Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 154

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1235930 times)

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Maybe it's just me (because gods know there's a lot of D-Mods the AI would just laugh at), but I dislike D-Mods not for me, but for the defense fleets of my colony, making a Beta Core not just a good choice, but the only choice.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Maybe it's just me (because gods know there's a lot of D-Mods the AI would just laugh at), but I dislike D-Mods not for me, but for the defense fleets of my colony, making a Beta Core not just a good choice, but the only choice.

Note that you always have the option to go for higher fleet quality in the fleet settings.
Also, with a Pristine forge and Orbital works at the largest ship producing colony, you should only rarely have even a single D-Mod while using Salvage Yards, unless you have something else reducing fleet quality.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Oh... So many words instead of "Yes, it's intended." That would entirely satisfy me. ;D

Problem in AI cores - Alpha is superior to Beta and Gamma, and logically should be able to do everything smaller brothers able to do and even more.

On the other hand, I really like your idea with diversification of bonuses! No, it's not "like", it is rather "love with all my heart". Now I understand the point you made it that way.

Suggestion: add some items, could be inserted into IndEvo building, similar to VPC. Each type (color, shape, grade...) gives player a unique bonus for each building. Players would understand that logic if it wouldn't be tied to a AI cores, which should be superior one to other. And for AI cores - you can just remove bonuses from them. Military relays does not receive a bonuses from AI core and no one think it is wrong.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

captinjoehenry

• Commander
    • View Profile

Oh... So many words instead of "Yes, it's intended." That would entirely satisfy me. ;D

Problem in AI cores - Alpha is superior to Beta and Gamma, and logically should be able to do everything smaller brothers able to do and even more.

On the other hand, I really like your idea with diversification of bonuses! No, it's not "like", it is rather "love with all my heart". Now I understand the point you made it that way.

Suggestion: add some items, could be inserted into IndEvo building, similar to VPC. Each type (color, shape, grade...) gives player a unique bonus for each building. Players would understand that logic if it wouldn't be tied to a AI cores, which should be superior one to other. And for AI cores - you can just remove bonuses from them. Military relays does not receive a bonuses from AI core and no one think it is wrong.

That would be nice.  Because as it is I've sort of just assumed that the higher AI cores just did everything the lower ones did as well.  Having that not be the case means I need to go and adjust all of them all over again.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

That would be nice.  Because as it is I've sort of just assumed that the higher AI cores just did everything the lower ones did as well.  Having that not be the case means I need to go and adjust all of them all over again.

Honestly, the tooltips say that pretty clearly, so reading them would have saved you from this in the first place :)

I can say right now that reworking AI core effects according to your proposal is not really feasible because of some upcoming features that close the installableItem route for most of my stuff. It'll be really cool though, so I hope that makes up for it!

captinjoehenry

• Commander
    • View Profile

Love this mod.  Only thing is that it doesn't seem to work perfectly with other mod added industries.  I have multiple Lanestate Battleyards in my system, which are basically super Heavy Industries and the Centralization Bureau does not seem to count them as production for supplies, machinery, heavy weapons or ship hulls.  Screenshot of one of the Battleyards:

and the Bureau in question

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Bureau works with a whitelist that does not include other mods for balance and bug reasons.
It'll only work with vanilla and the manufactory.

captinjoehenry

• Commander
    • View Profile

Bureau works with a whitelist that does not include other mods for balance and bug reasons.
It'll only work with vanilla and the manufactory.

Oh good to know!  Is the whitelist something that's exposed and users can edit or is it hardcoded?  As it would be nice to have it as something users could mess with for their mod industries

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

It's hardcoded at the moment, but I'll expose it for the next update since you asked.

Just note that editing that list might break things if the added industry does scripted stuff with it's commodity amounts, and there won't be handling for upgraded industries (f.i. at the moment, the bureau considers heavy indiustry and orbital works the same - that won't work for manually added industries)

captinjoehenry

• Commander
    • View Profile

It's hardcoded at the moment, but I'll expose it for the next update since you asked.

Just note that editing that list might break things if the added industry does scripted stuff with it's commodity amounts, and there won't be handling for upgraded industries (f.i. at the moment, the bureau considers heavy indiustry and orbital works the same - that won't work for manually added industries)

Fine by me!  A more complex option might just to make the exposed thing work like: industry_id, output1, output2, output3, output4, etc.  So that way it could avoid any issues?  ( Not knowing how you handle this on the back end I don't know if this would be an easier or harder option.)

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile

See some issues:

- Academy description said it massively increase hireable persons. And it is not. It can be compatibility issue with "better colonies" mod. It uses it's own mechanic for hireable people.

-Salvage yard looks like have some issues with salvages from expeditions being defeated by system patrols (no player presence in system). I am raided with pirates and expeditions a lot, each and every time defeated by defenders, but massage (and salvage value increased) appear only sometimes. Mostly nothing happens.

-Salvage yard have no (or minor, so I can't see it) influence on fleet quality. Even when it have lot of material and alpha core (which IIRC should not negate this effect). Is there a way to check if effect applies?

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile

-Salvage yard have no (or minor, so I can't see it) influence on fleet quality. Even when it have lot of material and alpha core (which IIRC should not negate this effect). Is there a way to check if effect applies?
It's definitely appearing for me. Are you sure it's on your largest producer planet?

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile

It's definitely appearing for me. Are you sure it's on your largest producer planet?

No. It's not the largest. See no point to have it there, as it able to give income from exporting metal and hulls from any planet. Also, it is able to contribute to production budget from any planet.

Yes, I know, having them on a same planet would increase value of produced hulls greatly, but... instead of one exporter now I have two and get approximately the same global marketshare (or even bigger) in hulls as from one large exporter.

Plus, do not forget global market is limited by other factions consuming and there are no large profits from enlarging a biggest exporter when you already have biggest marketshare.

So, if having pristine NF orbital works on different planet is a cure for "crappy hulls" decease - decease can be considered as imaginary.

P.S. Privateer base description said it will not cause deciv. Apparently it can. My Donn just deciv from my single privateer raid. It was strong raid, tho.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I can't figure out how to build an interstellar array?

EDIT: Because I no update like a smart smart.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Does privateer base have some kind of max radius? If it is, what kind of value?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 154