Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 155

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1237156 times)

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Industrial.Evolution 1.7.d - Industries with non-standard effects
« Reply #270 on: August 01, 2020, 09:51:49 PM »

For the upcoming reverse-engineering update: can it do the same for weapons/LPC?

Also, would be great, if we have a full mechanic in words. Exciting!
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Unnamed_Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 02, 2020, 02:51:21 AM »

I deleted all my military relays. The AI doesn't also seem to use them so its kinda unfair too.

In cases like this i recommend activating Brawl Mode. It doubles the size of Invasion Fleets.

With that mode i have seen 4 or 5 Invasion Fleets. Really makes your OP Fleets get a nice challenge.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 02, 2020, 04:11:36 AM »

For the upcoming reverse-engineering update: can it do the same for weapons/LPC?

Also, would be great, if we have a full mechanic in words. Exciting!

When I made it for weapons/LPC as well, it sucked the fun out of the campaign - "not having access" to some things, even in theory, is imperative for the player reward cycle of visiting other planets and attacking others for loot.
But the ability to reverse engineer salvaged ships added neatly to the experience of the ship salvaging/combat loop instead of breaking it, so that's fine.

Regarding mechanics:
The structure adds a storage to the planet it is built on. You place ship hulls into that storage, which then get taken into the structure and are disassembled over time. You get "Research Progress" depending on the ship hull size, with a negative penalty for every D-Mod. Once you disassembled enough ship hulls to be at 100% progress, you can overwrite a blueprint of the same hull size with the new ship data. It takes multiple (3+) capital hulls to get to that point, so it's not easy - but very rewarding if you pull it off.

There is another upcoming thing that'll make it a bit easier to find that rare weapon you want, so no worries.

I deleted all my military relays. The AI doesn't also seem to use them so its kinda unfair too.

In cases like this i recommend activating Brawl Mode. It doubles the size of Invasion Fleets.

With that mode i have seen 4 or 5 Invasion Fleets. Really makes your OP Fleets get a nice challenge.

Next update clamps the total bonus a relay can provide to the maximum fleet size available in the network - if your highest planet has 300%, no other planet with a relay will exceed that number.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 02, 2020, 04:46:09 AM »

The structure adds a storage to the planet it is built on. You place ship hulls into that storage, which then get taken into the structure and are disassembled over time. You get "Research Progress" depending on the ship hull size, with a negative penalty for every D-Mod. Once you disassembled enough ship hulls to be at 100% progress, you can overwrite a blueprint of the same hull size with the new ship data. It takes multiple (3+) capital hulls to get to that point, so it's not easy - but very rewarding if you pull it off.

Is that mean just "restore your hulls with money before placing to special storage"? See no point in negative penalty on D-mods.

And what is it mean "overwrite"??? Is it about BP-item you need to have in storage, or about a known ships list?

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 02, 2020, 04:55:55 AM »

Is that mean just "restore your hulls with money before placing to special storage"? See no point in negative penalty on D-mods.

And what is it mean "overwrite"??? Is it about BP-item you need to have in storage, or about a known ships list?

Costs, costs, costs - sure, you can restore it - but that'll eat through your funds in a breeze.
Overwrite means that a blueprint of the same hull size has to be installed into the building like a Nanoforge.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 02, 2020, 05:10:38 AM »

Overwrite means that a blueprint of the same hull size has to be installed into the building like a Nanoforge.

I will not ask how you did that. Probably magic.

See a little problem here - players would grind BP from raiding weak factions without learning them (to be able to loot it from raid again and again) just to have a source of infinite spendable BP to supply reverse engineering structure. I don't consider this as a big issue, still it would be good to have a way to evade this.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 02, 2020, 07:06:31 AM »

I will not ask how you did that. Probably magic.

See a little problem here - players would grind BP from raiding weak factions without learning them (to be able to loot it from raid again and again) just to have a source of infinite spendable BP to supply reverse engineering structure. I don't consider this as a big issue, still it would be good to have a way to evade this.

Yup, black magic.
I don't think that motivating the player to play the game is a problem :P

Chikanuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 02, 2020, 10:40:15 AM »

I think its pretty good mechanics in general. Some players want to go for exploration and find BP, but some didnt. Players who want to fight 24\7 now have the way to accure BP as well.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 03, 2020, 07:58:12 AM »

Drunken suggestion:

Reverse engineering is available for the whitelist, right?

And what shall we do with ships not in that list? Or those unique ships, you can not obtain more than one? Obviously player shouldn't obtain the BP to create entire fleet of them, but how about rough copying? Put one ship into the hangar, disassemble it, duplicate parts - assemble more than one. Output - two (or three) hulls of a same type with a specific built-in hullmod that gives a "counterfeit" penalty to ship stats and inability to duplicate it again.

Unnamed_Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 04, 2020, 09:46:45 AM »

Drunken suggestion:

Reverse engineering is available for the whitelist, right?

And what shall we do with ships not in that list? Or those unique ships, you can not obtain more than one? Obviously player shouldn't obtain the BP to create entire fleet of them, but how about rough copying? Put one ship into the hangar, disassemble it, duplicate parts - assemble more than one. Output - two (or three) hulls of a same type with a specific built-in hullmod that gives a "counterfeit" penalty to ship stats and inability to duplicate it again.

I feel the Structure could be upgraded with a Pristine Nanoforge and Alpha Core. With both, you only need 1 Hull to create a duplicate.

Unique Duplicates consume the Nanoforge and Alpha Core (this means if you want to have another Copy, you would need to get another Nanoforge and Alpha Core)

To add to this idea. Maybe it might be crazy, but perhaps through Reverse Engineering you get the option to build a [REDACTED] Station as your Colony's Battlestation. Of course this consumes a Nanoforge and Alpha Core. But you get [REDACTED] Station as a Structure to build (no Blueprint, this means you would have to this process on every planet to get a [REDACTED] Station)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 09:53:33 AM by Unnamed_Shadow »

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 04, 2020, 09:58:57 AM »

Also due to how strong they are

Is that a joke? Even those full-powered versions are arguable weaker than any star fortress. Off course with no support fleets. And even if not weaker, definitely not twice as strong to take two industry slots.

Also, I believe this suggestion, although being good, does not belong to IndEvo responsibility zone.

DubTre6

• Commander
  • Tri-Tachyon Agricultural Rep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 07, 2020, 11:39:31 AM »

SirHartley, this mod is fabulous! It's been so much fun trying to decide which 12 buildings I want with all these options.

I do have one question, does the reinvestment edict from the senate work as intended? I haven't seen any money actually go back into my growth investments. Ok, maybe it does work and I just didn't wait long enough? Because after an in-game month, when I didn't see any reinvestment, I just shut down the edict. Thanks for your help in this regard  ;D
8) why fight the paragon when you can BE the paragon 8)

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 07, 2020, 12:19:29 PM »

Because after an in-game month, when I didn't see any reinvestment, I just shut down the edict

If your profits from that planet is lower than 20000 (IIRC), there would not be any investments made, sorry. If it is higher, but not enough to fill all investments - only that "over 20k" amount would be invested.

Investments are made only at the end of the month, IIRC. Check growth investments rate at the end of the month and on first day of the next one. Works for me.

decide which 12 buildings I want with all these options.

If we are here already. ©

@SirHartley are you ever ponder about making a "virtual market" option to fit additional structures? Or I've better shut up again?  :-X
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 12:23:42 PM by Mondaymonkey »

DubTre6

• Commander
  • Tri-Tachyon Agricultural Rep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 07, 2020, 03:48:05 PM »

@Mondaymonkey Thanks for the explanation, I'm gonna try it again
8) why fight the paragon when you can BE the paragon 8)

Unnamed_Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 07, 2020, 11:26:42 PM »

I feel you need to be able to choose which  Skill you can level up for your Administator on the Academy.

I find Planetary Operations to be the least useful for Administrators.

Being able to choose would be great.

I have sent 3 Administrators to get training at Eochu Bres, and they all get Planetary Operations, which really annoys me.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 155