Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 154

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1235814 times)

Aereto

• Captain
    • View Profile

Somewhat of a bug; the privateer base never says the 1/system limit.

Thanks for letting me know - added the tooltip in dev.

I've encountered a funny but game braking/crashing bug:
I have a system of 6 planets (3 belong to me, 3 to my faction). All of my planets have military relays with one High Command. Upgrading any of the relays to interstellar gave me a bonus of +2147483647% on every planet. If I go to the custom fleet doctrines my game hangs and CTD :<

That's a bug.
What do you mean with "my faction" - the Nex autonomy feature?

Thanks for letting me know, I'll try replicating this.

Also, I don't know why but one of my planets, where a salvage yard exist has duplicated itself on my list of planets. It shows 0 income, has a secretary assign as overseer (can't change it as it automatically reverse) but doesn't count towards the number of owned planets. Is this normal?

This is how the salvage yards can function alongside heavy industry. Without this, it would not register as output for production budget calculations.

By the looks of the user's situation, the calculation of the combined relay bonus went awry when a system is full of military relays and just one interstellar relay, while 3 colonies are running autonomous mode (Nexelrin), supposedly since administrators technically count as player-controlled.

The bonus is so excessive that the faction doctrine tab is confused on how handle this many Deployment Points to budget in a 30-ship fleet.

That is my analysis. It is super helpful if he still has his save file to attach and see for yourself, but it does come with... required mods to keep factors in control in an experiment to search what went wrong.

Reavenant

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Ah good to know, I haven't used it before and it was quite a surprise for me!
By my faction I mean Approlight faction. I'm working for them and happened to take over some of their planets after Hegemony's invasion rolled over them. I've bought my rights to one of these 3 planets if it makes any difference for calculations.

I have a system of 6 planets (3 belong to me, 3 to my faction). All of my planets have military relays with one High Command. Upgrading any of the relays to interstellar gave me a bonus of +2147483647% on every planet. If I go to the custom fleet doctrines my game hangs and CTD :<

That's a bug.

Also, I don't know why but one of my planets, where a salvage yard exist has duplicated itself on my list of planets. It shows 0 income, has a secretary assign as overseer (can't change it as it automatically reverse) but doesn't count towards the number of owned planets. Is this normal?

This is how the salvage yards can function alongside heavy industry. Without this, it would not register as output for production budget calculations.

By the looks of the user's situation, the calculation of the combined relay bonus went awry when a system is full of military relays and just one interstellar relay, while 3 colonies are running autonomous mode (Nexelrin), supposedly since administrators technically count as player-controlled.

The bonus is so excessive that the faction doctrine tab is confused on how handle this many Deployment Points to budget in a 30-ship fleet.

That is my analysis. It is super helpful if he still has his save file to attach and see for yourself, but it does come with... required mods to keep factors in control in an experiment to search what went wrong.

Below I've attached a link to my Google drive with a 7zip archive of my mods and saves if you would like to have a look on what's happening there. At the moment I've degraded the interstellar relay on Crucible. Re-upgrade it and it should give you the same result.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ryvcjWiIQbfpB2CTfcy5iyc_PSpsz9Eq?usp=sharing

Best regards,
Reav
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 11:11:51 AM by Reavenant »

captinjoehenry

• Commander
    • View Profile

Ah good to know, I haven't used it before and it was quite a surprise for me!
By my faction I mean Approlight faction. I'm working for them and happened to take over some of their planets after Hegemony's invasion rolled over them. I've bought my rights to one of these 3 planets if it makes any difference for calculations.

That's a bug.

Below I've attached a link to my Google drive with a 7zip archive of my mods and saves if you would like to have a look on what's happening there. At the moment I've degraded the interstellar relay on Crucible. Re-upgrade it and it should give you the same result.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ryvcjWiIQbfpB2CTfcy5iyc_PSpsz9Eq?usp=sharing

Best regards,
Reav
I can confirm I have this same issue upgrading to an interstellar relay.  I can provide my mod list and save game as well if that would help.  As a note it probably has to do with the fact that the bonus I have is +460% which results in some crazy 3,000%+ fleet size.

Also having more than 3 or 4 additional systems makes the centralization building say that an Alpha Core is insufficient.  I would love to get even more than +3 but if not you might want to change the error message to something like +3 is the max instead of saying an Alpha Core is insufficient
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 05:55:38 PM by captinjoehenry »

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Thanks to everyone reporting the relay bug. It has been fixed for the next update.

Also having more than 3 or 4 additional systems makes the centralization building say that an Alpha Core is insufficient.  I would love to get even more than +3 but if not you might want to change the error message to something like +3 is the max instead of saying an Alpha Core is insufficient

That is also addressed with the next update!
Thanks!

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Spoiler
[close]

I guess, this is typo. Should be "80%" instead of "0%".
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

captinjoehenry

• Commander
    • View Profile

I'm not sure if this is a factor but I don't think the military relay affects the size of invasion and defense fleets when using Nexerlim.  Mind you I don't even know if a planets fleet size effects the size of an invasion / defense fleet that Nexerlim spawns

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Spoiler
[close]

I guess, this is typo. Should be "80%" instead of "0%".

damn you, operator precedence, foiling my tooltips once again!
I forgot a parenthesis. Thanks for letting me know, fixed it!

I'm not sure if this is a factor but I don't think the military relay affects the size of invasion and defense fleets when using Nexerlim.  Mind you I don't even know if a planets fleet size effects the size of an invasion / defense fleet that Nexerlim spawns

The relay bonus is recognised by the game just like any other fleet size bonus is. I do not know how Nexerelin calculates invasion fleet points, but if it is based on planetary fleet size rating, it will take the relay effects into account.

Glomzubuk

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I came across a strange bug during my playthrough, the option to retrieve admins and officers disappeared from the academy. They can still be viewed in the training menu if they are eligible for training.
I was on version 1.7.b when it happened, and it stays unavailable after upgrading to 1.7.d .

The only thing related I can think of happening between it being available and now is gaining a bonus administrator slot with nex, upping my capacity to 9.

Here is the academy screen:
Spoiler
[close]
And an administrator in storage I can see:
Spoiler
[close]

Great mod by the way, I'm having a blast with all the things it brings =)

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

That strange bug is known and fixed in dev. The option to retrieve admins vanishes while you do not have free officer slots.

just store a few officers until you are below the limit and the option to retrieve admins should appear again.

Thank you for reporting this, and happy to hear you are having fun with the mod!

ZeCaptain

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Does the system wide officer bonuses from the academy stack?

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Does the system wide officer bonuses from the academy stack?

Nope

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Question: is it intended better AI core bonuses does not include lesser AI bonuses?

I mean, if alpha AI able to change officer behavior twice, why it can't reduce upkeep? Especially if structure is empty and no ongoing training. That makes Gamma core preferable if player will not use academy for a some time.

Same thing to privateer base.

Spoiler
[close]
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Shuka

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

What are a few resources to the alpha core but means to an end. Do not belabor HAL 9000 a meager sacrifice of labor and capital.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Question: is it intended better AI core bonuses does not include lesser AI bonuses?

I mean, if alpha AI able to change officer behavior twice, why it can't reduce upkeep? Especially if structure is empty and no ongoing training. That makes Gamma core preferable if player will not use academy for a some time.

Same thing to privateer base.
Stranger still with the Salvage Yard, where you need a Beta Core if you don't like D-Mods in your empire.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Okay, so when I first started making these, I decided not to adhere to the standard vanilla set with AI cores. The vanilla effects always increase the last one, yes, but this results in an inflexible system - using a gamma core is almost never worth it, a beta core only sometimes, and an alpha core is always worth it.

This was not something I wanted to carry over, mostly for one reason - it's not all that interesting.

What is interesting, is having to decide which bonus you want. Do you want less upkeep, or more efficiency, or a stronger effect? Maybe you could go for stronger effect if you alleviate the upkeep issue another way? All of these are choices you could not take if I included the full beta/gamma core effects in the alpha core.

Then, there is the balance aspect. I am able to make AI core effects a lot more powerful than vanilla, because they do not include each other. Imagine stacking the Ind.Evo core effects: Case: Privateer Base: Alpha core would delay output decay by 1 month, increase raid strength by 20%, increase raid frequency on the same system, and increase the amount of spoils, blueprints and weapons. Sounds OP? That's cause it is - but making either of these a choice without including the other is not.

Lastly, the salvage yards. Yeah, you need a beta core if you dislike D-Mods. But what if you actually want D-Mods for an industry skill play through, or just don't care? You can still restore it for cheap via restoration docks, and boost the output with an Alpha core instead - or use a gamma core to make your scrap supply last longer.

It's a choice, and as such, I consider my usage of AI core effects superior to the vanilla model.
I keep seeing screenshots of my industries on discord, and there is almost always a different AI core installed. Vanilla - it's always none, or an alpha core.

Especially if structure is empty and no ongoing training. That makes Gamma core preferable if player will not use academy for a some time.
This is exactly the reason why I did it this way.
Yup, it's preferable - you could put that alpha core to good use somewhere else while you don't need it in the Academy, instead of having it permanently bound there.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 154