Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 155

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1236155 times)

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I might make a shared storage with the Supercomputer, but I really can't promise anything - sorry!

Can I suggest a bad idea? Remove that Supercomputer storage and automatically deliver AI cores right from the gathering point storage. Player wouldn't use supercomputer if doesn't have enough AI cores in stash, so manual transportation them from stash to supercomputer storage - nothing more than extra <boring> action. And that is the way to supply more than one supercomputer from single storage.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Chikanuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Thats... Actually great idea! Also, if you will have option to shut down supercomputer temporarily at will ("Don't use cores" button) - it will be even more useful.

DecoyGrenadeOut

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello, I really enjoy your mods! It makes colony gameplay that much more engaging rather than being some cash pinata.

I'm just wondering if you could retrain (respec) your officers in the academy, maybe just once is fine, because I got some pretty inconsistent promotion skill choice leading to unoptimal build I want for the role of that officer and it would be great if I can redo it another way than just dismissing the person and find another one. Thank you!

S7

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I built an Academy in my primary world and it's making the administrators I train disappear. Is having officers over cap making this happen?
The retrieve administrator option is also not on the screen.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 12:29:44 PM by S7 »

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

I might make a shared storage with the Supercomputer, but I really can't promise anything - sorry!

Can I suggest a bad idea? Remove that Supercomputer storage and automatically deliver AI cores right from the gathering point storage. Player wouldn't use supercomputer if doesn't have enough AI cores in stash, so manual transportation them from stash to supercomputer storage - nothing more than extra <boring> action. And that is the way to supply more than one supercomputer from single storage.

Thats... Actually great idea! Also, if you will have option to shut down supercomputer temporarily at will ("Don't use cores" button) - it will be even more useful.

Absolutely disagreed, this is a terrible idea. Most people use their gathering point as a base, and the supercomputer would just start stealing cores from storage without you being able to do anything against it. It would be counter intuitive and cause issues.

Hello, I really enjoy your mods! It makes colony gameplay that much more engaging rather than being some cash pinata.

I'm just wondering if you could retrain (respec) your officers in the academy, maybe just once is fine, because I got some pretty inconsistent promotion skill choice leading to unoptimal build I want for the role of that officer and it would be great if I can redo it another way than just dismissing the person and find another one. Thank you!

Good proposal, I'm considering it. I do not want to circumvent vanilla gameplay mechanics, and I am on the fence if this is not a too heavy a change to the officer gameplay loop - so don't get your hopes up, it's not decided yet. Thanks!

I built an Academy in my primary world and it's making the administrators I train disappear. Is having officers over cap making this happen?
The retrieve administrator option is also not on the screen.

Yup that's a known bug. If you have no free officer space the "retrieve admin" button vanishes. Just store some officers and it'll reappear.

Chikanuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Well, i personally never ever leave my AI cores somewhere. And will not be counterintuitive if you warn everyone in building description. But whatever, this is not something important.
Also, im really like idea about officer respec. This is sad when my trusted officer got bad luck and waste last skill, simply cuz he has bad rolls several time straight. Like 3-5 lvl ups with only wing option for direct combat officers or *** damage control for anyone again and again.
Since im true autist i cannot play with such defected officer and forced to fire him. Even if it breaks my heart.

S7

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I'm gonna assume that deleting the academies, while there are some officers and administrators stored inside, will delete those administrators and officers?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 02:07:25 PM by S7 »

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

I'm gonna assume that deleting the academies, while there are some officers and administrators stored inside, will delete those administrators and officers?

Yep!

onychannel

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I'm encountering an issue where one of my two variable assemblers is not creating the heavy machinery it should.
I have 2 colonies, one i colonised myself, one is a pirate base I bought.
The pirate base is my default deposit with a variable manufactory, beta core and the marines/arms VPC, which is working just fine.
The other is a Variable Assembler with a beta core and the heavy machinery VPC, and says it produces 0, but afaik there is no disruption to the required supplies for the assembler. It is supposedly also delivering 0 to my other colony.

I'm not sure whether this is an issue with the fact that the pirate base is not technically mine because i bought it, or something else. The two colonies are in different systems.

Luddic Church wanted to satbomb the heresy out of me so i no longer have the 2nd colony to check whether it would still be an issue when upgraded to a manufactory

EvilWaffleThing

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I can see the rules packages in the settings here.
Code
"ruleCommandPackages":[
  "com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.academyRules",
  "com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.ambassadorRules",
  "com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.edictRules",
But I don't know how to access or change those. I wanted to set it up so I can keep training admins until they are perfect but with vastly increasing costs and time requirements.
How do I do that? I have a very minor understanding of coding and modding.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

strange bug

I have no idea how this can happen, but I'll look into it. thanks for the report!

I can see the rules packages in the settings here.
Code
"ruleCommandPackages":[
  "com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.academyRules",
  "com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.ambassadorRules",
  "com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.edictRules",
But I don't know how to access or change those. I wanted to set it up so I can keep training admins until they are perfect but with vastly increasing costs and time requirements.
How do I do that? I have a very minor understanding of coding and modding.

Not possible unless you can code java, completely change my code for officer training, and recompile the mod.

sorry!

Vocation

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I think something is wrong with military relays. If you have fleet size to max and have a relay it can increase fleet size an absurd amount. I currently have like 3000% increase and once I put an AI core in high command I suddenly get 20000% fleet size which crashes the game.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

I think something is wrong with military relays. If you have fleet size to max and have a relay it can increase fleet size an absurd amount. I currently have like 3000% increase and once I put an AI core in high command I suddenly get 20000% fleet size which crashes the game.

known problem with interstellar relay, please don't use AI cores in High Command - it's fixed for the next update.

Vocation

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I deleted all my military relays. The AI doesn't also seem to use them so its kinda unfair too.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 155