Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 154

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1235854 times)

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Industrial.Evolution 2.0.c - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #600 on: April 09, 2021, 02:53:41 PM »

Are the Industrial Ruins structures spawned randomly or in fixed order? i.e. I have Ancient Labs on one world, I won't have one on another world unless I colonize multiple worlds to get copies?

If not, are there any hints to gauge what industry is on a planet? I *think* I saw the modifier show up in a different colour but not sure if that was because one was on a barren world and the other was on a toxic world.

Semi-randomized, all start with set weights, but the chance to get a duplicate one is reduced with every one that is resolved.
So at start:
Ind_A: weight 1
Ind_B: weight  1
Resolves to Ind_A

For the next ruin:
Ind_A: weight 0,5
Ind_B: weight 1

and so on.

Second question: Nope, since it's unclear what you get until you actually colonize (see above).
I might do that sometime in the future though.

skairunner

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: April 10, 2021, 02:39:57 AM »

I seem to get this null pointer exception when exploring particular exploration sites (such as research stations, orbital labs, orbital habitats etc):

609223 [Thread-3] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.A  - Problem with command of class com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.salvage.SalvageSpecialInteraction: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.salvage.special.IndEvo_ItemChoiceSpe cial.init(IndEvo_ItemChoiceSpecial.java:62)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.salvage.SalvageSpecialInteraction$SalvageSpecialDialogPlugin.init(SalvageSpecialInteraction.java:57)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.salvage.SalvageSpecialInteraction.ex ecute(SalvageSpecialInteraction.java:165)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.A.execute(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.C.runScript(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.applyRule(FireBest.java:106)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.execute(FireBest.java:51)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.A.execute(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.C.runScript(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.applyRule(FireBest.java:106)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.execute(FireBest.java:51)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.fire(FireBest.java:57)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.fireBes t(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:177)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.optionS elected(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:210)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.V$1.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.k.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.k.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.interface.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oO00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oO00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oO00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oO00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.V.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I wonder if at the least I can delete the sites in my save so that I won't run into them again...

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 10, 2021, 02:55:41 AM »

you are on an old version, update the mod.

skairunner

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: April 10, 2021, 12:23:58 PM »

Will do!

Grugposter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 10, 2021, 02:58:42 PM »

This might just be my luck, but I've received far fewer high-tier AI cores and colony items (e.g. automated drill) when compared to my run before adding this mod.
For comparison, I had maybe ~10 colony items and ~5 alpha-level cores after exploring 1/6th of the map without the mod, compared to one alpha-core I got from whacking a remnant nexus and two colony items with 1/4 of the map explored.

Is it possible that Industrial Evolution is diluting or overwriting the drop pool for explorables (e.g. ruins, mining stations, labs, etc.)?
I have other mods installed, but none of them should be touching drop tables. Here they are regardless:
Spoiler
Automatic Orders 0.3.2 (manually changed the version)
Autosave 1.1c
Better Colonies 1.6.1
High Tech Expansion 1.4
Industrial.Evolution 2.0.c
Lazy Lib 2.6
MagicLib 0.33rc1
SpeedUp 0.7.1
Starship Legends 1.5.1
Tahlan Shipworks 0.5a
Unknown Skies 0.43
Vayra's Ship Pack 1.2.3
Version Checker 2.0b
zz GraphicsLib 1.5.1
[close]
Edit: After asking my friend, he's also having the same issues. He only seems to have found them in derelict survey ships and some equipment caches.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 03:08:25 PM by Grugposter »

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 10, 2021, 04:57:42 PM »

This might just be my luck, but I've received far fewer high-tier AI cores and colony items (e.g. automated drill) when compared to my run before adding this mod.
For comparison, I had maybe ~10 colony items and ~5 alpha-level cores after exploring 1/6th of the map without the mod, compared to one alpha-core I got from whacking a remnant nexus and two colony items with 1/4 of the map explored.

ditto, noticed the same thing

Jasticus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: April 10, 2021, 05:26:04 PM »

I usually lurk here, but had to comment that I noticed this too. I installed a bunch of mods though so I had no idea which one might be causing it.

According to my map I've 'cleaned' 49 individual systems (spread out from missions, probably 120+ planets surveyed and 20-40 ruins/derelicts?) so far since I started a fresh game with the mods. In that time, I've gotten 1 Alpha, 7 Betas, 7 Gammas, and 8 random colony items... and 5 corrupted nanoforges. ??? During my unmodded run I had nearly twice as many AI and like 5 alphas by this point.

I figured I just got a super unlucky seed or something so far, but then was scanning for mod updates and saw this and figured I should also toss in what I've noticed just in case there was an adjustment somewhere that is affecting things.

Otherwise, I still love the mod anyway.  :D
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 05:28:14 PM by Jasticus »

Achilles42x

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: April 10, 2021, 11:39:23 PM »

Throw my 2 cents in- love the mod, but same thing with colony items and AI cores. I've explored half the sector, and I have 3 Alphas and ~5 colony items. Usually have like 5x that much

5ColouredWalker

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: April 10, 2021, 11:55:49 PM »

This is probably more due to:
A) The change to .95 which has resulted in change to loot tables.
B) Random chance. You've explored 1/4 of the galaxy and received less stuff, not all parts of the galaxy are generated equal.

For an example of B, I'm running a mod (Can't remember which) which introduces a lot of cool planet modifiers. In my run before I tried .95 I found lots of the cool stuff, and one ruin. In my current run having reverted while I wait for Nex, I've found ruins by the bucketful, including a system with 5 (I was really hoping for a moment you could chose which ruin you found, and enjoying the idea of having a absurdly large system full of moved planets), and only one orbital elevator, and nothing else.

Finally, Industrial Evolution introduces a repeating quest for spawning colony items at the cost of a fight a mid-game fleet can take with little dificulty.

Oh, I haven't gotten to the stage of fiddling with the ruins yet, but can you demolish them for slots? I'll find out myself soon enough but making the knowledge public would be great.
Edit: Wait, Nex updated, I'm not going to get to this soon so won't updating this soon with an answer.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 11:58:42 PM by 5ColouredWalker »

ShpunkY

• Lieutenant
  • Just another piece of ***
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 11, 2021, 02:03:10 AM »

will you ever add special items for the industries this mod adds ?

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 11, 2021, 03:42:56 AM »

Okay, to alleviate these concerns -

No, The AI core drop rates are not affected by this mod. They have their own group which is not touched. If you get less than before, that is probably just bad luck, unless another mod changes the numbers!

Yes, this mod affects the special item drop pools, BUT the total chance to get an item, vanilla or modded, stays the exact same.

To explain:
The game has 2 relevant special Item drop groups:
  • rare_tech_low
  • rare_tech

These have the following drop chances purely for vanilla items:
Without IndEvo:
  • rare_tech_low: 1,1%
  • rare_tech: 4,3%

With IndEvo:
  • rare_tech_low: 0,9%
  • rare_tech: 3,3%

However, these are the drop chances to get an IndEvo item from either of these rolls (Added)
  • rare_tech_low: 0,2%
  • rare_tech: 1%

Notice something? Yup, if you add them up, you get the same numbers as before - thus, you receive the exact same amount of items. (math is heavily rounded to keep it readable)

That's not all though. With IndEvo, you have 30% more discoverable stations in the sector - Arsenal Stations and Orbital Labs generate in those numbers without removing any vanilla stations. Since they also roll on these pools, the drop chances for vanilla items over the global sector stay the same, even if the chance to get one from any single roll is a bit lower.

Additionally, this mod adds salvage events which can give you a specific special item if you are willing to take a risk, and these are added to the total loot pools.

In total, you should get more special items, rather than less.
I do test this extensively and do the math every time, to avoid having a negative impact on your game experience.

Please be aware that loot generation in starsector is heavily RNG. You are not guaranteed a certain amount of items, and I had runs where I did not find even a single pristine forge. If you get a lot in one run, but little in another, there is absolutely nothing I can do to change that.

Now for questions:
Oh, I haven't gotten to the stage of fiddling with the ruins yet, but can you demolish them for slots? I'll find out myself soon enough but making the knowledge public would be great.
Yeah! They can be demolished, but not re-built!

will you ever add special items for the industries this mod adds ?
Yes! But this will take some time. I have to commission art, code the effects, make events/quests to get them without murdering the drop tables (because if I straight up added 20 new items, you would never get a vanilla item again.)

So far, most of my time goes into fixing the numerous bugs this burning pile of code currently still has due to the game update.

Khornaar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 11, 2021, 04:05:46 AM »

Yes, this mod affects the special item drop pools, BUT the total chance to get an item, vanilla or modded, stays the exact same.

To explain:
Spoiler
The game has 2 relevant special Item drop groups:
  • rare_tech_low
  • rare_tech

These have the following drop chances purely for vanilla items:
Without IndEvo:
  • rare_tech_low: 1,1%
  • rare_tech: 4,3%

With IndEvo:
  • rare_tech_low: 0,9%
  • rare_tech: 3,3%

However, these are the drop chances to get an IndEvo item from either of these rolls (Added)
  • rare_tech_low: 0,2%
  • rare_tech: 1%

Notice something? Yup, if you add them up, you get the same numbers as before - thus, you receive the exact same amount of items. (math is heavily rounded to keep it readable)
[close]

Might it be that "rare_tech: 3,3%" gets diluted with mod BPs? so the more mods people have, the rarer vanilla industry items become, while IndEvo items have constant 1% droprate?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 04:44:44 AM by Khornaar »
Non-native English speaker. Please, excuse me if I butcher it.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 11, 2021, 04:27:28 AM »

Well, considering this mod does not have terraforming and does not add any of the items that have dropped for you, maybe post in the thread for DIY planets.

Might it be that "rare_tech: 3,3%" gets diluted with mod BPs? so the more mods people have, the rarer vanilla industry items become, while IndEvo items have constant 1% droprate?
Not possible, the rare_tech drop groups do not have entries for blueprints.

It's rather obvious that DIY planets is breaking your drop rates.

Oh- Also, not a single IndEvo item dropped for you, so there might be an even larger problem with that other mod.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 04:30:02 AM by SirHartley »

Khornaar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 11, 2021, 04:44:22 AM »

Well, considering this mod does not have terraforming and does not add any of the items that have dropped for you, maybe post in the thread for DIY planets.

Not possible, the rare_tech drop groups do not have entries for blueprints.

It's rather obvious that DIY planets is breaking your drop rates.

Oh- Also, not a single IndEvo item dropped for you, so there might be an even larger problem with that other mod.
You're totally right. I'm a dumbass. I've confused two thread i had opened. :-[

Btw, droprate of Forge templates seems fine.
Spoiler
[close]
BPCs with two runs are about 100 times rarer drop from ruins.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 05:37:31 AM by Khornaar »
Non-native English speaker. Please, excuse me if I butcher it.

Jasticus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: April 11, 2021, 08:58:39 AM »

Okay, to alleviate these concerns -

No, The AI core drop rates are not affected by this mod. They have their own group which is not touched. If you get less than before, that is probably just bad luck, unless another mod changes the numbers!

Thanks, that's all I needed to read. I figured I had just gotten a bad seed or it was an overall change, but when I started seeing other comments it just made me wonder.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 154