Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 154

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1236011 times)

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Industrial.Evolution 1.7.d - Industries with non-standard effects
« Reply #315 on: September 03, 2020, 12:18:07 PM »

BTW, Suggestion:

Do you remember those sordid TT usurers in a bar? Why not became one?

Credit bank industry will deducts from the player account random value (but no more than that planet monthly profit) and borrow it to some dubious person. After a 6 month player get it back + interest value.

Cath: there are small probability that debtor will refuse to pay. In this case, game will create custom bounty with no expire time and reward equal of debt. Bounty fleet strength based on debt size. Other debtors will delay payments until player proves with plasmagun they should pay in time. There are some cooldown period with no bad debtors after player defeat last custom bounty.

Hm, shadowy broker adds a "bank" function already.
I'll think on that one - forcing the player to go after money owed to him does sound engaging.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 03, 2020, 03:54:48 PM »

Hm, shadowy broker adds a "bank" function already.

RLY? One day I should install this great mod! Not soon, alas.

However, idea is not to "store money in bank", but "be a bank", with all the hardships and vicissitudes, this business carries. BTW, sometimes that means debtor does not have that amount of cash, so bank get his investments with a mortgaged property. In a terms of SS that means resources, ships, weapons etc, but I suggest limit this to resources only, cos' SS economy does not allow to convert ships and weapons into a cash at acceptable rate, while resources can be sold with even greater profits (requires player personal actions, which is great, right?) or used in "export structure", which makes them a sweet pair!

forcing the player to go after money owed to him does sound engaging.

Believe or not, that was a core of a suggestion and was inspired by "motivating the player to play the game" concept.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

anhkhoa3302

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 04, 2020, 06:03:46 AM »

I have an ideal to add more flavor to your mod. My English isn't good so I will try to make it simple, I hope you understand  :P

My ideal is to add a special resource that produce by the Academy. The engineer. The Academy now will demand domestic goods and a little supplies to function, demand isn't meet it will produce less engineer and officer training will slower.

The engineer will be demanded by military/insterstellar relay ,supercomputer, restoration dock,....to function at 100% and will less effective if the demand wasn't meet

And if it possible...the engineer could also count as a crew but with much higher payroll and cost to hire. They will give us some effect if we have enought of them in our fleet.
Let say your fleet need 100 crew minium for all ship to function at 100%
 -> 10% of them is engineer : -5% supplies cost to maintain fleet
 -> 20% : -7% supplies cost in maintain, -5% fuel used per light year
 -> 30% : -10% supplies cost, -10% fuel used, +15% more resourse gain from scavenging ,40% faster and 20% cheaper ship repair after/out battle
 -> 40% : -10% supplies cost, -10% fuel used, +20% more resourse gain from scavenging, fast and cheap like the 30%, +15% faster fighter replacement, 20% faster weapon repair in battle and  20% reduce overload duration.
 Any more than 40% will not have any more effect .Let pay them 3 or 4  time more than normal crew to make it balance XD

Thanks for your awesome mod !

Edit : I think restoration dock should demand some heavy machiney, metal and engineer (if you decide to add this in your mod, of couse) to function and It give you +10% ship quality and some credit every month depend  on colony size + fleet size of that planet because the dock not only fix your ship but anyone's ship. This version of restoration dock can only build on planet have heavy industry/ Orbital work.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 07:30:23 AM by anhkhoa3302 »

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 05, 2020, 04:36:46 AM »

How does the "Privateer Base" behaves when built in a player faction "autonomous colony"? (Nexerelin)

Does it still stage raids? and if so...
Does it still produce resources for the autonomous planet?
Does the player still gets weapons, bps and whatnot from this raid?

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 05, 2020, 10:49:39 AM »

Mod idea

Thank you for the proposal! I made a write-up and added it to the idea list, though do note that I really can't promise anything.
It might, or might not - see the light of day in the future.

How does the "Privateer Base" behaves when built in a player faction "autonomous colony"? (Nexerelin)

Does it still stage raids? and if so...
Does it still produce resources for the autonomous planet?
Does the player still gets weapons, bps and whatnot from this raid?

Nope
Nope
Nope

With the next update, the answer will be:

Yep
Yep
Nope

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 05, 2020, 01:03:36 PM »

With the next update, the answer will be:

Yep
Yep
Nope

Alright, that sounds about right. Thanks and i'll wait for the next update!

Xobra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 06, 2020, 04:28:27 AM »

Suggestions:
  • Academies with an Alpha Core can make Tier 3 Admins, but it needs longer, maybe 6 months training time
  • Allow the player to choose which skill they can gain, when sending Tier 0/1 Admins to train
  • Change Skill Training: Change an Admin, or more importantly Officer Skill to another one (shorter training time?)

As a side note: Better Colonies changes a few things regarding Admins: there are more Tiers and some Admins only got 1 LvL in some Skills. Those Admins cannot be chosen for training. This can be prevented by manually tinkering with Better Colonies Config and only allowing "vanilla" Admins to spawn.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 06, 2020, 06:00:18 AM »

Suggestions:
  • Academies with an Alpha Core can make Tier 3 Admins, but it needs longer, maybe 6 months training time
  • Allow the player to choose which skill they can gain, when sending Tier 0/1 Admins to train
  • Change Skill Training: Change an Admin, or more importantly Officer Skill to another one (shorter training time?)

As a side note: Better Colonies changes a few things regarding Admins: there are more Tiers and some Admins only got 1 LvL in some Skills. Those Admins cannot be chosen for training. This can be prevented by manually tinkering with Better Colonies Config and only allowing "vanilla" Admins to spawn.

IndEvo is supposed to supplement vanilla, not replace it.

1) I will not allow tier 3 admins - regardless of how many people ask :)
T3 Admins make alpha cores obsolete, which is not desirable. You'll have to live with the danger if you want those bonuses.

2) The next version has a changed algorithm so you will always get all skills within 2 admins - if you are unlucky the first time, you'll get the skills you want the second time.
3) Nope - would make looking for officers/admins obsolete.

Xobra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 06, 2020, 06:14:17 AM »

snip

IndEvo is supposed to supplement vanilla, not replace it.

1) I will not allow tier 3 admins - regardless of how many people ask :)
T3 Admins make alpha cores obsolete, which is not desirable. You'll have to live with the danger if you want those bonuses.

2) The next version has a changed algorithm so you will always get all skills within 2 admins - if you are unlucky the first time, you'll get the skills you want the second time.
3) Nope - would make looking for officers/admins obsolete.

Well, back to savegame editing it is then :P

Alpha Cores would not become obsolete, unless Admin Caps are "unlocked". There is no danger from using AI Admins in mid-late modded  game anymore, just grind for Alpha Cores

I never rly had to look for Officers; most of mine had everything they shoud have, except for maybe 1-2 Skills
If the training for Admins resulted in the false Skills, then that Admin needed to seek a new Faction for a Job

Xobra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 06, 2020, 07:38:33 AM »

I was going through the the Structures of this Mod again, looking which things I barely use and why:

The Relays: Never needed them much; and my High Commands do have Alpha Cores; the bug may be funny but "a bit" gamebreaking.

Embassy: Never rly had relationship problems, but I do them for fun with Beta Cores once I got Spare Room. Only downside if that the AI never uses them (for example for Nex Alliances) I set it up for them if I want to, but I never rly checked if it worked.

Academy: Normally only got one, if ever, or use preexisting ones. Most underused Structure by me.

Suggestion Academy: Each one increases Officer Quality and Quantity of Fleets by 1% (2% with Alpha Core) up to a maximum of 10% (+1% for every Alpha Core, max 20% if possible).

Another one for Restoration Docks: Send repaired Ships (0 D-Mods) automatically to Players Gathering Point, if it exist.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 07:40:29 AM by Xobra »

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 06, 2020, 10:55:01 AM »

Academy: Normally only got one, if ever, or use preexisting ones. Most underused Structure by me.

Disagree on this one. While the Admin training is subpar with mods like "Better Colonies" installed, the mod has many features that i do use frequently. The ability to store officers and admins is IMMENSELY useful to me as i can just stockpile admins for when i wanna conquer a system to make autonomous. (Nex)

Even then the officer training options are useful, and something i use often. You may also want a couple more than just one as it helps with the spawn of officers/admins for hire.

It's not a top priority on my list, but it is an ok option to fill any gaps on my colonies.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 06, 2020, 01:58:06 PM »

Thank you for the feedback!

The Relays: Never needed them much; and my High Commands do have Alpha Cores; the bug may be funny but "a bit" gamebreaking.
Relays can save you an industry slot on planets that would otherwise be under defended. It is aimed at people that like to centralise defence. The fleet size bug is unfortunate, but fixed in the next update - which will also cap the total increase to the highest in-network fleet size to make relays less broken op.

Embassy: Never rly had relationship problems, but I do them for fun with Beta Cores once I got Spare Room. Only downside if that the AI never uses them (for example for Nex Alliances) I set it up for them if I want to, but I never rly checked if it worked.
That's a classic case of "doesn't fit your playstyle, then. Most of the stuff this mod adds is niche - some things might never be used due to player preference, while others are extremely nice to have. At this point, with (in the beta) 20+ buildings, not everything will be useful to everyone.

Suggestion Academy: Each one increases Officer Quality and Quantity of Fleets by 1% (2% with Alpha Core) up to a maximum of 10% (+1% for every Alpha Core, max 20% if possible).

The Academy already increases fleet officer quality in the entire star system, and quality + quantity on the planet it is built on (read the FAQ?). The fact that you prefer your officers according to standards set by a different mod might make this structure underwhelming for you - but it has many more uses, and I honestly think it's one of the more important things in this mod.

Another one for Restoration Docks: Send repaired Ships (0 D-Mods) automatically to Players Gathering Point, if it exist.
Next update brings something that will alleviate this problem.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 03:36:47 PM by SirHartley »

majorfreak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 06, 2020, 02:23:43 PM »

wuh wuh wuh The ability to store officers and admins wuh wuh wuh wuh
OMG SQUEEE!!!

Kartoffel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 06, 2020, 04:30:33 PM »

Got some side questions,

1. Do other factions get the effects of the Privateer Base (do they also get additional privateers)?
a. I've done some testing by giving a whole faction multiple of privateer bases in comparison, if I owned them to find no messages of raids by them on hostile factions to them. Yet when I owned the same systems, I can clearly identify with notifications of raids by my own faction.
b. Purpose for this is so that I can give another faction more offensive capabilities in comparison to what's provided in Nexerelin

2. Is there any plans for a military equivalence to the Privateer Base (to prevent lawless population)?

Any answer is appreciated.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 06, 2020, 08:26:03 PM »

Relays can save you an industry slot on planets that would otherwise be under defended. It is aimed at people that like to centralise defence. The fleet size bug is unfortunate, but fixed in the next update - which will also cap the total increase to the highest in-network fleet size to make relays less broken op.

I haven't tried the Military/Interestellar Relays much because, as a habit, i always build High Commands on all my planets for a multitude of reasons:
1.- The obvious spam of fleets means safety.
2.- The stability bonus.
3.- Military budget. (Nexerelin)

So, my question is: If i'm willing to meta-game like this, is there any benefit from having the relays? or is this meant for a more conservative play style?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 154