Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 155

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1236153 times)

knogleknuser

• Ensign
    • View Profile

most detailed bug report I have ever seen

Thank you, the amount of information you provided is really good- and allowed me to fix that issue immediately.
This is save compatible to all 1.5 versions, but if you have a Privateer Base you might have to replace it via console commands for the changes to take effect:
https://bitbucket.org/SirHartley/deconomics/downloads/Industrial.Evolution1.5.h-beta2.zip

Spoiler
1.5.h-beta2

• Centralization Bureau
  • Fixed - Now actually works again
  • Privateer Base
  • Adjusted - no longer raids and exports ship hulls (also fixes fleet quality issue)
  • Adjusted - Output decay changed from general to individual for commodity exports
  • Adjusted - Output decay starts immediately instead of 1 month time out
  • Adjusted - Output decay now 2/month, up from 1
  • Adjusted - Spoils now contain more weapons, less high-value blueprints
  • Adjusted - Reduced exports on failed raid by 30%
  • Fixed - correctly factors in fleet size for raid strength
  • Fixed - Only get output on failed raid fleet reached the target system
  • Fixed - Crash when Target Picker only finds bad systems
  • Embassy
  • Fixed - Dialogue not loading correctly when docking at abandoned stations
  • Fixed - Ambassador shows wrong dialogue after market change
  • Fixed - Ambassador of the wrong faction deposited in inventory
[close]

And here I was fearing that I wasn't providing enough information :P

valerate

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hi!

So Im playing with and started a new game with the latest verision, and I seem to have found a bug:

Hegemony just took a planet from me while I chased some other fleet, and when I went back to invade it and took it back, it now crashes. I had autosave on when I left the planet screen so now the save is bricked.

This is the error I get:

Code
110360 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager.getFactionEmbassyCount(deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager.java:195)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager.updateLastDayRep(deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager.java:180)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager.onNewDay(deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager.java:54)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_TimeTracker.onNewDay(deconomics_TimeTracker.java:52)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_TimeTracker.advance(deconomics_TimeTracker.java:30)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I assume its related to this mod due to the mention of a ambassador.
My assumption is that it doesnt like to switch ambassador everyday/twice in a day?

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Please also update to the beta, there is a download link earlier this thread - it should solve that issue if this is a new game.
(updating from 1.4 to 1.5 without starting a new game also causes that crash, and it is not solvable)

valerate

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I made the save when 15 came out, and I already have the latest (15g) installed, as I said in my post.

Additional info, I used to have this issue with another planet too, but had a save just before I captured it and just waited a monthish time and tried capturing it and it worked that time.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 11:13:45 AM by valerate »

nekuskylord

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello, I also had the same problem. But mine is fixed when you quickly build an embassy after taking over a planet, but the ambassador will try to leave the embassy indefinitely. I tried getting rid of him by comm but he is still there and gives notification about leaving the office. I also tried the beta update, but still get the same result.

EDIT: Apparently disabling embassy helps this.

110264 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_TimeTracker  - running OnNewDay for com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager
110539 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager.getFactionEmbas syCount(deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager.java:195)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager.getCurrentRepFo rFactionsWithEmbassy(deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager.java:167)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager.repTracker(deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager.java:110)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager.onNewDay(deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager.java:53)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_TimeTracker.onNewDay(deconomics_TimeTracker.java:52)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_TimeTracker.advance(deconomics_TimeTracker.java:30)

« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 10:55:24 PM by nekuskylord »

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

To you as well, please update to the beta, which fixes this issue.
Disabling Embassies will just postpone the problem, not solve it.

Thanks to you both for reporting this, letting me know about issues you encounter is the only way I can fix them, and I absolutely appreciate it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 01:02:32 AM by SirHartley »

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile

getting that same crash with the latest version after invading oasis

Spoiler
894677 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager.getFactionEmbas syCount(deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager.java:195)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager.updateLastDayRe p(deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager.java:180)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager.onNewDay(deconomics_ambassadorPersonManager.java:54)
[close]

Dont see a link to the beta version of the mod so I presume beta is 1.5.g which is the version I have
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 09:54:48 AM by Mealstrom »

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

beta is version h, available only on the discord for now - but I'll push a full update sometime tomorrow, which will fix all the problems this mod has at the moment (I hope).
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 10:08:04 AM by SirHartley »

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile

Found a possible bug with the drydock/repair facility:

Base value, no AI core, says it repairs 3 d-mods per month at 50% normal cost.  Sounds great, right?  So I took a ship with three d-mods and checked how much it would cost to fix it in the normal refit screen.  Total: $1,000,000.  So instead I threw it into the drydock to save money.  1st month goes by, I am billed $500,000 and it is now down to 2 d-mods.  What happened to the other two points?  They went to other ships, which is fine... except that it is charging 50% of the total repair cost per d-mod fixed whenever it is splitting its efforts this way.  And the other ships also got the bill for 50% of the refit screen cost as well, even though they also only repaired one d-mod each.

In other words, yes you pay 50% of the regular price per pass through the machinery, regardless of how many d-mods are actually removed (in my case, 1 out of 3).  Which means that, in actuality, this is costing me more than conventional repairs in the refit screen.

Now obviously I can probably bypass this whole issue by only putting in one ship at a time and making sure that all three of the facility's points all went into that one ship, in which case yes it will be working as intended.  The problem, of course, is that I usually have 3-4 ships waiting in line and having to fly back home every month to swap them is both wasteful in time, fuel, supplies, etc.

Fix, I believe, would be expanding the math involved to divide that total cost by the number of d-mods present and then multiplying by the number actually fixed.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

I am unsure what you did there, as restoring a ship via the vanilla function costs 1.2x base hull price per D-Mod (2.4x for 2 D-Mods, 3.6x for 3 D-Mods).

The Restoration docks restore D-Mods at 0.5x base hull cost per D-Mod (this means 1.0x for 2 D-Mods) - it calculates in this way as well, it does not matter if one or three D-Mods are restored in one pass, the total amount will stay the same.

The following is the code that calculates cost:
Code
float cost = (((ship.getHullSpec().getBaseValue())*0.5F)*betaCoreBonus);
                    iNode.upkeep += cost; //Add flat cost to monthly report

What you are describing does not line up with how I coded it.
I'll test this in game again to make sure, thank you for letting me know your theory.

Edit - I am definitely wrong on the above, ship restoration does in fact cost (baseHullPrice * 1.2)*(1.2^dModCount) - which means my math is incorrect, and your report makes sense.
You are slightly off though - even if you repair all 3 Dmods via Restoration docks at once, it'll still cost you more than conventional repairs.

This has been fixed for the next release, thank you for letting me know.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 05:52:57 AM by SirHartley »

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile

On version 1.5G (first install) and ran into some issues.

1. The Hegemony did an inspection on my Salvage Yard and confiscated the non existent AI that runs it. On the colony screen it's got my assistant there and every time I change him to me it changes back to him and it insists that I have one AI run market even though I don't use any.

2. The embassy is constantly cycling reputation up by 10 and then a few days later back down again by 5 (bu doubled) so I'm stuck in a loop of no reputation changes. (The game also crashes if I remove it)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 02:37:21 AM by ctuncks »

ZeCaptain

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Thanks for this very interesting mod.

One thing to note is I'm using nex with this mod (and a buttload of others) and I have never seen a raid bring back a schematic. Also they add redonkulous amounts of stuff to my economy.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

1. The Hegemony did an inspection on my Salvage Yard and confiscated the non existent AI that runs it. On the colony screen it's got my assistant there and every time I change him to me it changes back to him and it insists that I have one AI run market even though I don't use any.

No way to fix this until the next Starsector version. The salvage yards need that market to extend your ship production budget, and unless you want it taking up a colony slot, it must have that AI admin - you don't pay for it though, so it's generally fine.

2. The embassy is constantly cycling reputation up by 10 and then a few days later back down again by 5 (bu doubled) so I'm stuck in a loop of no reputation changes. (The game also crashes if I remove it)

I have no idea why it would do that, this is the first time anyone ever mentioned that. Please update to the beta available on the discord and check if the issue persists.

Thanks for this very interesting mod.

One thing to note is I'm using nex with this mod (and a buttload of others) and I have never seen a raid bring back a schematic. Also they add redonkulous amounts of stuff to my economy.

Blueprints get delivered to the Production Gathering Point. You might just have missed that, as there is no extra notification.
The output has been fixed in the discord beta (You'll have to remove/Replace the building for the changes to take effect) - keep in mind though that it does take two industry slots, and has an output to accommodate this.

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile

The following is the code that calculates cost:
Code
float cost = (((ship.getHullSpec().getBaseValue())*0.5F)*betaCoreBonus);
                    iNode.upkeep += cost; //Add flat cost to monthly report

Well, it's been a long time since I've had to use trigonometry for anything so I could be getting this wrong... but it looks like it is indeed grabbing the repair cost based off the number of d-mods present at the time and then dividing that as the cost.  Which again would be fine if it was automatically fixing all the d-mods in one pass... except that it often doesn't.

If you have multiple damaged ships, or even just one ship with more than 3 d-mods, then you're still paying the costs based on all the d-mods on the ship even though it only fixing a partial amount.  When the next month rolls around, you end up paying the costs for whatever d-mods are left over a second time... or even a third or forth.

Meaning float=cost of $1,000,000 for 5 d-mods (@$200,000 each), only 1 gets fixed that month, cost is still $1,000,000.  Month two it is down to $800,000, pay $800,000, fix maybe 2 more of them.  Now down to 2 left... pay $800,000 in month three, and done.  Total cost: $2,600,000 for a $1,000,000 repair job.  I have officially paid more than it would have cost in the refit screen.

So.... I'd suggest something more along the lines of this:

float total cost = (((ship.getHullSpec().getBaseValue())*0.5F)*betaCoreBonus)
float cycle cost = (float total cost/number of d-mods present)*how many d-mods will be repaired this cycle

So if you have a ship with 5 d-mods and a total cost of $1,000,000 to fix it in drydock and it is only slated to fix 2 of them...
($1,000,000/5)*2=$400,000.

You now pay $400,000 to fix the two d-mods and the rest of the cost gets pushed back until it is actually fixed, because next cycle it will recompute it as $600,000 to fix for 3 d-mods.  Drydock fixes 2 of them.  $600,000/3=$200,000 (still) * 2 fixed = $400,000.   One d-mod to go on month three and it costs $200,000.  Ta-da, all $1,000,000 has been spent as it should be.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Check my response again, I updated it stating that I was wrong about calculations earlier.

Your proposal sadly won't work due to total repair cost per mod changing with total amounts. Repairing a ship with 4 D-Mods according to your formula would cost 70% base hull price, repairing one with 10 would be 40% - and what happens if the ship gains an additional D-Mod after being partially repaired?

I found a solution for this and fixed it in the next update - nothing will change in how the structure functions, but it will correctly bill you the 50% cost/D-Mod.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 155