Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 154

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1235652 times)

supremequesopizza

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Industrial.Evolution 2.2.b - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #840 on: May 24, 2021, 09:49:40 AM »

Hey! Is there a way to get older versions of the mod? the shipyard components thing is interesting but I have some more obscure/undeveloped factions that are suffering because of the lack of salvage yards. I love the change overall though!

Same question, actually. I missed out on 2.1.c sadly :( so missing out on those upgrades and can't upgrade to 2.2 without crashes in my current game.
Not sure if it's currently recommended based on the fixes in 2.2.a and b though.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 09:51:35 AM by supremequesopizza »

Hague

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: May 25, 2021, 05:48:18 PM »

I like a lot of the stuff myself. Personally, the idea that ships can't be made of a certain quality without scrap parts from other ships (possibly ones they already own that blew up in their own system where their salvage yards are) doesn't make much sense. The conceit in this particular universe is that people don't really have the expertise to put ships back together the way they are supposed to and rely entirely on printing brand  new parts from blueprints. No BPs, no ships. While I feel that you could put a reasonable ship together with scrap parts you'd still be better off making new components with your nanoforges or less-impressive heavy industry methods. It just doesn't make much sense to me that with a complete blueprint and a planet-wide ship-building industry that you'd need parts unreliably brought in by scavengers.

What I suggest is making it so that academies demand crew and they produce a new crew-like resource called "experts" that would be required for a variety of your mod's industries. Then you can make it so nanoforges add demand for experts to heavy industry that is slotted with a nanoforge . If experts are not properly supplied to a nanoforge-using industry then it loses the benefits of the nanoforge or perhaps even has a penalty in ship quality. This kinda makes more sense, in that a faction without access to experts can't actually use the fancy Domain tech without having some people that know how to use it. Since many core factions have access to academies (maybe more could be added?) that would alleviate problems with access to things that penalize their ship quality. It could be expanded to all other Domain artifact modifiers, like the broke-ass Dealmaker. Naturally, this is just a suggestion but I feel like you might vibe to the idea that maybe some eggheads need to get spread around to make sense of high-tech stuff.

The primary complaint from others regarding the salvage yard resources seems to be that other factions don't build salvage yards. I dunno if it's better to have mod-makers opt-in to have your mod add stuff to their colonies if found or vice versa but that seems to be the most reasonable solution to that particular gripe.

atreg

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Industrial.Evolution 2.1.b - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #842 on: May 25, 2021, 07:58:24 PM »

I am having a problem with edicts on size 6 planet because they end instantly after enacting. Any clue what might cause that?
Bumping this question. I've looked around and found other people with the same issue, but none of them seem to have gotten a response.

captinjoehenry

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: May 26, 2021, 01:32:49 AM »

How can I add ship component production to an industry?  As I have the XLU heavy industry and the Shadowyards Super Shipyards and neither of them produce ship components when I'd imagine both of them should be able to produce the components in decent number.  And I have no idea where to start to add production to that.

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: May 26, 2021, 05:57:03 AM »

How can I add ship component production to an industry?  As I have the XLU heavy industry and the Shadowyards Super Shipyards and neither of them produce ship components when I'd imagine both of them should be able to produce the components in decent number.  And I have no idea where to start to add production to that.

You might have to ask for integration for those mods, although I'm not sure from Hartley or XLU/SRA authors.

Although for manual tweaking I think...

mods -> SRA/XLU -> data -> campaign -> industries.csv

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: May 26, 2021, 07:52:36 AM »

Hey! Is there a way to get older versions of the mod? the shipyard components thing is interesting but I have some more obscure/undeveloped factions that are suffering because of the lack of salvage yards. I love the change overall though!
you can get all prior versions from my repo.
I am having a problem with edicts on size 6 planet because they end instantly after enacting. Any clue what might cause that?
Bumping this question. I've looked around and found other people with the same issue, but none of them seem to have gotten a response.
yup it's broken, I'm fixing that for the next version! thanks for the report.

You might have to ask for integration for those mods, although I'm not sure from Hartley or XLU/SRA authors.

Although for manual tweaking I think...

mods -> SRA/XLU -> data -> campaign -> industries.csv
that won't help, since it's in code, data edits do nothing :/

Integration for Shadowyards is already done, the orbitals just don't produce parts - they consume them. if you want them produced, try the fabricators, those output them! (not sure if implemented in release version)

I'll look into xlu.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: May 26, 2021, 03:08:54 PM »

When a planet is explored through a salvaging event (finding survey data on it) the industrial ruins attribute won't show what type of ruin it is until I build a colony.

Do modded factions always produce ambassadors or is it limited to ones specifically made compatible with IE?

Was just gonna post this. When I try a forced relocation edict on my size 6 planet with two other planets in the same system it just cancels the edict immediately for no apparent reason and causes a huge penalty to stability. Both other planets were size 3-4 on my first attempt and size 5 on my second.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 03:10:49 PM by KDR_11k »

beyondfubar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: May 26, 2021, 03:27:47 PM »

This wouldn't happen to be talking about the restoration dock would it? First time I've got it in probably 30 hours of play, but figured it might be helpful if it was.

9615139 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: n must be positive
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: n must be positive
   at java.util.Random.nextInt(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.IndEvo_dryDock.removeDMods(IndEvo_dryDock.java:193)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.IndEvo_dryDock.reportEconomyTick(IndEvo_dryDock.java:103)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.listeners.ListenerUtil.reportEconomyTick(ListenerUtil.java:100)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.doEndOfStepStuff(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.nextFrame(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: May 27, 2021, 04:52:32 AM »

When a planet is explored through a salvaging event (finding survey data on it) the industrial ruins attribute won't show what type of ruin it is until I build a colony.

Do modded factions always produce ambassadors or is it limited to ones specifically made compatible with IE?

Was just gonna post this. When I try a forced relocation edict on my size 6 planet with two other planets in the same system it just cancels the edict immediately for no apparent reason and causes a huge penalty to stability. Both other planets were size 3-4 on my first attempt and size 5 on my second.
Thank you for the report on the tooltip, that's a new one!

Ambassadors generate for supported factions on larger planets (5+). You can edit the supported factions via the whitelist in indEvo/Config/IndeEvo (I think that's the path, at least).

This wouldn't happen to be talking about the restoration dock would it? First time I've got it in probably 30 hours of play, but figured it might be helpful if it was.
that one's fixed in dev - some ships have unrepairable dmods, these cause a crash...

Mytre

• Ensign
  • So i see you read this
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 27, 2021, 07:09:06 AM »

9615139 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: n must be positive
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.IndEvo_dryDock.removeDMods(IndEvo_dryDock.java:193)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.IndEvo_dryDock.reportEconomyTick(IndEvo_dryDock.java:103)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.listeners.ListenerUtil.reportEconomyTick(ListenerUtil.java:100)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.doEndOfStepStuff(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.nextFrame(Unknown Source)

You are not alone, im also right now stuck there might be a ship that is causing that issue on the restoration dock:

Code
146454 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: n must be positive

For now since I saved 10 seconds before the crash I have to do emergency burn to the plane and take all ships out :) and find who is the culprit.

Found the culprit for this error! luddic ships that have ill advised modifications, that ship stays with a dmod marker but when you remove that ship from the restoration dock you cannot put them back in, after removing i do not get the fatal error again.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 07:27:21 AM by Mytre »

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: May 27, 2021, 08:15:52 AM »

Printed ships show "Something broke." in the Engineering Hub and "Printing Defects" in the Deconstructor screen (despite having no errors). I assume that it's intended that you can't use them as a basis for blueprints or forge templates but the error messages could probably be clearer.

EDIT: Weird, my alpha'd disassembler/forge production chain just produced two Paragons with Militarized Subsystems. Is that a weird interaction with Seeker because it adds a Paragon-derived space farm ship?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 11:59:28 AM by KDR_11k »

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: May 27, 2021, 01:47:40 PM »

Printed ships show "Something broke." in the Engineering Hub and "Printing Defects" in the Deconstructor screen (despite having no errors). I assume that it's intended that you can't use them as a basis for blueprints or forge templates but the error messages could probably be clearer.

EDIT: Weird, my alpha'd disassembler/forge production chain just produced two Paragons with Militarized Subsystems. Is that a weird interaction with Seeker because it adds a Paragon-derived space farm ship?
Yup, very well guessed! It is indeed. The issue has been fixed in Dev.

Regarding the Deconstructor/Hub messages - I forgot to adjust the message for the new defect system, it should show "can not use - printing defects", but it broke, hence "something broke". Also fixed that, thanks for the report!

beyondfubar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: May 27, 2021, 01:51:38 PM »

Thanks Mytre! I don't remember putting a luddic ship in there, but I don't even come close to saying I didn't. They're a scourge and I use their ships as screens for more important ones. I must have tossed a freighter of theirs in there and forgot about it.

Hopefully the Hegemony do not have a similar issue because they're my new target on another playthrough. I didn't rotate saves (my fault) so I can't get back to the dock and remove them, I am super close too. Sad, but again why didn't I have multiple save slots, that's on me, and my voracious attempts to crash starsector with mountains of mods.

Honestly this is the only non-version related crash so far. Starsector has been unbelievably solid for being in beta and suffers from a fantastic modder population that appears to have a very high level of solid coding experience.  Compared to Skyrim, there really isn't a comparison.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 27, 2021, 01:59:49 PM »

Thanks Mytre! I don't remember putting a luddic ship in there, but I don't even come close to saying I didn't. They're a scourge and I use their ships as screens for more important ones. I must have tossed a freighter of theirs in there and forgot about it.

Hopefully the Hegemony do not have a similar issue because they're my new target on another playthrough. I didn't rotate saves (my fault) so I can't get back to the dock and remove them, I am super close too. Sad, but again why didn't I have multiple save slots, that's on me, and my voracious attempts to crash starsector with mountains of mods.

Honestly this is the only non-version related crash so far. Starsector has been unbelievably solid for being in beta and suffers from a fantastic modder population that appears to have a very high level of solid coding experience.  Compared to Skyrim, there really isn't a comparison.
if you have console commands, type "devmode", then type "goto [starsystem], then goto [planet] - that'll teleport you right next to the planet while no time passes, so you can remove the ship!

Sorry for the bricked save.

beyondfubar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 27, 2021, 02:09:46 PM »

Thanks! That's great I do have that mod. No worries on the save thing, like I said it's on me for not having a backup. If it turns out to be a luddic ship I'll just move on but if it isn't I'll report back with what it was. I assume that will make it easier to track down the offender.

EDIT:

Yep it was ill-advised modifications, I actually had two ships with it, removing them and waiting for the next month resulted in no crash. Thank you Mytre and SirHartley!

Info: Both were luddic path, both had just one D-mod left and removing them (the ships) resulted in no crash.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 02:17:35 PM by beyondfubar »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 154