Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 154

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1235609 times)

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

First off, the bug report you got:

252373 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: D:\GAME\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Industrial.Evolution]
264743 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.campaign.econ.boggledTools.getCreateMirrorsOrShades(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/econ/MarketAPI;)Z
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.campaign.econ.boggledTools.getCreateMirrorsOrShades(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/econ/MarketAPI;)Z
        at data.campaign.econ.industries.Stellar_Reflector_Array.getCurrentImage(Stellar_Reflector_Array.java:328)

that is Boggled Station Construction. There is no way for Industrial Evolution to cause that crash!

Academy text
[close]
The text in that image is found in Industrial.Evolution\data\campaign\rules.csv

AI-Core text
[close]
The AI core effect text, as well as most tooltips for industries, conditions, code-based dialogue, campaign messages and log entires are in the compiled code (.jar) you can find the uncompiled source code in the \jars\src.zip file, and you can recompile the code into a new .jar after changing the texts.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 05:11:42 AM by SirHartley »

ShoelessRider

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hi, my save no longer loads after updating this mod to the latest version from 1.7.b and I made the mistake of not having a backup. Do you guys still have the 1.7.b version I can download or could you try to look at the problem for me? Much appreciated.

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=18758.0.

Try removing the Salvage Yards, then updating, then placing them again. I have never seen that crash before, but it is caused by the yards.
You can get any version of Industrial.Evolution from my repo

So I rolled back to 1.7.b, loaded into the save and removed all salvage yards from my colonies then updated it to 1.7.d and still get the same crash. When I set salvage yards to FALSE in the settings file, I got a different crash. Guess I'll stick with 1.7.b for this save for now, thank you very much for your help. If you want to get to the bottom of this I could send you the save or whatever you require. Thank you again for your time and for the great mod.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

I'm really sorry that I can't help here, no idea what is going wrong - I tried replicating it but was not able to.

Since the next update has a larger code revision the bug might already be fixed unknowingly.

n1Z0

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Question: Do the repair docks in NPC stations effectively become 'free ship storage' provided there are no D mods on the stored ship ?

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Question: Do the repair docks in NPC stations effectively become 'free ship storage' provided there are no D mods on the stored ship ?

At the moment - yes. That is fixed with the next update, enjoy it while it lasts.

n1Z0

• Ensign
    • View Profile

At the moment - yes. That is fixed with the next update, enjoy it while it lasts.

Excellent, I look forward to the update !

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile

SY get salvage units from hegemony AI inspection even if you are friendly and bribe it.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

JPR

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Question/feature request-

Would it be possible to add an embassy upgrade? I'd like to see something that can store 2 ambassadors and ups the relation between your faction AND their faction/ but at half the normal rate (E.x. You have an ambassador from the Hegemony and Persean League there, at the end of every month you gain +5 rep with the Hegemony and League, AND they gain +5 rep towards each other.)

Totally not annoyed how difficult it is to get factions to join a Nex alliance of 2+ factions :P

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Rather, all three factions get relation based on average. Really bad word choice. Example.

You have two ambassadors TT and heg. You have +75 with TT and +100 with hegs, they have -50 with each other. Averege - "+42".

Basic formula for TT could be (42-75)*0.2= -6 so it will lose 6 relations with player.

(42-(-50))*0.2=18, so it will gain 18 relations with hegs.

Hegs, on the other hand will (42-100)*0.2=-12, so they loose -12 to player, and gain same as TT +18 to each other.

All player need here - is to improve relation as they get worse for steady relation increase between those two factions.

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile

so i made a 'senate' in my star system and did the edict 'wartime lockdown' and now the stability bonus will not leave my world. its ben far to long, and i feel like i am cheating. any ideas on how to fix this?
i also have a world with two different stability bonus, both of witch should no longer be there.
it should be noted that when the bounes were active i gave my colonys autonomy (Nexerelin) and the one with the senate was invaded in the time the things were active.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile

The senate is game changer, now i doesn't need to reapply investment, thanks for such great mod!
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

SY get salvage units from hegemony AI inspection even if you are friendly and bribe it.

Thanks, I don't know if I can fix that, but I'll try.

Question/feature request-

Would it be possible to add an embassy upgrade? I'd like to see something that can store 2 ambassadors and ups the relation between your faction AND their faction/ but at half the normal rate (E.x. You have an ambassador from the Hegemony and Persean League there, at the end of every month you gain +5 rep with the Hegemony and League, AND they gain +5 rep towards each other.)

Possible - yes, but it doesn't quite make sense from a mechanical perspective - imagine Spain took a Chinese and a US Ambassador, put them in a room, and went "make your nations like each other."
Nexerelin has Agents that can raise relations between two factions as an assignment, give that a look.

so i made a 'senate' in my star system and did the edict 'wartime lockdown' and now the stability bonus will not leave my world. its ben far to long, and i feel like i am cheating. any ideas on how to fix this?
i also have a world with two different stability bonus, both of witch should no longer be there.
it should be noted that when the bounes were active i gave my colonys autonomy (Nexerelin) and the one with the senate was invaded in the time the things were active.

Yup, I *** that one up. Fixed, thanks for the report. (Lockdown)
What other stability bonus are you talking about?

The senate is game changer, now i doesn't need to reapply investment, thanks for such great mod!

Happy to hear that :)

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile

imagine Spain took a Chinese and a US Ambassador, put them in a room, and went "make your nations like each other."

That will not work because Spain have no great relationship neither with Chinese nor with US.

Imagine something else: US have relatively good relationship with UAE and Israel, and they dislike each other till the point they want to eliminate each other from the map. So, US use it's influence to force them to negotiate. Does it makes them to love each other? Apparently not. However it helps they not to have an open hostilities. And it works for last 50 years or so. And there are lot of historical examples when third country trades it's relationship with two countries (in a state of war with each other) to force them stop firing.

So, yeah, it's a common diplomatic trick - close two hostile ambassadors in one room till they agree at least in something. Or kill each other.

On the other hand, I do not use nex, so personally do not care of relation between the factions. And yeah, nex have agents, so it's not an Ind.evo head ache.

JPR

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I've used agents, but they feel "wrong". 90 days for a +15 between 2 nations? And then they trigger a -20 event and RIGHT BACK AT WAR again? Repeatedly? Plus, there's the fact that you keep having to manually assign them.

2 ambassadors for a smaller influence gain between you and them, and between their factions seems like a reasonable endgame building. Hell, make the upgrade an industry, call it a conclave or something, and cap the max influence between the 2 other factions to 0.
My goal isn't to make everyone like everyone else, it's to provide a way to allow actual peace between a few groups (or EVERYONE if you build like 25 buildings/get lucky with relations) that aren't in your grouping.

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile

Yup, I *** that one up. Fixed, thanks for the report. (Lockdown)
What other stability bonus are you talking about?

I think it was labor restrictions? however that one has left on its own, so i think that one was good, just was active when i was looking into this.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 154