Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 156

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1264563 times)

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Industrial.Evolution 2.1.b - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #675 on: April 18, 2021, 02:11:44 AM »

Hi! 1st post, 1st problem that i cannot resolve :( Mod is great BTW!

ver. 95a rc12
Sadly  i discovered, there's a problem with embassy, stricltly with removing Ambassador (by the comms chat, shuting down embassy, or eliminating a faction ingame (in my example there was Mayasura Navy eliminated by Luddic Church, after few sec. there's a message, that says "ambassador in your embassy at "planet" is leaving, there's a vacant spot in your embassy") and after another few sec. there's CTD with "null exemption"

here are logs:
66998 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.ambassadorPlugins.IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager.l ogRepChange(IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager.java:119)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.ambassadorPlugins.IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager.o nNewDay(IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager.java:95)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.timers.IndEvo_TimeTracker.onNewDay(IndEvo_TimeTracker.java:136)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.timers.IndEvo_TimeTracker.advance(IndEvo_TimeTracker.java:117)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

i Can't find a solution :| , maybe You will find something that i'm missing. tried it out with vanilla factions to and its all the same.

update the mod, you are on an old version.

Saleen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: April 18, 2021, 05:18:35 AM »

jyjakafe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 18, 2021, 08:01:27 AM »

Bug report on 2.1b, CTD on starting new game. Disabling drydock in settings fixes the crash.

Code
197148 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.update.IndEvo_ModUpdater  - Replacing Conditions
197148 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.update.IndEvo_ModUpdater  - Running Industry Setup
197463 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  -java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.IndEvo_dryDock.getEligibleShips(IndEvo_dryDock.java:309)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.IndEvo_dryDock.applyImports(IndEvo_dryDock.java:69)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.IndEvo_dryDock.apply(IndEvo_dryDock.java:59)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market.addIndustry(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market.addIndustry(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.update.IndEvo_NewGameIndustryPlacer.placeIndustries(IndEvo_NewGameIndustryPlacer.java:85)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.update.IndEvo_NewGameIndustryPlacer.placeDryDocks(IndEvo_NewGameIndustryPlacer.java:48)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.update.IndEvo_NewGameIndustryPlacer.run(IndEvo_NewGameIndustryPlacer.java:14)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.update.IndEvo_ModUpdater.run(IndEvo_ModUpdater.java:49)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.IndEvo_modPlugin.updateVersionIfNeeded(IndEvo_modPlugin.java:195)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.IndEvo_modPlugin.onGameLoad(IndEvo_modPlugin.java:48)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.O0oO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.k.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.k.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.interface.processInput(Unknown Source)

{"enabledMods": [
  "$$$_trailermoments",
  "armaa",
  "lw_console",
  "diableavionics",
  "IndEvo",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "ArkLeg",
  "MagicLib",
  "nexerelin",
  "ORA",
  "pn",
  "roider",
  "tahlan_scalartech",
  "SCY",
  "SEEKER",
  "shadow_ships",
  "tahlan",
  "Terraforming and Station Construction",
  "star_federation",
  "TORCHSHIPS",
  "US",
  "URW",
  "XhanEmpire",
  "prv",
  "shaderLib"
]}
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 08:22:38 AM by jyjakafe »

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 18, 2021, 09:25:55 AM »

re-download the mod, that crash was fixed in a shadow patch around an hour after release!

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 18, 2021, 09:36:55 AM »

Might it be possible to add a sidegrade to Heavy Industry's Orbital Works that instead of flat boost to ship quality produces these ship components? There is no sense to have more then one OW in your faction anyway, so adding an alternative upgrade might be interesting if that is even possible.

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 18, 2021, 10:39:51 AM »

umm, sorry to ask but, was my comment noted? not to seem obnoxious but others got a reply but I did not, and I kinda would at least like to know if there is an actually reliable way to get them and for, say, pirates to get them, because they seem to suffer a lot from it, under other factions.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 18, 2021, 11:11:12 AM »

umm, sorry to ask but, was my comment noted? not to seem obnoxious but others got a reply but I did not, and I kinda would at least like to know if there is an actually reliable way to get them and for, say, pirates to get them, because they seem to suffer a lot from it, under other factions.

Oh - you might be the victim of shadow patch issues. Install the console Commands mod, open the console, then paste and run this:
Code
runcode com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.update.IndEvo_NewGameIndustryPlacer.run()

Might it be possible to add a sidegrade to Heavy Industry's Orbital Works that instead of flat boost to ship quality produces these ship components? There is no sense to have more then one OW in your faction anyway, so adding an alternative upgrade might be interesting if that is even possible.
The system isn't done by any stretch. Giving OW a sidegrade is a good idea, but I wouldn't know how without overriding vanilla - which is not that good.
I'd ask you to wait for the final implementation, then give it another try and check if you still have notes on it!

squished_fish

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 18, 2021, 12:40:15 PM »

Will there be a settings file to control Ship Component demand or a branch of the mod that doesn't include that aspect? I like the majority of stuff available, but I'm not a fan of my ships getting a 30% Quality hit because I'm not getting raided enough, or crashing because I didn't update the mod to avoid that aspect.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 18, 2021, 12:48:14 PM »

Will there be a settings file to control Ship Component demand or a branch of the mod that doesn't include that aspect? I like the majority of stuff available, but I'm not a fan of my ships getting a 30% Quality hit because I'm not getting raided enough, or crashing because I didn't update the mod to avoid that aspect.
The feature was pushed way too early since it was too far along to remove, but I had to fix a save breaking bug.
There will be work done to make it not suck, just like all the other content in the mod - I do like to believe that I have a high quality thing going here.

To fix your problem in the interim, install the console Commands mod, open the console, then paste and run this:
Code

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 18, 2021, 01:29:48 PM »

I do like to believe that I have a high quality thing going here.

I agree. It finally implements into gameplay the long-standing aspect of lore that producing defect-free ships is miraculous in the current Sector and that recycling ship tech is a must. It also gives serious value to colonies like Agreus that were always supposed to be shipbreaking centers. I'm eager to see how it will be developed in the future, for example tying into the "ship hull" commodity with fleets ferrying and feeding mothballed hulls to salvage yards.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

squished_fish

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 18, 2021, 01:41:30 PM »

The feature was pushed way too early since it was too far along to remove, but I had to fix a save breaking bug.
There will be work done to make it not suck, just like all the other content in the mod - I do like to believe that I have a high quality thing going here.

To fix your problem in the interim, install the console Commands mod, open the console, then paste and run this:
Code
Thanks! I'll keep an eye on the updates for when that's fully implemented. I definitely agree that your stuff's high quality!

I do like to believe that I have a high quality thing going here.

I agree. It finally implements into gameplay the long-standing aspect of lore that producing defect-free ships is miraculous in the current Sector and that recycling ship tech is a must. It also gives serious value to colonies like Agreus that were always supposed to be shipbreaking centers. I'm eager to see how it will be developed in the future, for example tying into the "ship hull" commodity with fleets ferrying and feeding mothballed hulls to salvage yards.
I mean, that aspect is already in the game. It's the Nanoforges, without which producing D-mod-free ships is... difficult.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 18, 2021, 01:49:02 PM »

I mean, that aspect is already in the game. It's the Nanoforges, without which producing D-mod-free ships is... difficult.

Nanoforges don't include shipbreaking and recycling ships though. IE's new gameplay components add these and I love it.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Farlarzia

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 18, 2021, 06:58:20 PM »

Hello!

Since story points now exist and largly replace the active functionality of the Academy, I'd like to suggest that the Academy have an additional feature - being able to level up a Officer to one above to players current officer level limit (i.e, 5 > 6, and with the skill 6 > 7). I currently dislike the pure RNG on firstly finding a level 6/7 (especially 7), and then relying on RNG again for that officer actually being at all useful skillwise.

And a teaspoon of bug report to help the request go down:

Spoiler
On planets with a Ancient Laboritory, the Industrial Supply Store incorrectly lists it as being a Hull Forge.
[close]

Mysticunicycle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: April 19, 2021, 12:31:40 PM »

Hello, new player here in .95a. I like a lot of things in this mod, as colonization felt a little bare in the vanilla playthrough I did first.

Can somebody explain to me the way to metagame with military relays? I understand that a relay should go on second, third, etc. colonies in the same system as your big daddy colony, but should I only be building relays? Should I build patrol HQs / bases as well? I don't really understand the best way to optimize here, as they are not exclusive from each other.

squished_fish

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 19, 2021, 04:35:56 PM »

Hello, new player here in .95a. I like a lot of things in this mod, as colonization felt a little bare in the vanilla playthrough I did first.

Can somebody explain to me the way to metagame with military relays? I understand that a relay should go on second, third, etc. colonies in the same system as your big daddy colony, but should I only be building relays? Should I build patrol HQs / bases as well? I don't really understand the best way to optimize here, as they are not exclusive from each other.
To my knowledge, a relay performs the job of a Patrol HQ, but not the jobs of a Military Base/High Command. Functionally, what this means is that you want military relays on every planet, you never want a Patrol HQ (Relay+HQ is more expensive to maintain than just Relay, despite it's doubled upkeep), a High Command on your biggest, most stable planet, and if one High Command isn't enough you can build more as necessary.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 156