Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 155

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1237339 times)

Hyperion505

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Industrial.Evolution 3.1.f - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #1590 on: November 08, 2022, 03:30:26 AM »

you should probably disable dev mode...

I'm quite fine with devmode on, why does devmode cause the artillery to target you regardless?
because devmode is developer mode, which means stuff doesn't work the way it usually does. I needed the artillery to shoot at me, so I made it shoot at me when in devmode. Most of the industrial evolution mod misbehaves while this mode is enabled, you can expect weird behaviour like the artillery shooting you and mines always hitting you, removal of normal limitations or cooldowns and of course crashes - because I do not player-proof a setting that is for development. Sorry about that.

Fair enough, just won't use the artillery then.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 08:46:30 AM by Hyperion505 »

stal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: November 10, 2022, 04:06:28 PM »

Quick question, wondering what is the command for spawning an artillery station? I found the one for watchtowers, but Artillery requires to be following a planet.

Bangle

• Ensign
  • Overdosing on mods.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: November 12, 2022, 04:33:15 AM »

I have a rather confusing experience with the transpoofer consumable.
It starts with me engaging a luddic path base by sneaking in with an active transpoofer.
After the battle however, the game calculated that the ship i have deployed were hostiles and made me fight my own ships.

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: November 12, 2022, 08:11:55 AM »

Are there any plans to add more special items for the added industries and structures? For example for Restoration Docks, Privateer Base, etc.
Yeah, when I get ideas on what to do with them :P

Thank you, looking forward to new unique items.

Moomoomaster69

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: November 13, 2022, 05:39:36 PM »

Do you know how to enable building artillery for stations from other mods(like the remnant battlestation from terraforming)

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: November 17, 2022, 10:24:10 AM »

If I want to configure the ships in my mod to be reverse engineered in the Engineering Hub, do I just add in a data\config\indEvo\reverse_engineering_whitelist.csv to my mod with the ship names?

I think with how Starsector does things it would just append, but I haven't tried with new mod files before, only core starsector files.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: November 18, 2022, 12:15:28 AM »

I have a rather confusing experience with the transpoofer consumable.
It starts with me engaging a luddic path base by sneaking in with an active transpoofer.
After the battle however, the game calculated that the ship i have deployed were hostiles and made me fight my own ships.
That is a bug. Thanks for the report!

Do you know how to enable building artillery for stations from other mods(like the remnant battlestation from terraforming)
Mod author has to add compatibility.

If I want to configure the ships in my mod to be reverse engineered in the Engineering Hub, do I just add in a data\config\indEvo\reverse_engineering_whitelist.csv to my mod with the ship names?

I think with how Starsector does things it would just append, but I haven't tried with new mod files before, only core starsector files.
Yeah, you just need a file in your own mod - there are instructions under the "mod authors" tab on the mod page, check it out!

Mephansteras

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: November 18, 2022, 08:58:35 AM »

Yeah, you just need a file in your own mod - there are instructions under the "mod authors" tab on the mod page, check it out!

Cool, thanks!

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: November 19, 2022, 02:55:45 PM »

Mod author has to add compatibility.

Hello! I'm the author of TASC. How can I add compatibility with the IndEvo artillery station to the Remnant station from TASC?

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: November 20, 2022, 02:21:48 AM »

Boggled, I have a question. How does it work for buildings like the senate and academy when the colony interaction menu is "clogged" by mods like Exotica Tech, Progressive Smods, and TASC? I heard you consolidated your options, but how many buildings with colony interactions do I need for that?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: November 20, 2022, 07:16:41 AM »

Boggled, I have a question. How does it work for buildings like the senate and academy when the colony interaction menu is "clogged" by mods like Exotica Tech, Progressive Smods, and TASC? I heard you consolidated your options, but how many buildings with colony interactions do I need for that?

Having too many colony menu additions is definitely problematic. I plan to move the terraforming and crafting screens to the intel screen so TASC doesn't contribute to this.

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: November 20, 2022, 08:27:35 AM »

Thanks, that should help a bit, yeah. (The reason I mentioned you here was a name mixup. Sorry for confusing you and Hartley, BTW. TBF, your two mods work together REALLY well.)
For now I can bypass it by running indevo structures in your stations and NOT building the VIC revitalization center on them. This means stations end as the only government options, but it is worth it for the broken ships.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 08:29:52 AM by YourLocalMairaaboo »

Uther Phobos

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: November 20, 2022, 01:30:25 PM »

Thanks, that should help a bit, yeah. (The reason I mentioned you here was a name mixup. Sorry for confusing you and Hartley, BTW. TBF, your two mods work together REALLY well.)
For now I can bypass it by running indevo structures in your stations and NOT building the VIC revitalization center on them. This means stations end as the only government options, but it is worth it for the broken ships.
Meh, the biggest issue is that there's only 10 keys assigned to the menu, beyond that it doesn't really break anything since you can still use the mouse to access them. The only thing you're actually bypassing is having those options available.

Big Bee

• Commander
  • bugs are cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: November 21, 2022, 03:30:39 AM »

I'm quite annoyed that allied fleets don't seem to help against artillery stations. I used an abillity from another mod to call a fleet to help me but if I engage the station it's just my fleet vs the station and the defender fleet...

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: November 21, 2022, 07:18:08 AM »

Meh, the biggest issue is that there's only 10 keys assigned to the menu, beyond that it doesn't really break anything since you can still use the mouse to access them. The only thing you're actually bypassing is having those options available.
Thing is, the options physically leave the screen, so no, I can't.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 155