Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 155

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1237226 times)

Eugenalt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Industrial.Evolution 3.2.c - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #1875 on: May 20, 2023, 07:49:30 AM »

Dear SirHartley, there is a request, regarding the "Rift Generator" the control of the jump is extremely opaque, it is possible to make the control more accurate, no matter under what conditions, even if in order to obtain a device that allows you to accurately direct the planet to the desired system, you need to defeat the Hegemony or kill all the pirates. As a last resort, if you have time, explain the random jump algorithm, it's definitely not "random" as described. You see, a hundred or two saveloads to get to the right place is frustrating.
P.S. I am sorry for my English.

coleroni

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: May 20, 2023, 05:25:06 PM »

so if I need to sneak into a system and they have a missile artillery station... how am I supposed to sneak into the system? the watchtowers have a billion sensor range and I can't even get close to my objectives without a full systems worth of fleets on me in 0.1293120938109 seconds. Am I doing something wrong? is there a way to "disable" the watchtowers perhaps? I just want to do the hacky wacky on a comm relay man :(

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: May 20, 2023, 05:59:55 PM »

so if I need to sneak into a system and they have a missile artillery station... how am I supposed to sneak into the system? the watchtowers have a billion sensor range and I can't even get close to my objectives without a full systems worth of fleets on me in 0.1293120938109 seconds. Am I doing something wrong? is there a way to "disable" the watchtowers perhaps? I just want to do the hacky wacky on a comm relay man :(

Watchtowers have no effect on fleet lines of sight or on detection for subterfuge things. Or at least shouldn't, in my experience.

If you're trying to sneak into a system, entering via a jump point is often a bad idea, because they're often patrolled. You'll have better luck jumping in at a gas giant or another planet's nascent JP via transverse jump.

SemperShpee

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: May 21, 2023, 11:36:00 AM »

My game crashed while trying to access the requisition center at 0.96.
Ive attached a text file with the crash log.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: May 21, 2023, 11:54:24 AM »

Yes, using 3.2c in .96 will result in weirdness.

If you want no crashes, wait for the update.

Terran Allias

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: May 24, 2023, 02:04:09 PM »

"so, a week or two, at best."

Oh boy it's almost a week or two at best.

Soviet Tom Bombadil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: May 24, 2023, 08:18:32 PM »

don't rush the stew or the veggies will be mushy.
Remember the 0.96 update added that new colony + industry framework. There might be some really cool reasons why it's taking a minute.
(Note: I'm in a hurry to see the new IndEvo too :) )

« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 08:20:19 PM by Soviet Tom Bombadil »

Pagan Pope

• Ensign
  • Local lobster smuggler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: May 25, 2023, 06:37:28 AM »

He delays update by 1 day every time some one asks when its coming out.

Radicaljack

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: May 25, 2023, 07:35:08 AM »

i said my loins were feeling it was ready to come out in the discord and he kicked me in the loins hard so it's not ready.

no one sane cares tho, the mod is worth a full playthru alone, mans a legend, let him cook.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: May 25, 2023, 09:35:14 AM »

He delays update by 1 day every time some one asks when its coming out.

Is it now? Well...

Spoiler
When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out? When is the update coming out?
[close]

I'm not even playing 0.96 right now, so i don't actually care if this updates right now or in a million years, just wanna mess with y'all.

Hague

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: May 26, 2023, 05:17:33 PM »

It seems that when you leave marines in a detached fleet they lose their experience which, at the moment, will force the player to bring their marines (and ships that can carry them) with them on stealth detachment missions.

One particular use I've found for detachments is to detach my fleet to approach in salvage ships with solar shielding so I can hit up corona facilities with less supply loss. You don't need to bring the cargo ships, just do the salvage and let the pods float out. I do the same thing with minefield planets, just let the pods float out. At least until cargo pods start triggering mods anyway

Earthenlady

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: May 27, 2023, 11:27:24 AM »

NGL this mod is a must-have for me. I can't play without it :( So much QoL in this it's insane.

Mod author, I'm not asking when it's coming out. What I am saying is that I HOPE it's ready soon.

Much love from a big fan!

highIntensityGazer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: May 29, 2023, 06:43:41 AM »

It seems that when you leave marines in a detached fleet they lose their experience which, at the moment, will force the player to bring their marines (and ships that can carry them) with them on stealth detachment missions.

One particular use I've found for detachments is to detach my fleet to approach in salvage ships with solar shielding so I can hit up corona facilities with less supply loss. You don't need to bring the cargo ships, just do the salvage and let the pods float out. I do the same thing with minefield planets, just let the pods float out. At least until cargo pods start triggering mods anyway

The workaround I'm using is to always leave one marine in your own fleet. I dunno how the game actually saves "marine experience" but as long as there are any number of marines in your inventory, it will remember how many experienced marines there are in total.

SoulEater

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: May 30, 2023, 10:46:00 AM »

Kinda pointless when your Grand Colonies mod doesn't work. "shrug"

Desann

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: May 30, 2023, 01:02:39 PM »

Kinda pointless when your Grand Colonies mod doesn't work. "shrug"

What is kinda pointless? This mod that hasn't been updated for 96, and you're trying to use it now? Not quite following you. It's not ready for 96, and clearly says that on the front page.

The game JUST updated to 96 fairly recently, so please be patient with modders as they update. If you have a bug with Grand Colonies, try helping by posting on the 'Grand Colonies' thread with your starsector log or anything else that might help them reproduce the problem. Maybe you are having a mod conflict?

Good luck to you.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 155