:23 PM »

Any chance to make the ship components optional? Or maybe instead of punishing the player for not sending ships to salvage you could reward them for doing it, like for example keep reduced output (or worsen it) but no ship quality malus BUT when the industry is supplied with ship components it gets a +15 to ship quality. Kind of like a replacer for the nanoforge item on an industrial scale, you take high quality component from broken ships and transplant it into new ships improving their quality. If you could also raid the ai for its components your ships would not only be better than the ai but they would also have a reduced output penalty on their fleet. Of course all of this are just suggestion, you made a great mod and I love the direction you are taking it.

squished_fish

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: April 26, 2021, 07:17:35 PM »

Any chance to make the ship components optional? Or maybe instead of punishing the player for not sending ships to salvage you could reward them for doing it, like for example keep reduced output (or worsen it) but no ship quality malus BUT when the industry is supplied with ship components it gets a +15 to ship quality. Kind of like a replacer for the nanoforge item on an industrial scale, you take high quality component from broken ships and transplant it into new ships improving their quality. If you could also raid the ai for its components your ships would not only be better than the ai but they would also have a reduced output penalty on their fleet. Of course all of this are just suggestion, you made a great mod and I love the direction you are taking it.
The response to me asking the same question:

Will there be a settings file to control Ship Component demand or a branch of the mod that doesn't include that aspect? I like the majority of stuff available, but I'm not a fan of my ships getting a 30% Quality hit because I'm not getting raided enough, or crashing because I didn't update the mod to avoid that aspect.
The feature was pushed way too early since it was too far along to remove, but I had to fix a save breaking bug.
There will be work done to make it not suck, just like all the other content in the mod - I do like to believe that I have a high quality thing going here.

To fix your problem in the interim, install the console Commands mod, open the console, then paste and run this:
Code
runcode com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.update.IndEvo_NewGameIndustryPlacer.run()

orost

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 26, 2021, 07:31:19 PM »

Rather serious problem: Qaras has 4/3 industries (Salvage Yards pushes it over the limit), which gives it -5 stability, so it decivilizes fairly quickly every time. Because Qaras is the only source of food and organics for Pirates, and they generally don't have the accessibility to import from other factions, this takes out most Pirate colonies over a long playthrough.

Sorry if it's been brought up already. I don't see a way to search a specific thread on this forum.

edit: Also, Orbital Laboratories are from this mod, right? I've found two in the core worlds, just beside habitable planets. Salvageable, with expensive blueprints on them. (Specifically, in Valhalla and Zagan, seed MN-7039364735139969924)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 08:10:31 PM by orost »

Arazach

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 27, 2021, 02:37:34 AM »

I am having a problem with edicts on size 6 planet because they end instantly after enacting. Any clue what might cause that?

ShangTai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: April 27, 2021, 06:59:02 AM »

"Added - Indicator as to what type of ruins are on the planet without colonizing it. READ, PEOPLE, FOR LUDDS SAKE"

There's no indicator at all in my game, when I hover the cursor over the icon, the exact same text appears for every one of them, and doesn't indicate what it does at all. Bug or mod conflict?

In 2.1.a i have seen the "indicator" about ruins, but with 2.1.b it disappear. Now we have two part of separate text about ruins, with indicator there was one additional separate text at the bottom.
Edit: I have seen "indicator" only in "Create colony" screen.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 09:06:00 AM by ShangTai »

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: April 27, 2021, 07:45:49 AM »

I have an issue with ruin indicator - it only clues you the type once the planet is already colonized. You don't get the clue for uncolonized worlds. Which kinda defeats the purpose.

Caypbaron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 27, 2021, 12:27:15 PM »

I have a question;

I´ve built a senate and i´d would like to issue the edict "sub-population cleansing".

Yet, the option is greyed out, stating that i require a sub-population and a military presence.

A decivilized sub-population exists on the planet, a station and ground defences are built and there are some marines in the stockpile.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 27, 2021, 12:40:46 PM »

I have a question;

I´ve built a senate and i´d would like to issue the edict "sub-population cleansing".

Yet, the option is greyed out, stating that i require a sub-population and a military presence.

A decivilized sub-population exists on the planet, a station and ground defences are built and there are some marines in the stockpile.
Military Presense means you need to have a Military Base/High Command to enact that edict. No idea if military relay would be sufficient as well.

Caypbaron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 27, 2021, 11:47:40 PM »

Thanks for the answer; I hope that a relay is enough, for it will be a while ´till a new industry slot opens up.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 154