Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 154

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1225587 times)

not a luddic path member

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Industrial.Evolution 2.2.f - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #990 on: July 26, 2021, 01:23:06 PM »

Wait do people not go looking through others post history to save us time

Talk about a level of entitled-ness lol. People like you are the reason why mod creators frequently pull their work off public release. They don't owe you anything and you don't deserve any of it if your gonna continue to act like this. Stop acting like your too big/your time is too important to the rest of us. We got lives going on; just like you do.
is that an alpha core in your pocket or are you just excited to see me

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: July 26, 2021, 01:54:58 PM »

So wait, that's worth using?
I kinda just viewed it as an inferior reverse engineering...
Spoiler
If you install alpha cores in the forge and disassembler the produced ships will have additional s-mods (which don't take up your manual s-mod slots, you can even get a third logistics hull mod this way) at the cost of a bunch of d-mods that you can get rid of the normal way. One of the d-mods is particularly nasty since it makes all your weapons and engines get malfunctions so you'll likely want to clear that one out before sending the ship into serious battles. The process will also duplicate all s and d-mods on the ship you disassembled so doing the s-modding first and then copying the ship will save you a few more SP.

Mind you, it IS a lot of fuss and money for often relatively minor bonuses but if you want to squeeze every last bit of performance out of a ship it can be worth doing.
[close]

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: July 27, 2021, 11:13:24 AM »

so a random thought

Can i disassemble a zigg for more ziggs?
also this whole scanning error thing, mabe it's just me but i did not notice a difference in installed hull mods and errors to be honest when using an alpha core at the disassembler or whatever it is called

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 27, 2021, 11:55:23 AM »

Reverse Engineering gives you a blueprint. The derelict Chain gives you one to five (depending on hull size / AI cores) carbon copies of the ship you used, including installed S-Mods, and has the ability to apply three more S-Mods for free if the correct cores are used.

However, and this answers this:
also this whole scanning error thing, mabe it's just me but i did not notice a difference in installed hull mods and errors to be honest when using an alpha core at the disassembler or whatever it is called
You can get different amounts / levels of printing errors. These are normal D-Mods you can remove, but the amount entirely depends on the AI cores you use. Reading the Tooltips here is extremely important, you can absolutely *** yourself if you install cores with effects you don't want. (effectively - you can decide between a pristine hull, or more hulls with more defects, or normal amount with extra S-mods but more defects and so on).

Note that the "Automated Construction" mod can't be removed and is responsible for the free S-Mods being actually free, so removing it via console is not very smart.

regarding this:
so a random thought

Yes.

Destroyer140

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 27, 2021, 10:51:39 PM »

Hi,

Quick question, I've been reading the last few posts here about forging ships with S mods and all that good stuff, but in the last implementation of the mod I played with (I believe it was 1.8c) going through the whole chain of deconstructing to template making to rebuilding from template, there was 3 degree of "automated ship construction" penalty hullmod of varying severity and even under best case scenario you ended up with hull which had random breakdowns mid fight.

Is this changed in the newest 2.2f build? If you AI core/otherwise buff industries can you end up with hulls that don't have random breakdowns?

I tried to track back in the changelog as far as it dates back in the main post but I didn't find anything about that.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 10:53:12 PM by Destroyer140 »

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: July 27, 2021, 11:01:34 PM »

regarding this:
so a random thought

Yes.

That's not blacklisted?

Hi,

Quick question, I've been reading the last few posts here about forging ships with S mods and all that good stuff, but in the last implementation of the mod I played with (I believe it was 1.8c) going through the whole chain of deconstructing to template making to rebuilding from template, there was 3 degree of "automated ship construction" penalty hullmod of varying severity and even under best case scenario you ended up with hull which had random breakdowns mid fight.

Is this changed in the newest 2.2f build? If you AI core/otherwise buff industries can you end up with hulls that don't have random breakdowns?

I tried to track back in the changelog as far as it dates back in the main post but I didn't find anything about that.

Printing Defects is a regular d-mod and can be removed with a Restore, the restoration dock or just the Field Repairs skill and some waiting.

Destroyer140

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 27, 2021, 11:23:28 PM »

Printing Defects is a regular d-mod and can be removed with a Restore, the restoration dock or just the Field Repairs skill and some waiting.

Huh. If that was the same way in 0.9.1a in the earlier version I had, then it's a pretty huge oversight I had, because that was the entire reason I went "yep, I'm just not going to bother with this feature if it makes defective hulls". Thanks for the clarification.

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: July 28, 2021, 01:44:44 AM »

Reverse Engineering gives you a blueprint. The derelict Chain gives you one to five (depending on hull size / AI cores) carbon copies of the ship you used, including installed S-Mods, and has the ability to apply three more S-Mods for free if the correct cores are used.

so wait, i can decide what S mods a ship has by reverse engineering a ship that in the way that i want and then all the reverse engineered ships coming from this ship will have those S mods?

that sounds incredible. incredibly OP but it is so late game who the hell cares. as a side note, if i reverse engineer a ship with the automated ship construction hull mod for 3 extra S mods and the skill to mod one more in, so that i create a ship woth 6 S mods and then let it go trough the chain with only alpha cores again, will i then gain a ship with 3 of the hull mods i built in(because my max is 3 after all), 6 because it only cares about the max amount of hull mods after applying hte automated construction hull mod or never cares or will it be added another time to it for say 9 max hull mods?

i wanna see how ridiculous i can be

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: July 28, 2021, 02:01:07 AM »

then let it go trough the chain with only alpha cores again
Printed ships cannot be deconstructed (or reverse engineered I believe, so no copying that rare ship to get enough for a blueprint). That also means that when you find a ship as a forge template you can't make copies of it.

nocluewhatimdoing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 28, 2021, 07:04:52 AM »

What file do I edit and where in the file is the line to give the alpha core the proper bonuses, because I think I read a tooltip that said gamma and beta cores give bonuses that the alpha core doesn't, which is absolute horse-***

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: July 28, 2021, 07:48:55 AM »

so wait, i can decide what S mods a ship has by reverse engineering a ship that in the way that i want and then all the reverse engineered ships coming from this ship will have those S mods?

i wanna see how ridiculous i can be
Reverse engineering and the printing chain are entirely seperate from each other. You can not use printed ships for reverse engineering in any way.

What file do I edit and where in the file is the line to give the alpha core the proper bonuses, because I think I read a tooltip that said gamma and beta cores give bonuses that the alpha core doesn't, which is absolute horse-***
maybe play the mod first, you will find out that you are wrong and your comment makes zero sense.

Additionally, if you have to ask what to do, you lack the knowledge required to do it anyway.

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: July 28, 2021, 10:34:25 AM »

Reverse engineering and the printing chain are entirely seperate from each other. You can not use printed ships for reverse engineering in any way.

i meant by reverse engineering the hull forge line, with reverse engineering being the hull deconstructor or hull forge, or whatever the thing is called

nocluewhatimdoing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: July 28, 2021, 01:02:13 PM »

I've been playing for nearly a week and I exclusively use alpha cores

Also get *** rid of that second line it holds no water

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: July 28, 2021, 02:01:11 PM »

i meant by reverse engineering the hull forge line, with reverse engineering being the hull deconstructor or hull forge, or whatever the thing is called
I see! To answer the question, then - since printed ships can't be deconstructed again, the limit for total S-Mods is 6 - 3 from vanilla, 3 from the Forge - any additional mods notwithstanding.

I've been playing for nearly a week and I exclusively use alpha cores

Also get *** rid of that second line it holds no water
Alpha cores in this mod are not necessarily better than betas or gammas, depending on the situation. The effects usually are mutually exclusive as well, so it's a rather useless request, which is why I was asking you to engage with them so you could figure that out before making a fool of yourself.

As for the second line - changing AI core effects means adjusting all code in the relevant classes, though you would have known that, had you any capability to achieve it in the first place. Since the mod is around 30k loc and the core effects are hardcoded and decentralized in most cases, I wish you the best of luck.

nocluewhatimdoing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: July 28, 2021, 02:06:15 PM »

How are you this bad at counting
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 154