Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 154

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1225598 times)

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Industrial.Evolution 2.2.f - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #975 on: July 22, 2021, 11:10:42 AM »

Huh, I just got Safety Overrides s-modded into a frigate by the Hull Forge. Dunno if you want that to happen as a special bonus for running the Forge pipeline but it seems unlikely.
It's something that can happen in the wild too, it's only the player that can't do it. (Although it's already addressed for next vanilla release.)

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: July 22, 2021, 11:17:39 AM »

Huh, I just got Safety Overrides s-modded into a frigate by the Hull Forge. Dunno if you want that to happen as a special bonus for running the Forge pipeline but it seems unlikely.
intentional, nothing's off limits for the forge since it's a real hassle to get it to work

nocluewhatimdoing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: July 23, 2021, 11:43:51 AM »

Im not sure if it this or grand colonies but I'm getting this whenever I save my game

[attachment deleted by admin]

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: July 23, 2021, 01:39:16 PM »

Im not sure if it this or grand colonies but I'm getting this whenever I save my game
It's neither, this has nothing to do with my mods, sorry.

nocluewhatimdoing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: July 23, 2021, 02:24:39 PM »

Well Alex thought so

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: July 23, 2021, 02:33:56 PM »

(For reference, this is the source thread:
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=22348.msg336680#msg336680

I don't know which mod is causing it, but it looks fairly likely that *one* of the mods involved is putting stuff in the save that shouldn't go there.

This could be caused by, say, holding on to a *SpecAPI of some sort in a data member of a script, or perhaps a CampaignUIAPI reference, or something similar. Also of note: it would only crash when running the game in devMode, but it'd still be an issue regardless, since depending on what this is that's going into the save, who knows what might happen when it's re-loaded.)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: July 23, 2021, 02:37:08 PM »

Well Alex thought so

(Hmm, for the future - it may be helpful to provide a bit more info so that the person you're talking to actually has a chance of understanding what you're describing...)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 02:46:33 PM by Alex »

nocluewhatimdoing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: July 23, 2021, 02:57:38 PM »

Wait do people not go looking through others post history to save us time

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: July 23, 2021, 03:17:31 PM »

(For reference, this is the source thread:
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=22348.msg336680#msg336680

I don't know which mod is causing it, but it looks fairly likely that *one* of the mods involved is putting stuff in the save that shouldn't go there.

This could be caused by, say, holding on to a *SpecAPI of some sort in a data member of a script, or perhaps a CampaignUIAPI reference, or something similar. Also of note: it would only crash when running the game in devMode, but it'd still be an issue regardless, since depending on what this is that's going into the save, who knows what might happen when it's re-loaded.)
Hm, I'll take a look again, I was pretty sure I cleaned all those up from my early forays into coding - might have missed one, then. Thank you for providing context!

Wait do people not go looking through others post history to save us time
I work a full time and a part time job and have a family, I do not have time to play detective - if not enough information is provided for a non-recurrent issue, I will ignore the problem until provided with enough information to act on it quickly and decisively. It is in your best interest to provide as much information to a mod author as you can, as the mod crashing is primarily your problem.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 03:20:53 PM by SirHartley »

nocluewhatimdoing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: July 23, 2021, 03:30:40 PM »

I have 14 posts it wouldn't be that hard if the forums had a sense of speed to the navigation

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: July 23, 2021, 04:03:45 PM »

Hmm, come to think of it - @nocluewhatimdoing, just to check - do you have the latest version of all the mods?

nocluewhatimdoing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: July 23, 2021, 04:05:35 PM »

As latest as it gets without going to the dark web because some are a bit behind on the RC and it makes me paranoid

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: July 26, 2021, 07:56:47 AM »

intentional, nothing's off limits for the forge since it's a real hassle to get it to work

what the hell is the forge pipeline? this sounds like some sort of industry allowing me to have even more S mods in my hulls. do i just build it or what is it?

also how can i change up what my ships get? expanded missile racks for the omen are kind of useless tbh

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: July 26, 2021, 12:53:39 PM »

what the hell is the forge pipeline? this sounds like some sort of industry allowing me to have even more S mods in my hulls. do i just build it or what is it?

also how can i change up what my ships get? expanded missile racks for the omen are kind of useless tbh

Spoiler
That's how I refer to the chain of disassembler -> forge -> laboratory since it's a production pipeline you can use to make fancier ships.
[close]
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 154