Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 155

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1237403 times)

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile

If I may make a suggestion: Currently assemblers drop off their goods in the storage area of their own planets.  I think it would more useful if they delivered to the production target planet.  When one has 10+ colonies, running around every month to pick up all that stuff from all those different planets gets tedious.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

If I may make a suggestion: Currently assemblers drop off their goods in the storage area of their own planets.  I think it would more useful if they delivered to the production target planet.  When one has 10+ colonies, running around every month to pick up all that stuff from all those different planets gets tedious.

implemented in the next release on friday thursday
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 11:16:01 AM by SirHartley »

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Quality-of -life update, some maintenance, some adjustments.
No new industry because rules.csv and learning curves.

I probably spent more time on maths and calculations than on actual coding this time.

Logarithmic increase means you can't produce 11.000 domestic goods per month anymore, but your amounts will increase faster and then stagnate.
This is now the case for all variable industries - the output has also been reduced in total.
Oh, and no more running around trying to gather everything up - these buildings come with home delivery now.

The Supercomputer now needs AI cores to function. Once installed, it will become locked to the industry and burn out after an amount of time, depending on the core.
There is also a storage for these - you can place cores there and the industry will replenish itself once the active core runs out. (The storage is where your normal storage is as well, but to the left - called "AI-Core Storage")
Effects stayed the same - if you want 20% more increase, you will now have to permanently sacrifice an alpha core - but it will last you a year, compared to the month of a gamma.

Change Log
1.3.a
  • Variable Industries
  • Adjusted all deposit outputs from linear increase to logarithmic increase
  • Adjusted output is now delivered to the production gathering point.
  • Centralization Bureau
  • Fixed tooltip - again
  • Fixed not getting a bonus between heavy industry and orbital works
  • Supercomputer
  • Added AI core consumption: the industry will now require AI cores to work, and destroy them in the process.
  • Added AI-core storage: this is where the Supercomputer takes the AI cores from.
  • Fixed gamma core giving better hidden bonuses than alpha core
  • Adjusted beta core tooltip for better understanding (Thanks Coherent Watermelon!)
  • Adjusted some under-the-hood parts for AI behaviour
  • Adjusted the chance for nothing at all, carry on.
[close]
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 11:14:01 AM by SirHartley »

DerpFaceCake

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I know it's your mod and any changes are up to your decision (The author). But I don't see why a Supercomputer would require AI cores to use as of 1.3? Specifically, since the description mentions them being 'barely tolerated' by the Hegemony. Because by logic if a supercomputer integrates an Alpha core to itself for usage, doesn't it become an Alpha core already?

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

I know it's your mod and any changes are up to your decision (The author). But I don't see why a Supercomputer would require AI cores to use as of 1.3? Specifically, since the description mentions them being 'barely tolerated' by the Hegemony. Because by logic if a supercomputer integrates an Alpha core to itself for usage, doesn't it become an Alpha core already?

Out-of-game reason:
I needed a way to balance the massive financial gain these buildings can generate. A single computer on a cryovolcanic planet in a system with 4 colonies with ~100.000 credits income/month will generate an additional 60.000 credits for free. That was too much to not have a drawback. People were building 10+ supercomputers in nebulas, which is not intended.

In-universe reason:
The description has been updated to this:
Built deep into the earth, these massive supercomputing units use shackled AI to facilitate their work, causing their cores to burn out. The Hegemony keeps a close eye on all these facilities, but there is no known instance of one ever becoming self aware.

FrackaMir

• Ensign
    • View Profile

That ain't so bad with the new change for Super computers, although Players can still grind for Ai Cores and theres a mod that allows production of them too

Also seems the Mod Isn't really save game friendly it seems? I'm updating to the newest version of this mod from the base 1.0 ver it was at and the error it gives seems to point to Salvage Yards.

Unsure why it causes it as it's just some buildings and industries, wherein none of them have been removed so no clue why the game's freaking out

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Hey, I can't balance this around other mods, or I'd never get it done :)

could you post me starsector.log?
it will be in your starsector-core folder

Unsure why it causes it as it's just some buildings and industries, wherein none of them have been removed so no clue why the game's freaking out
those buildings and industries are not as simple as they seem - salvage yards uses multiple scripts to work, so it is likely something there is failing, but I won't know more until I can take a look at your log.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 11:58:40 AM by SirHartley »

CrimsonPhalanx

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Just a really minor thing I've noticed in my game. Luxury goods display as "null" in the notification that says how many units were transported to the gathering point, it works fine tho, just the text.

FrackaMir

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Well here's the log with the, well I think Isolated error debug from the rather giant mess of a log, due to all the mods I use, which is almost all of them that are compatible and can work

Spoiler
773766 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  -
---- Debugging information ----
cause-exception     : com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.CannotResolveClassException
cause-message       : com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.deconomics_AltHullProd
class               : java.util.ArrayList
required-type       : java.util.ArrayList
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter
line number         : 309241
class[1]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market
converter-type[1]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter
class[2]            : com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.deconomics_ScrapYard
class[3]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet
class[4]            : com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.OrbitalStationGD
class[5]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignPlanet
class[6]            : com.fs.util.container.repo.ObjectRepository
class[7]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem
class[8]            : com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.BaseLimitedFleetManager$ManagedFleetData
class[9]            : data.scripts.world.tiandong.tiandong_MercFleetManager
class[10]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CircularOrbit
class[11]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.CampaignFleetAI$FleetAssignmentData
class[12]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.AssignmentModule
class[13]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.ModularFleetAI
class[14]           : data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderNonEventFleetManager$NonEventRaiderManagedFleetData
class[15]           : data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderNonEventFleetManager
class[16]           : data.scripts.campaign.intel.bar.events.PromiseBarEvent
class[17]           : data.scripts.campaign.intel.bar.events.PromiseIntel
class[18]           : java.util.LinkedHashMap
converter-type[2]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter
class[19]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.Memory
class[20]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CustomCampaignEntity
class[21]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation$LocationToken
class[22]           : scripts.campaign.ai.Roider_MinerAssignmentAI
class[23]           : scripts.campaign.fleets.Roider_MinerManager
class[24]           : scripts.campaign.econ.Roider_Dives
class[25]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CircularOrbitPointDown
class[26]           : com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.RouteManager$RouteSegment
class[27]           : com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.RouteManager$RouteData
class[28]           : com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.RouteManager
class[29]           : java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap
class[30]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats
class[31]           : com.fs.starfarer.rpg.Person
class[32]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember
class[33]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetData
class[34]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CargoData
class[35]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoItemStack
class[36]           : exerelin.campaign.submarkets.Nex_StoragePlugin
class[37]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Submarket
class[38]           : com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.FactionProduction
class[39]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Faction
class[40]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.UpdateMarketsAgainTask
class[41]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper
class[42]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy
class[43]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem$UpdateFromHyperspaceLocation
class[44]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Hyperspace
class[45]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine
converter-type[3]   : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.I
version             : not available
-------------------------------
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException:
---- Debugging information ----
cause-exception     : com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.CannotResolveClassException
cause-message       : com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.deconomics_AltHullProd
class               : java.util.ArrayList
required-type       : java.util.ArrayList
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter
line number         : 309241
class[1]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market
converter-type[1]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter
class[2]            : com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.deconomics_ScrapYard
class[3]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet
class[4]            : com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.OrbitalStationGD
class[5]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignPlanet
class[6]            : com.fs.util.container.repo.ObjectRepository
class[7]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem
class[8]            : com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.BaseLimitedFleetManager$ManagedFleetData
class[9]            : data.scripts.world.tiandong.tiandong_MercFleetManager
class[10]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CircularOrbit
class[11]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.CampaignFleetAI$FleetAssignmentData
class[12]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.AssignmentModule
class[13]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.ModularFleetAI
class[14]           : data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderNonEventFleetManager$NonEventRaiderManagedFleetData
class[15]           : data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderNonEventFleetManager
class[16]           : data.scripts.campaign.intel.bar.events.PromiseBarEvent
class[17]           : data.scripts.campaign.intel.bar.events.PromiseIntel
class[18]           : java.util.LinkedHashMap
converter-type[2]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter
class[19]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.Memory
class[20]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CustomCampaignEntity
class[21]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation$LocationToken
class[22]           : scripts.campaign.ai.Roider_MinerAssignmentAI
class[23]           : scripts.campaign.fleets.Roider_MinerManager
class[24]           : scripts.campaign.econ.Roider_Dives
class[25]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CircularOrbitPointDown
class[26]           : com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.RouteManager$RouteSegment
class[27]           : com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.RouteManager$RouteData
class[28]           : com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.RouteManager
class[29]           : java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap
class[30]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats
class[31]           : com.fs.starfarer.rpg.Person
class[32]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember
class[33]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetData
class[34]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CargoData
class[35]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoItemStack
class[36]           : exerelin.campaign.submarkets.Nex_StoragePlugin
class[37]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Submarket
class[38]           : com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.FactionProduction
class[39]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Faction
class[40]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.UpdateMarketsAgainTask
class[41]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper
class[42]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy
class[43]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem$UpdateFromHyperspaceLocation
class[44]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Hyperspace
class[45]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine
converter-type[3]   : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.I
version             : not available
[close]

I think this is it

Didn't provide the Log File itself as its pretty massive and I reckon it'd be a large hassle to go through

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Just a really minor thing I've noticed in my game. Luxury goods display as "null" in the notification that says how many units were transported to the gathering point, it works fine tho, just the text.
Thank you for the heads up, fixed it for the next update.

Well here's the log with the, well I think Isolated error debug from the rather giant mess of a log, due to all the mods I use, which is almost all of them that are compatible and can work

I think this is it

Didn't provide the Log File itself as its pretty massive and I reckon it'd be a large hassle to go through

Did you delete the old mod files and then install the new ones? I think that error happens when the mod files get overwritten.

thesonofdarwin

• Ensign
    • View Profile

About 30 seconds before I saved, I got an intel about a salvage (or ship?) yard depreciating. My game CTD shortly after. Now any time I load my save, about 30 seconds later it will CTD reliably. I've tried to leave the system, enter battles, etc. so it seems like it's unavoidable at this point. I haven't added any new mods or removed/disabled mods since I started this save.

CTD Error:
Code
58434 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.deconomics_ScrapYard.movePlayerShipsToRealStorage(deconomics_ScrapYard.java:251)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.SalvageAdminResetPlugin.resetSalvageAdmin(SalvageAdminResetPlugin.java:61)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.SalvageAdminResetPlugin.advance(SalvageAdminResetPlugin.java:38)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Mods Enabled:
Spoiler
{"enabledMods": [
  "active_gates",
  "anvil_industries",
  "lw_autosave",
  "sd_boardable_unboardables_vanilla",
  "CombatAnalytics",
  "diableavionics",
  "edshipyard",
  "XLU",
  "sun_fuel_siphoning",
  "HA",
  "deconomics",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "MagicLib",
  "Mayasuran Navy",
  "bonomel_skilledup",
  "Boggled Station Construction",
  "timid_supply_forging",
  "TORCHSHIPS",
  "vayrashippack",
  "shaderLib"
]}
[close]

Any ideas? I think this is the station causing the crash, though I'm not certain: https://imgur.com/a/MwJqSVm

Edit: Yep, that's the Salvage Yard causing the crash. I shut it down and now am not getting the CTD. Any idea what this is happening? I'm hesitant to create a new Salvage Yard due to not knowing why this happened.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 03:07:16 PM by thesonofdarwin »

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Thank you for the extremely detailed crash report.

The salvage yards are trying to find a storage for a market that does not exist. Boggles station construction creates stations without primary entity, which is why this happens.

I hope I fixed that problem for the next release, but in the meantime you can replace your .jar file (Industrial.Evolution\jars) with this one:
https://bitbucket.org/SirHartley/deconomics/downloads/Deconomics.jar

it should fix the crash.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 01:30:05 AM by SirHartley »

thesonofdarwin

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Thanks for the quick update! Is there anything I need to do aside from replace the .jar? I get a CTD when launching the game after doing that. I tried unchecking the mod and loading the game and I can get to main menu. However, with mod enabled I get this before I get to main menu:

https://imgur.com/a/EWTqhGw

Log message:

Code
24668 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.deconomics_AltHullProd]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.deconomics_AltHullProd]
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$3.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.deconomics_AltHullProd
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:179)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 2 more

I replaced the new JAR with the backup (original) I had and it allows the game to launch fine.

I created a save just at the point where it was crashing before due to the mod interaction, so I'd like to be able to test this for you.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 10:54:53 AM by thesonofdarwin »

FrackaMir

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Yeah I always delete the old Mod files when updating, I simply think it might be save related as the old mod stuff might still be in the saves data, hence why it might be having an issue with the newer version

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Thanks for the quick update! Is there anything I need to do aside from replace the .jar? I get a CTD when launching the game after doing that. I tried unchecking the mod and loading the game and I can get to main menu. However, with mod enabled I get this before I get to main menu:

https://imgur.com/a/EWTqhGw

Log message:

Code
24668 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.deconomics_AltHullProd]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.deconomics_AltHullProd]
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$3.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.deconomics_AltHullProd
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:179)
... 2 more

I replaced the new JAR with the backup (original) I had and it allows the game to launch fine.

I created a save just at the point where it was crashing before due to the mod interaction, so I'd like to be able to test this for you.

Oh. Are you using the latest version? I can also fix the issue for earlier versions, but I'll have to know which one you are running.

Yeah I always delete the old Mod files when updating, I simply think it might be save related as the old mod stuff might still be in the saves data, hence why it might be having an issue with the newer version

I figured it out in the meantime - I refactored some code in the background and the AltHullProd was moved, which is making games with built salvage yards crash.
So this is not on your end, but on mine - I can't revert the change, sadly, so the only thing that you could do was to remove all salvage yards via console commands, save, update, and add them again. (removeIndustry deconomics_ScrapYard).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 155